Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

What type of manager is Chris Hughton?

How do his teams play?  Newcastle and Brum.....are they Sam Allardyce/Alex McLeish boring teams?  Or Lambert/Rodgers/Redknapp passing/exciting teams?And on that note, how about Chris Burke?  He''s quite good, isn''t he?  Maybe he would come with Hughton?

Controlled, confident football is how I would describe what I''ve seen of Hughton''s teams.   He seems to command respect and  if we are to have him as manager then we are imo better placed than with Lambert as he has a more confident approach.   

A controlled possession game with an emphasis on width and shifting the ball across the midfield to stretch the play. Very few diagonal long balls, passes tend to be perpendicular, vertical or out wide. Likes to play variations of 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. Has been known to adapt game plan to suit opposition, when his Newcastle team played Arsenal, they tended to keep the ball central and hit long when under pressure. Defensively solid, emphasis on discipline from the midfielders and a zonal marking system (although not from set pieces if I recall). Hughton also has several tactical videos at 

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/experts/chris-hughton, whether these videos reflect his personal views, or just general overviews I do not know.

[quote user="Lambert is God"]

Thanks a lot for the link to the tactical analysis article, Gareth. An interesting read.

[/quote]

Really useful info - cheers. I always felt he was hard done by from Newcastle.

LiG - are you planning to change your user name ?

2 articles in the Birmingham mail today Lambert wants Culverhouse and is set to bring him in, and B-city not letting Houhton leave easy and on the cheap, West brom pulled out when they mention''d the fee of £2mil+ so here we go again.

LiG  what about    Lambert is gay

Lambert is gone

Lambert is grim

Lambert is grasping

Lambert is ghastly  ?

Also, in doing some random reading about Hughton, in his coaching roles he has concentrated on defence, the more you know about him, the more his face really fits

He used to write a column for a Workers'' Revolutionary Party publication (according to Wikipedia), so he''s likely to be less mercenary than Lambert.