Sign in to follow this  
????

John Guidetti

Mentioned this last season before he signed a new contract at Man city, never going to get in there team but is a good young player, scored 20 goals in 23apps on loan at Feyenoord last season and was due to play in euros for Sweden but picked up an injury. Ideal replacement for Holt (if we sell)  Sign him up!! 

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''ve also mentioned him! Would cost £4m but if we sell Holt for £6 then its got to be done![/quote]You just made up that figure.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="I am a Banana"]I''ve also mentioned him! Would cost £4m but if we sell Holt for £6 then its got to be done![/quote]

You just made up that figure.
[/quote]

I did indeed.

His contract ran out at the end of last season and was due to sign for Fc Twente but at the last minute Man City offered him a three year contract.  So got two years left on his contract and depending on whether MC are willing to sell 4/5m sounds about right but i could be wrong ;)!  Could be seen a bit of a gamble at that price as he is yet to prove himself in the Prem.  But Mc must of seen potential in him to offer him three years last season!

Sounds a cracking eager player wanting that chance.Lukaku is another high profile player who could be playing in a top 8 team on loan from Chelsea. Love how he wasn''t happy with champions league medal as he felt he hadn''t achieved anything... wonder if he will get his chance this year... But I am sure Chelsea would not loan to a title contender... I think he may be out of our league but I love transfer speculation.

Well that is the other thing really... if holt stays or goes (and i hope goes after all the hassle) get this type of talent in the door.Pay a good price and put on a good selling price, it is about getting those players who can take us to the next level.This guy looks very tidy and my god we need this calibre up front... and it would be an exceptional signing

Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. 

Good player but he''s going to Galatasaray according to Turkish news. 
He was pictured landing in Istanbul airport for talks a week or so ago, I''ll try and dig up the link.

[quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland.

Link HERE - the site is a bit hit and miss with transfer news but the fact he was pictured suggests there is/was something in it.
It was longer ago than I thought - so maybe nothing has been agreed yet/deal has fallen through.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
Yes, but Suarez kind of illustrates my point. When he played For Ajax scored 17 goals in his first season, 22 in his second and 35 in his third and was well on his way to repeating this feat before signing for Liverpool, where he has scored only 11 goals in a full season (3 of which game against Norwich). Take nothing away from Suarez, he does a lot more than score, and is a very technically gifted, exciting player but he has yet to score anywhere near what he achieved in the Eredivisie. Guidetti could be the one that adapts, he could be more van Nistelrooy (who played in a much more competitive Eredivisie than Guidetti) than Alves or Suarez but the Eredivisie is clearly an easier league to score goals in than in the Premier League and unless he clearly has something else to his game than an ability to score (i.e. being able to set up goals) than there is a big question mark over him. 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
Yes, but Suarez kind of illustrates my point. When he played For Ajax scored 17 goals in his first season, 22 in his second and 35 in his third and was well on his way to repeating this feat before signing for Liverpool, where he has scored only 11 goals in a full season (3 of which game against Norwich). Take nothing away from Suarez, he does a lot more than score, and is a very technically gifted, exciting player but he has yet to score anywhere near what he achieved in the Eredivisie. Guidetti could be the one that adapts, he could be more van Nistelrooy (who played in a much more competitive Eredivisie than Guidetti) than Alves or Suarez but the Eredivisie is clearly an easier league to score goals in than in the Premier League and unless he clearly has something else to his game than an ability to score (i.e. being able to set up goals) than there is a big question mark over him. 
[/quote]That was because he was being used as a proper, out and out striker for Ajax. At Liverpool he is being used ''in the hole''. He has certainly adapted to the Premier League brilliantly- if we are talking purely about football, of course, and not culture and language...

No doubt for that Suarez is a world class talent. When he gets it right like he did against us at Carrow Road he has frightening ability. But he just wasn''t clinical enough in front of goal last season. He was guilty of wasting a lot of clear cut chances particularly against us up at Anfield.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]That was because he was being used as a proper, out and out striker for Ajax. At Liverpool he is being used ''in the hole''. He has certainly adapted to the Premier League brilliantly- if we are talking purely about football, of course, and not culture and language...[/quote]
Suareaz has played several positions this season, from striker to winger, he still hasn''t hit anywhere near the goals he did, even when he was playing as a striker (and he was part of a front two or a lone striker more often than not)

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]That was because he was being used as a proper, out and out striker for Ajax. At Liverpool he is being used ''in the hole''. He has certainly adapted to the Premier League brilliantly- if we are talking purely about football, of course, and not culture and language...[/quote]
Suareaz has played several positions this season, from striker to winger, he still hasn''t hit anywhere near the goals he did, even when he was playing as a striker (and he was part of a front two or a lone striker more often than not)
[/quote]If you are trying to use Suarez as an example of someone who has failed coming over from Holland, then what on earth has a player got to do in order to be a success?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]If you are trying to use Suarez as an example of someone who has failed coming over from Holland, then what on earth has a player got to do in order to be a success?
[/quote]
I am not arguing that Suarez hasn''t been a success, he has been successful, what I''m trying to indicate is that player who score lots of goals in Holland are (usually) not as successful in front of goal in England. In Holland Suarez was scoring far more goals than he is now, that is not to say Suarez hasn''t been successful or that his return of 11 goals this season is not a good tally, what I''m trying to say is that those who move from Holland to the Premier League tend to struggle to score as many goals, good players though (like Suarez) will always be good players. What I''m indicating is the Guidetti needs to be more than just a goalscorer (Suarez, for example, has always created a lot of chances) as those who move from Holland tend to see a significant reduction in the amount of goals they score. 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]
I am not arguing that Suarez hasn''t been a success, he has been successful, what I''m trying to indicate is that player who score lots of goals in Holland are (usually) not as successful in front of goal in England. In Holland Suarez was scoring far more goals than he is now, that is not to say Suarez hasn''t been successful or that his return of 11 goals this season is not a good tally, what I''m trying to say is that those who move from Holland to the Premier League tend to struggle to score as many goals, good players though (like Suarez) will always be good players. What I''m indicating is the Guidetti needs to be more than just a goalscorer (Suarez, for example, has always created a lot of chances) as those who move from Holland tend to see a significant reduction in the amount of goals they score. 
[/quote]Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink had a record of five goals in 47 second tier games in Holland. Robin van Persie scored 15 in 61 for Feyenoord.I do see where you coming from though, and I do agree with part of what you are saying. Of course, some players perform very differently, in terms of style and ability, when moving between countries, but you cannot write a player off just because there have been a few failures making the same move- especially when there have been successes.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink had a record of five goals in 47 second tier games in Holland. Robin van Persie scored 15 in 61 for Feyenoord.I do see where you coming from though, and I do agree with part of what you are saying. Of course, some players perform very differently, in terms of style and ability, when moving between countries, but you cannot write a player off just because there have been a few failures making the same move- especially when there have been successes.[/quote]
I''m not writing him off I''m just...cautious but then again you could make an argument that any player we buy may struggle to adapt to the Premier League.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink had a record of five goals in 47 second tier games in Holland. Robin van Persie scored 15 in 61 for Feyenoord.I do see where you coming from though, and I do agree with part of what you are saying. Of course, some players perform very differently, in terms of style and ability, when moving between countries, but you cannot write a player off just because there have been a few failures making the same move- especially when there have been successes.[/quote]
I''m not writing him off I''m just...cautious but then again you could make an argument that any player we buy may struggle to adapt to the Premier League.
[/quote]Again, I see what you''re saying, but Guidetti has been on Man City''s books for a few years so that shouldn''t be too much of a problem for any Premier League side interested in him.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="I am a Banana"]I''ve also mentioned him! Would cost £4m but if we sell Holt for £6 then its got to be done![/quote]

You just made up that figure.
[/quote]

I did indeed.

[/quote]

What''s the point of that? We don''t all live in a Fantasy World.

I do think Norwich fans are very quick to jump on the ''European players and league will not adapt quickly enough''I think in my time as a fan we have had some very good players come in from Europe, yes we have had some bad, but we also have had some that haven''t worked out from divisions above us and those below us.I believe the prices are not as inflated for European talent as it is for English talent, their fitness, application, desire to play in the prem and English is second to none. I believe we are right to look abroad for a few notable players.Certainly a large nubmer of the players we were bringing up with Lambert where those that we had shown an interest in before or a link was there. Now we have an exciting new era. A managar who will come in and add what he sees will work at this club. Of course it will not be a revolution as the ethos and everythnig that our current players have will need to be moulded just slightly differently. I for one, would be happy for us to be associated with such players we need a few who have the desire to play and have that opportunity at a club where they will have a fan base totally behind them.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Gareth"]Whilst I''m taking nothing away from his ability, the Eredivisie has a reputation of having great strikers in their league that fail to adapt to the Premier League, lets not forget Afonso Alves who scored 47 goals in 39 appearances for SC Heerenveen but was a complete bust when he transferred to Middlesbrough. [/quote]van Nistelrooy and Suarez hit the ground running coming straight from Holland. [/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Again, I see what you''re saying, but Guidetti has been on Man City''s books for a few years so that shouldn''t be too much of a problem for any Premier League side interested in him.[/quote]
I won''t complain if we sign him, and if we do he''ll have my full support, I just prefer to err on the side of caution with new signings (and I mean all signings!)