Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Reluctant to say it at the time...

...but can now.

That 3-0 defeat at Sunderland. Whilst I stuck up for Lambert that night as he was our manager, he well and truly bottled that game. He didn''t want to beat O''Neil, perhaps on a subconscious level, but he didn''t know how to defeat him.

He was seated all of the first half and made half hearted attempts to change things in second half. I was mystified by it, but now he''s gone I can say that I thought he absolutely blew it that night, bottled it completely. Be interesting to see Sunderland/Villa next season.

Never under Lambert had a Norwich team gone out and never looked like getting anything. Even when we got beat my Man City heavily we looked like we had a goal or two in us.

We were toothless at Sunderland, I think Lambert just wanted to get the game over with. Bottled it. Hence why he was going so crazy about everything on the touchline during the next game at home against Bolton.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Never under Lambert had a Norwich team gone out and never looked like getting anything. Even when we got beat my Man City heavily we looked like we had a goal or two in us.

We were toothless at Sunderland, I think Lambert just wanted to get the game over with. Bottled it. Hence why he was going so crazy about everything on the touchline during the next game at home against Bolton.[/quote]Blackburn was bad too. 2 very forgettable games!

[quote user="City penguin"]quite frankly that is a stupid thing to say.[/quote]

PL was subservient that night. Admittedly it was a rare underperformance, but he didn''t muster what was necessary to beat ''The Gaffer'' in that particular game. Be interesting to see whether his self-esteem rises now he’s at Villa?

I have to say I tend to agree. My mate and I whilst watching the game both commented on Lamberts ''lack of animation'' - can I call it? , for virtually the whole match.

Aye, a very uncharacteristic performance.  Almost as if he was responding to a pact made with the master before the match.  Dismissed it from my mind at the time but given what has happened over the past fortnight..........

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]...but can now.

That 3-0 defeat at Sunderland. Whilst I stuck up for Lambert that night as he was our manager, he well and truly bottled that game. He didn''t want to beat O''Neil, perhaps on a subconscious level, but he didn''t know how to defeat him.

He was seated all of the first half and made half hearted attempts to change things in second half. I was mystified by it, but now he''s gone I can say that I thought he absolutely blew it that night, bottled it completely. Be interesting to see Sunderland/Villa next season.[/quote]

Completely agree with this. From the moment MON snubbed him at the pre-match handshake I was worried. He completely blew it. That said, I had no doubt he''ll have learned from that and that he''d never let a similar situation get to him again.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]...but can now.

He was seated all of the first half and made half hearted attempts to change things in second half. I was mystified by it, but now he''s gone I can say that I thought he absolutely blew it that night, bottled it completely. Be interesting to see Sunderland/Villa next season.[/quote]

Utter rubbish.

Is MO''N really THAT good? Sunderland did well first of all under his stewardship but finished 1 place and 2 points behind Norwich. That begs the next question, How good is Lambert? If he were in charge of Chelsea, Man City with an almost limit=free budget, would he perform as well as Jose etc? I guess no one knows that, not even he.

It was a poor performance.. But any suggestion that on any level PL wanted to lose that game is almost as ridiculous as the person who suggested he let Blackburn win 2-0 to save his fellow Scot Kean getting fired.Utterly ridiculous.

Not quite sure why this has been bought up again, but the OP is pretty much spot on, Lambert was a shadow of his normal self in the dugout that day, usually he lives every moment of the game on the touchline, not even sure he stood up during the Sunderland game. he obviously didn''t go out to lose but something got to him that day.I hope our next manager is as passionate on the sideline as Lambert was!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]It was a poor performance.. But any suggestion that on any level PL wanted to lose that game is almost as ridiculous as the person who suggested he let Blackburn win 2-0 to save his fellow Scot Kean getting fired.Utterly ridiculous.[/quote]^^^This.