Sign in to follow this  
barclayboys

Hughton in Norfolk for talks

Alan '' got a f4cking massive head'' Brazil just said on talksport Chrissy Houghton in Norfolk for talks. Would be good if true

[quote user="barclayboys"]Alan '' got a f4cking massive head'' Brazil just said on talksport Chrissy Houghton in Norfolk for talks. Would be good if true[/quote]

For it to be true (unless we have been very stupid) we would have had to have made an official approach to Birmingham and received permission to speak to Hughton. I''m not saying that hasn''t happened, but I suspect news of such an approach would have leaked out, from one source or another.

Could explain why the odds were cut so drastically yesterday, maybe the bookies heard a whisper something was going on.

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]Didn''t Brum reject an approach from West Brom for him? Can''t imagine they''d all of a sudden say yes to us![/quote]I read somewher that Brum had quoted them a compensation figure of 2 million which they weren''t keen on paying, maybe we have agreed to meet that figure and therefore they have allowed him to talk to us.

For some reason I was listening to Radio Norfolk on the way to work this morning and they were saying that one bookmaker had already closed the book on Hughton... Never trust a Binner but bookies are rarely wrong

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]Didn''t Brum reject an approach from West Brom for him? Can''t imagine they''d all of a sudden say yes to us![/quote]

Touch of deja vu here.Would be very happy if we could land him, would be a bit of good news for a change. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="barclayboys"]Alan '' got a f4cking massive head'' Brazil just said on talksport Chrissy Houghton in Norfolk for talks. Would be good if true[/quote]

For it to be true (unless we have been very stupid) we would have had to have made an official approach to Birmingham and received permission to speak to Hughton. I''m not saying that hasn''t happened, but I suspect news of such an approach would have leaked out, from one source or another.

[/quote]Agreed mate, although the news with WBA and Brum seemed all very quiet when it was supposedly going on. I think our club want to do everything professionally. For example even when it was blatantly obvious PL was in talks with Villa DM still didn''t mention them, he just said ''they''d had an approach''.What was the compensation quoted in relation to WBA wanting Hughton? £2.5m? I doubt we''ll get anything near that from Villa for PL [:(].. It''s going to cost us some of our transfer kitty... [:(]

Anyone else worried why (if this is all legit) Birmingham are happy for us and WBA to talk to him if we agree to pay £2m?  They can''t be THAT strapped for cash.  Maybe they don''t rate him!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Anyone else worried why (if this is all legit) Birmingham are happy for us and WBA to talk to him if we agree to pay £2m?  They can''t be THAT strapped for cash.  Maybe they don''t rate him![/quote]
If they don''t rate Hughton, than they don''t deserve him. Top quality coach, promotion with Newcastle, safety in the EPL with Newcastle and the play offs with Birmingham. Many Brum fans seem to love the guy. If this is true I would be absolutely ecstatic. 

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Anyone else worried why (if this is all legit) Birmingham are happy for us and WBA to talk to him if we agree to pay £2m?  They can''t be THAT strapped for cash.  Maybe they don''t rate him![/quote]Their fans seem to love him and most will be gutted if he goes. Maybe Hughton wants to manage in the prem and they are just trying to get the most they can out of it.

My guess is that Alan Brazil made it up after seeing what happened with the bets closing. It would be a good appointment if true. Altho I wasn''t aware he''d be spotted in ASDA yet so it can''t be....The club are alot more secretive these days and rightly so. I doubt anything will be confirmed one way or the other until the new manager has signed his contract and compensation with his old club is agreed.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Muddy funster"]Anyone else worried why (if this is all legit) Birmingham are happy for us and WBA to talk to him if we agree to pay £2m?  They can''t be THAT strapped for cash.  Maybe they don''t rate him![/quote]

Their fans seem to love him and most will be gutted if he goes. Maybe Hughton wants to manage in the prem and they are just trying to get the most they can out of it.
[/quote]

Maybe he has a Premiership team clause, so he has to be allowed to speak to them.  They maybe hoped they would be promoted and he wouldn''t want to leave.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Muddy funster"]Anyone else worried why (if this is all legit) Birmingham are happy for us and WBA to talk to him if we agree to pay £2m?  They can''t be THAT strapped for cash.  Maybe they don''t rate him![/quote]Their fans seem to love him and most will be gutted if he goes. Maybe Hughton wants to manage in the prem and they are just trying to get the most they can out of it.[/quote]

Maybe he has a Premiership team clause, so he has to be allowed to speak to them.  They maybe hoped they would be promoted and he wouldn''t want to leave.

[/quote]Possibly - someone has just posted on wotb that Radio Norfolk have just said he''s set to be named the new manager but no further details are avaliable yet.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Muddy funster"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Muddy funster"]Anyone else worried why (if this is all legit) Birmingham are happy for us and WBA to talk to him if we agree to pay £2m?  They can''t be THAT strapped for cash.  Maybe they don''t rate him![/quote]

Their fans seem to love him and most will be gutted if he goes. Maybe Hughton wants to manage in the prem and they are just trying to get the most they can out of it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly - someone has just posted on wotb that Radio Norfolk have just said he''s set to be named the new manager but no further details are avaliable yet.
[/quote] I hope this is true it would be a great lift to the team and us fans alike. Its about time we had some good news after a week of missery

It is Alan Brazil and Talksport after all so we will wait and see. £2 million is a lot of money and when you factor in the Lambert compensation will probably leave us about £1 million out of pocket once this is all done. But out of all the candidates mentioned for me he is the outstanding candidate so we need to spend the money. Unless someone appears from left of field to really suprise everyone.

[quote user="Muddy funster"] They can''t be THAT strapped for cash. ![/quote] Carson Yeung stuck in Hong Kong on $8mHK bail facing huge money laundering charges and enormous personal debts. McManaman and another chap have both resigned their positions with BIH the holding co. that owns BCFC in the last two-three days and accounts have been put back another six months.It''s a good bet that BCFC are up the proverbial creek financially and it could get much worse if it transpires that Yeung bought the club with illegally obtained money.If Hughton did what''s known as a Lambert there wont be many who could blame him when you look at the mess and potential for disaster at his current club.

Hucka wrote:

Didn''t Brum reject an approach from West Brom for him? Can''t imagine they''d all of a sudden say yes to us!

Surely as with Lambert that is down to Hughton himself, maybe even the very same scenario - good thing is Hughton is on a year rolling contract, so not expensive!

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2012/06/05/birmingham-city-face-fresh-fight-for-chris-hughton-97319-31113852/

Also maybe Hughton doesn''t want to move to rivals of his team. I know it''s not quite moving from Brum to Villa, but WBA only what 5-10 miles down the road? He seems like a decent bloke, maybe he doesn''t want to stick the knife in, or have to deal with a load of angry brummies every day.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Push the boat out for Ladrup otherwise this will end in tears..[/quote]

Given up on Mick McCarthy?[:P]

Also, if pinning colours to the mast it is a good idea to get eir name right!

Hughton certainly seems the best British option, maybe even a better prospect than lambert if he really did believe he couldn''t take us further.