Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Chris Hughton or Alan Curbishley

Both of them have done well in the premier league and I think it may be too soon for Malky or Karl Robinson. Steve Bruce would be a huge mistake, he wastes huge amounts of money at every job he has had.

Remember that one of the reasons Charlton got rid of Curbishley was because the fans were moaning that whilst they were staying in the Prem each year, the style of foorball they were playing was dire.So Curbishley went, and that did start Charltons downfall.Not sure we would get the attack minded football and tactics we have been enjoying with him in charge, but not sure if we can find someone who will deliver that anyway.To be honest I am not impressed with any of the names being bandied about, but am sure McNally will have the right man in mind before Lambert resigned.

Alan Curbishly no contest. He''s my number 1 choice for the job.
He''s got all the credentials, plenty of experience and success at this level. He won''t cost any compensation and could really help stabilise the club at this level.
And besides, I don''t think his style of football was particularly negative. Calculated I''d say. Not as expansive as Lambert, but certainly knew how to create a solid, confident team who could certainly knock the ball about. He''s no long ball merchant. Turned West Ham around and had them playing well when he took over them. Would be perfect for this job methinks.

[quote user="Francesco Volpe"]Alan Curbishly no contest. He''s my number 1 choice for the job.

He''s got all the credentials, plenty of experience and success at this level. He won''t cost any compensation and could really help stabilise the club at this level.

And besides, I don''t think his style of football was particularly negative. Calculated I''d say. Not as expansive as Lambert, but certainly knew how to create a solid, confident team who could certainly knock the ball about. He''s no long ball merchant. Turned West Ham around and had them playing well when he took over them. Would be perfect for this job methinks.

[/quote]

Been away too long imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Been away too long imo.

[/quote]It is a fact that when managers are out of work they are cryogenically frozen.

Look at Roy Hodgson though. He was in the Finnish wilderness and had been out of the English game for years prior to joining Fulham. I think Curbishley''s ethos fits the club and he has the experience of keeping a team up.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Francesco Volpe"]Alan Curbishly no contest. He''s my number 1 choice for the job.

[/quote]

Been away too long imo.

[/quote]

Yep, been away far too long. A manager hungry for success would have taken a job long before now IMO so I''d have very serious doubts about his appointment.  

[quote user="65Vintage"]Remember that one of the reasons Charlton got rid of Curbishley was because the fans were moaning that whilst they were staying in the Prem each year, the style of foorball they were playing was dire[/quote]

Curbishley left because he rejected a new contract, had nothing to do with the style of football, and Charlton never "got rid" of him. So no, I don''t remember your completely inaccurate statement, because it never happened.

As much as I would be over the moon with Chris Hughton I keep getting this niggling feeling it''s Curbs, I know the odds say otherwise but something is telling me it''s him.........could be the Magners to be fare.