Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Norwich warning after Lambert joined from Colchester

Sorry if this has been mentioned in last week or so but i have missed it if it has.I was just wondering what the ruling was after we were taken to court when we signed Lambert. From what i remember we were given a fine and a warning maybe? If this is true what exactly did the warning say, could this be problematic now we are looking to bring a new manager in, surely McNally may be more willing just to pay Hughton''s expected release clause than try and negotiate on it after the warning we got over Lambert.Or have i just made this warning thing up, i really can''t remember.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Sorry if this has been mentioned in last week or so but i have missed it if it has.

I was just wondering what the ruling was after we were taken to court when we signed Lambert. From what i remember we were given a fine and a warning maybe? If this is true what exactly did the warning say, could this be problematic now we are looking to bring a new manager in, surely McNally may be more willing just to pay Hughton''s expected release clause than try and negotiate on it after the warning we got over Lambert.

Or have i just made this warning thing up, i really can''t remember.
[/quote]

We were fined £200,000, with £125,000 of that suspended for two years. That extra fine, obviously, has lapsed. But if we break the rules again at any time we will be tried and sentenced as repeat offenders, with almost certainly a much heavier punishment. The points penalty that Colchwester''s chairmna talked about (he wasn''t really being serious) might even come into play.

That does seem rather unlikely, purple - I don''t recall any real mention of points deduction, nor is there any mention of anyone really acting ''underhand'' this time.

Actually, not that it will matter, but was that not a football league tribunal, whereas we are now Premier League which has its own rules and regs?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]That does seem rather unlikely, purple - I don''t recall any real mention of points deduction, nor is there any mention of anyone really acting ''underhand'' this time. Actually, not that it will matter, but was that not a football league tribunal, whereas we are now Premier League which has its own rules and regs?[/quote]

BP, I was mentioning a points deduction only as a possibility, and I wasn''t talking specifically about now (where I hope we are acting perfectly properly) but about any search for a manager in the future. But it is the case in any kind of law that second or repeat offenders normally get harsher punishments. You are right that it was a Football League tribunal, but that would not matter. The fact that we had "previous" would still be a factor that a PL or FA tribunal would take into account.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]That does seem rather unlikely, purple - I don''t recall any real mention of points deduction, nor is there any mention of anyone really acting ''underhand'' this time. Actually, not that it will matter, but was that not a football league tribunal, whereas we are now Premier League which has its own rules and regs?[/quote]

BP, I was mentioning a points deduction only as a possibility, and I wasn''t talking specifically about now (where I hope we are acting perfectly properly) but about any search for a manager in the future. But it is the case in any kind of law that second or repeat offenders normally get harsher punishments. You are right that it was a Football League tribunal, but that would not matter. The fact that we had "previous" would still be a factor that a PL or FA tribunal would take into account.

[/quote]Purple Canary in Green font shocker!!

Cheers guys, that clears things up, nothing really to worry about here then, so long as we do everything properly. I do wonder if the compensation between Norwich and Villa will get a bit messy though.

Robbie Cowling spent a lot of time banging on about points deductions and transfer embargos. There was nothing concrete in this at all from the FA but I just think this was the OP''s reference