Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Club Confirmation

Sounding more and more like pretty much a done deal.Its on SSN now too.

I''m quite excited about this. I let out a little "come on Norwich" when I saw the SSN ticker! Hughton''s presence is just what we need, he seems the sort of guy to lift the squad. When SSN cut back to stuff about Lambert I felt a sense of forward motion for the first time in weeks.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]I''m quite excited about this. I let out a little "come on Norwich" when I saw the SSN ticker! Hughton''s presence is just what we need, he seems the sort of guy to lift the squad. When SSN cut back to stuff about Lambert I felt a sense of forward motion for the first time in weeks.[/quote]I''m quite excited about it all.New man, new ideas, new transfer targets.This can only be positive.

Agree about this being positive news. Hughton is just the sort of level headed manager that we needed after the last few weeks. Think he will have a settling influence on the players. Also has good contacts in the game after his time with Spurs and Newcastle so I can see some strong signings coming our way.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Rotherham Canary"]I''m quite excited about this. I let out a little "come on Norwich" when I saw the SSN ticker! Hughton''s presence is just what we need, he seems the sort of guy to lift the squad. When SSN cut back to stuff about Lambert I felt a sense of forward motion for the first time in weeks.[/quote]

I''m quite excited about it all.

New man, new ideas, new transfer targets.

This can only be positive.
[/quote]

^ This ^

[quote user="Thingamajig"]Agree about this being positive news. Hughton is just the sort of level headed manager that we needed after the last few weeks. Think he will have a settling influence on the players. Also has good contacts in the game after his time with Spurs and Newcastle so I can see some strong signings coming our way.[/quote]Very much "the right man at the right time" for me.I think we could have found it difficult under Lambert next season, getting a new man in now could have a very positive influence on how we play next season, give the players fresh impetus and ideas.

Yeh, can feel more positive about things if  the appointment is confirmed.  

Won''t now need to watch the Villa press conference from behind the sofa with nothing throwable nearby................ 

Had to go to work, so have missed all the SSN  stuff, but felt very smug about our Club and the way it has gone about things. No sensationalist gossip/rumour from us, oh no. Just proper diligence, going about our work in a professional manner. Another housepoint for David McNally!

Hughton seems a top bloke, no big time charlie, no ego to match that either, just seems a perfect fit'' for us.

Also the timing couldn''t have been more perfect with PL''s press conference today

The only way I can see this not happening now is if there is a disagreement over whether he can bring his backroom staff with him. But surely the board knew that would be the score.

Definitely will help stave off any sort of second season syndrome. I agree with those stating we may have struggled under Lambert next season. Although we were unpredictable in formation, our rivals would''ve had an inkling of how to combat us. If Hughton is confirmed it''ll totally shake things up in a calm, calculated manner.

My number one choice – and it’s looking good!

The temperament and dignity of Chris Hughton seems perfect for our needs right now. A proper footballing man who commands respect for the right reasons. PL was the right manager at the right time – and this likely appointment has exactly the same feel to it. OTBC!