Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

Where will Bentley be next season?

Just something I have been thinking about. Presuming we go down I cant see him being at Carrow Road( unfortunatley).

So what are his / Wengers options- stick him in the reserves at Arsenal and see if he breaks through - possible.

Loan him out to a Premiership team again and hope he has more luck with injurys.

Sell him on. Possible, but the problem with this is we haven''t seen the full potential of Bentley yet and will Arsenal get the price they want.

I get the feeling when we are as good as down and with no pressure we are going to see the best of David Bentley so he can show the world what he can do. Possibly this is not in our best interests.

Just wondered if anyone had heard anything or thinks differently?

I think Bents will go back and then get loaned out again to a smaller Prem club (ie one that has just been promoted) He obviously hasn''t done enough to break into the gooners first team.  Although I''d love to see him here next season, I can''t see it.  At the moment I think Bentley''s ego is too large to play at clubs Rotherham, Plymouth etc.  I think it''s going to take a few years of reserve football and loans for him to finally get another club

[quote]Just something I have been thinking about. Presuming we go down I cant see him being at Carrow Road( unfortunatley). So what are his / Wengers options- stick him in the reserves at Arsenal and see if...[/quote]

The further away from us he goes, the better!.

Why is that then wizard?

He has the best control, touch and passing ability at the club. And doesnt mind shooting, we need more of that.

I can put up with a little bit of arrogance for all those qualities.

Most likely Arsenal reserves. Cant see a premiership team taking him on really. West Ham on loan looks a sound bet??

I''d like him back here, on loan or permanently. Unfortunately, IMO both of those eventualities are unlikely, the loan because I think Arsenal will look at the standard of coaching here and think he could get better elsewhere. Hope I''m wrong. Shacks, Bentley and Ashton - the future.