Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Dweebs on Twitter slating Holt..

Very stupid by that guy. Really is unnecessary.

Holt''s not doing himself any favours though by tweeting things about his contract and his transfer fee.

Agreed! 1 thing I think this whole episode has made apparent if nothing else is that our Grant isn''t the brightest chap there is. But hell, I don''t care as long as he''s ours and can score goals which is still the case.

IMO Holt should be on a break from twitter, at least until things calm down, but it is up to him I guess. Have to say if I was a manager I would not want my players tweeting.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]IMO Holt should be on a break from twitter, at least until things calm down, but it is up to him I guess. Have to say if I was a manager I would not want my players tweeting.[/quote]I don''t know how to tell you this, but Norwich don''t have a manager :P

I can''t say ive much sympathy for Holt, him and his agent have brought on alot of the flak through their own stupidity, what did they expect airing this in public without having a decent argument in the first place, i dont want Holt to leave but it''s got to the point where like Lambert i just can''t see a way that he could stay now, he''s made it clear he doesn''t love us or want to be here anymore.

I won''t swear at him, just wan''t us to get a decent figure for his services and look to bring in a new fresh face who want''s to wear the yellow and green shirt for a season or two, or 3 or 4 .

[quote user="sjs7"]who want''s to wear the yellow and green shirt for a season or two, or 3 or 4 .[/quote]Technically speaking that is exactly what Holt wants.. The argument is that he wants a 3 year contract and Norwich are only offering 2.I know where you''re coming from though.

But he has not said nothing of the sort sjs7. In fact the opposite.

Certainly he has a poor agent and has listened to the wrong advice. I for one hope this can be sorted with the new manager as he will be a major player for us next year if for no other reason than continuity.

Meanwhile, I suppose I have to put up with this stupid infantile backlash to our captain

AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.

I''m not condoning those that are sending Holt abuse, but it''s hardly surprising considering how he is fuelling the situation with his tweets, especially given the timing of Lambert''s departure. To be honest, I also find those people who are begging him to stay a bit cringy, he''s starting to make our club a laughing stock. If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes.

I certainly am not comfortable that there are some begging but I hope this can all be resolved and he remains a yella.

FFS this is getting out of hand now. If this doesn''t stop there will be no chance of him staying, remember this is all happening because he wants to STAY LONGER.

Someone who people will listen to needs to step in before it''s too late, and someone who Grant will listen too needs to step in and tell him to stop making stupid f**king tweets.

Hucks, if you''ve got a spare 5 minutes...

[quote user="forte"]AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.[/quote]

I second that. OP a little hypocritical much?

I for one want Holt to stay, but only a committed Holt, and for him putting "Holt for Villa" on twitter.... he can f**k right off, because all he has done is pushed fans further away from him.........

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="forte"]AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.[/quote]

I second that. OP a little hypocritical much?[/quote]Hush you turds. I didn''t realise I had to add a ''tongue in cheek'' disclaimer to everything that was CLEARLY tongue in cheek.I often find myself over rating the intelligence on these boards.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="forte"]AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.[/quote]

I second that. OP a little hypocritical much?[/quote]Hush you turds. I didn''t realise I had to add a ''tongue in cheek'' disclaimer to everything that was CLEARLY tongue in cheek.I often find myself over rating the intelligence on these boards.[/quote]

And you''re resorting to insults with only the 3rd word in your sentence.

Oh dear.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="forte"]AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.[/quote]

I second that. OP a little hypocritical much?[/quote]Hush you turds. I didn''t realise I had to add a ''tongue in cheek'' disclaimer to everything that was CLEARLY tongue in cheek.I often find myself over rating the intelligence on these boards.[/quote]

Ouch.

"remember this is all happening because he wants to STAY LONGER." Correct me if I''m wrong, but didn''t Holt''s agent say that McNally actually offer the 3rd year in the end, but by that time it was too late? If that was the case then I''m not sure why Holt thought he had priority over an additonal year when the club were still negotiating with the out of contract players? I think Holt obviously did want to stay longer, but it appears now that regardless of an extra year or not, he is eager to leave.

No, he didn''t say it was too late, he said too much damage had been done. A new manager *might* be able to smooth over the issues between McNally and Holt, IF we haven''t caused an irreparable rift by the time he gets here.

Just lay off the bloke.

[quote user="forte"][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="forte"]AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.[/quote]

Oh dear.[/quote]L O L do you not see the irony of what you just said in reply to what I said?I''ve added a little bit extra to my signature just to help you along.. Bless.

[quote user="alysha"]"remember this is all happening because he wants to STAY LONGER." Correct me if I''m wrong, but didn''t Holt''s agent say that McNally actually offer the 3rd year in the end, but by that time it was too late? If that was the case then I''m not sure why Holt thought he had priority over an additonal year when the club were still negotiating with the out of contract players? I think Holt obviously did want to stay longer, but it appears now that regardless of an extra year or not, he is eager to leave.[/quote]

This. The club have backed down and put him in priority to other out of contract players. If he wants to be stubbon and leave the only club that has truly worked for him in his career then he cutting off his nose to spite his face. Both Grant Holt and Norwich will both be worse off in my opinion if he leaves.

Sorry Mr B but why should we lay off him? He has brought this on himself along with his agent. He should not have put his need to leave all over twitter etc, he should have been more professional than that. He knows the fans were hurting over Lambert going and then did this, so sorry but if he can''t handle the crap flying at him then tough, after all he is lucky to have a job unlike some of us!!!!

I guarantee for every person moaning about him voicing his views on Twitter there will be someone moaning about him going quiet about it.Can''t win.

Why should we lay off him?

I''ll split it 50/50 between how important his 70 goals have been in the success of the last 3 seasons and how important his goals will be in the next 2/3 seasons, if he stays.

If you think he''ll be replaceable on our budget then I think you''re in for a severe disappointment.

thats not the issue is it? If he wants to be respected by Norwich fans he should have acted differently!!! Who knows what next season will bring? Even if he stays he has done an awful lot of damage to himself with his outbursts!!!

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="forte"][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="forte"]AndyCanary you''re in no place to slate other fans when you''re carrying that signature. Talk about disrespect.[/quote]

Oh dear.[/quote]L O L do you not see the irony of what you just said in reply to what I said?I''ve added a little bit extra to my signature just to help you along.. Bless.[/quote]

I think whats happened here is that you didn''t quite think before your original post about how it hugely conflicted with your signature. You then got a bit of stick, realised your error and got a bit defensive by claiming it was tongue in cheek. And im not sure you quite know what irony means. But its all good, we all make mistakes.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Honestly, some of our fan base are so utterly stupid I despair.

just fuck off     

Holts reply:

:  just fuck off    Thanx get facts first.

https://twitter.com/holty30/status/209720156241412096

[/quote]

"Thanx get facts first" ?!?!?!?!................Well f**king come out and tell us what they are then Holt, not 3rd hand through your agent on some radio station ??