Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Should Hughton Be Appointed, Who Will Be His Assistant?

Calderwood would be the likely choice, however having mangement experience himself he may fancy a crack at getting the Brum job himself.

What are your thoughts on who it may be?

Anyone taking over from Ian Culverhouse will have their work cut out - he provided the training nous that has helped PL at several clubs.

Calderwood sounds a frictional character to me; not sure he fits the NCFC ethos?

I think Hughton is a fantastic appointment but I would rather have Culverhouse as assistant. It is probably pie in the sky but I can always wish!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Anyone taking over from Ian Culverhouse will have their work cut out - he provided the training nous that has helped PL at several clubs.

Calderwood sounds a frictional character to me; not sure he fits the NCFC ethos?

[/quote]

I don''t know how it works with Hughton''s team, but it may be Trollope, who is listed as coach, is the equivalent of Culverhouse. And if Hughton (and Trollope) are the good cops then perhaps Calderwood is needed as the bad cop!

I''m certain Culverhouse will go with PL as much as I''d love him to stay. He and Hughton were at Spurs at the same time though, so there is the slightest glimmer of hope.

My guess is that he''ll bring Calderwood etc

If Calderwood comes does that mean that Holt is more likely to go. I think they had a bust up over Holt putting in a transfer request when at Forest.

[quote user="Lambert is God"]

Think you might have something there, dj.

Wasn''t Calderwood the Forest manager who constantly played Holt on the wing and Holt got fed up (no pun intended)?

[/quote]

Just posted this on another thread, with relation to Calderwood and Holt''s bust up at Forest, from Holt''s Wiki:

Holt made a slow start to his time with Forest, scoring four times in as many months at the end of the 2005–06 campaign. In November 2006, he turned down a move to Bristol City due to personal reasons, after the two clubs had agreed a fee.[6] However, despite being on the bench for approximately half of Forest''s in the 2006–07 season, he managed to score 18 goals in all competitions to become the club''s top scorer. Forest fans recognised Holt''s performances by handing him the ''Player of the Season'' award.[7]

In the summer of 2007, Holt and Forest boss Colin Calderwood reached an "uneasy truce" after the striker had a transfer request rebuffed, when Forest refused to give him an improved contract.[8] Holt made it clear that he would be "happy to stay" with Forest for the 2007–08 campaign, while Calderwood admitted "he''s not a player we want to see leave".[8] However, Holt failed to impress by only scoring three times all season, although he played out of position as a winger for the majority of the season.

In March 2008, Holt signed on loan with Championship club, Blackpool, making his debut as a late substitute against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on 22 March.[9] He made four substitute appearances before returning to Forest in the summer of 2008, saying he would like to stay and fight for his place in Forest''s team next season, despite interest being shown from his home town club Carlisle United.[10]

On 24 June 2008, Shrewsbury Town broke their club transfer record by signing Holt for £170,000. He was revealed at a club press conference along with defender Michael Jackson.[11] Holt opened his scoring account for the Shrews on his debut, scoring from the penalty spot against Macclesfield Town, in a game the Shrews won 4–0.

[quote user="Lambert is God"]

Think you might have something there, dj.

Wasn''t Calderwood the Forest manager who constantly played Holt on the wing and Holt got fed up (no pun intended)?

[/quote]

That is worrying.

SSN just reported that Lambert met some backroom staff at Bodymoor Heath yesterday. At the moment it''s just him and once he knows what he''s got to work with, he may go back to Norwich for Culverhouse & Karsa. I''ve always felt they come as a package as much as i''d love to see Cully stay.

Maybe Lambert is just going to look after himself and dump Culverhouse!

The Brum goalkeeping coach Dave Watson has gone to Euro 2012 as No.2 to Ray Clemence so could be good news for our John Ruddy if CH brings him with him. [Y]

Calderwood played Holt on the wing for half a season!!!!? Lets hope this guy has nothing to do with tactics.

Lets hope Birmingham offer Calderwood the managers job so he stays there.

Then

In comes Culverhouse and everyone''s happy!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The Brum goalkeeping coach Dave Watson has gone to Euro 2012 as No.2 to Ray Clemence so could be good news for our John Ruddy if CH brings him with him. [Y][/quote]

Colin Tattum of the Birmingham Mail is reporting on Twitter that "Deals are more or less done for Hughton, Calderwood & Trollope. As for Watson, believed not to be part of initial job lot package."