Sign in to follow this  
super canary

IF it's Hughton......

Who, player wise, might he bring with him? Anyone good enough to get in our team? Isn''t Butland at Brum? NOT Marlon King though thankya very much.

Curtis Davies? We were already being linked with him before all this crap started. Would be a good signing at the right price.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]If Cheick Tiote, Hatem Ben Arfa and Leon Best are anything to go by then he knows how to spot a good player.[/quote]

Leon Best?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Lets just be grateful if we get Hughton.   We don''t have to take half of Birmingham''s team - a championship team.  

[/quote]

Absolutely - at Norwich we only shop in League One for new players don''t we? :-)

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Lets just be grateful if we get Hughton.   We don''t have to take half of Birmingham''s team - a championship team.  

[/quote]Big Zidic could be a possible

Wonder if the curtis Davies rumour had anything to do with this, perhaps we had this in the pipeline for a while, all happened very quickly, starting to think the European manager talk was more of a smokescreen. Guess the backup plan was in place all along!

[quote]Big Zidic could be a possible[/quote]Please god no.I''ve been scouring over Hughton''s transfer record and I think it''s fair to say that it has been mixed. It''s this area, rather than tactical or motivational prowess, where I''m most worried we will go backwards from the Lambert era. Time will tell :)

[quote]Wonder if the curtis Davies rumour had anything to do with this, perhaps we had this in the pipeline for a while, all happened very quickly, starting to think the European manager talk was more of a smokescreen. Guess the backup plan was in place all along![/quote]We have never, and never will, put up a "smokescreen". This is an invention of fans desperate to form an interpretation of the club''s actions which satisfies both the literal truth and their own uninformed guesswork.

Birminghams best player by a mile last year was Chris Burke. Adrian Durham of talksport has labelled him as the championships best player. As a right winger though, I''m unsure if that would be a prime position for us or not. We do have Elliott Bennett but not much else in that position. Admittedly we have more pressing areas for reinforcement, but just passing on knowledge of burkes talents!!

[quote user="priceyrice"]Wonder if the curtis Davies rumour had anything to do with this, perhaps we had this in the pipeline for a while, all happened very quickly, starting to think the European manager talk was more of a smokescreen.

Guess the backup plan was in place all along!

[/quote]

Not sure about a smokescreen but if the Chairman is to be believed a ''plan B'' was always in place ......

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2012/05/31/tonight-and-plan-b-will-already-be-in-motion-as-the-canary-nation-wakes-up-to-a-new-dawn-minus-paul-lambert/

Alan, i would say that your response about the smokescreen is a little naive. In today''s footballing world tapping up is a very common occurrence and clubs are always trying to find ways around the rules in place in regards to player and managerial signings. It may not have occurred in our case here, but a smokescreen such as the one i suggested would be a good way of covering up the fact we may have spoken to hughton a while ago, seems pretty common knowledge he has been our back up plan for a whileFlecky, i have heard great things about him as-well, wouldn''t mind seeing another right winger coming in, especially if Crofts leaves and Smith goes out on loan again and it would be good for Bennett to have some direct position. From what i have heard, hughton like to play with out and out wingers a lot of the time, so some more support in those positions could be vital.Interesting to read Hughton''s wiki page, has had some hit and miss signings but doesn''t look like he has had much money to work with, a fair few of his signings have been canny free transfers.