Sign in to follow this  
nolegs

The premier is a pile of poo!

Am I the only one thinking the same?With SKY and the champions league money[not forgetting russian money]I think within two years we will finish up with a league as competitive and as interesting as the SPL ,the only question will be at the start of the season will be "whose coming second".After waiting 9 long years to get back there ,who like me me has been left with nothing but a feeling of dissapointment,where mid table obscurity is nirvana?Surely the powers that be realise that without a levelling of the playing field the product that they are selling will be devalued to such an extent that the fans will just dissapear.Or is it as I suspect ,that haves don''t give a toss and will suckle on the teats of the SKY milch cow till the profits start to drop and then bugger off,because let''s be fair the people who are running our game may be many things ,but one thing they will be never accused of is being "FANS".

To be fair, when we were promoted many of us, including myself, didn''t realise what a poor state the Premier League is in, in terms of competetive fairness. Now we have nearly a full season under our belts, we obviously know the situation and will try to build a stronger team for the future that may just scrape through to safety. That is all we will ever achieve at the moment with the Prem as it is. If the changes don''t happen soon, I can only really say that I would much rather be in the league where everyone has a chance to win and the excitment is in every game, and that my friends ain''t in the Prem.

The premiership is probably in the worst state its ever been in. For example. all three promoted sides from last year are looking likely to get relegated. Would you say this was down to Soton having more money when the needed it? Obviously we could have done a better job ourselves but it would have been more of a fight to the death perhaps

[quote]To be fair, when we were promoted many of us, including myself, didn''t realise what a poor state the Premier League is in, in terms of competetive fairness. Now we have nearly a full season under our ...[/quote]

Absolutely right Rasputin. I have to admit that at the beginning of the season I didn''t believe the Leciester fans who warned me that we won''t even be able to compete in the Premiership. I genuinely thought we''d at least have a chance of finishing mid-table! How wrong I was.

This season, I believe will see all three premoted teams relegated which is a sorry state for the Premier League and barring a major collapse of a side like Portsmouth or Fulham I don''t hold out much hope for the three teams premoted this season either, whoever they may be.

Hopefully people are beginning to redirect their anger over this season away from Worthy and the coaching staff and towards the FA and the EPL who have run a once great league into the ground. Three teams winning consistantly, a handful of mid-table obscurity sides who will never know true victory unless a foreign billionaire buys them and the same three teams pinging back and forth from the championship every year - it''s not good

I wonder if all this complaining about the premier league (a lot of which is substantiated) would actually be occuring if we were sitting in a mid table position with the dream of another season there and new signings joing in the close season etc etc etc.  Is it just a case of sour grapes because we have been so awful in it so can only look forward to the fizzy league.  I take it then then that most of our supporters will be happy to spend another 10 years in the Fizzy league cos the Premier is such a waste of time.  We may as well wind the club up if we do not hold on to our dreams of establishing ourselves there.

Exactly right NavMan.  The only reason some people are monaing about the Premiership is because we''re sitting bottom of the Premiership and have had, lets face it, a pretty c**p season.  If we were mid table, safe from relegation, playing nice football, I''m damn sure people wouldn''t mind the odd Saturday when Norwich aren''t playing or the ludicrous sky money.

We moaned about the first division until we won the damn league!  We need to put everything into percpective

IMO, the guilty party to the bland and unfairness of the ''have and have not league'', are Sky TV. They provide the ludicrous money on offer to the big teams.

The key to breaking their monopoly rests firmly with us, the consumer.

Having just cancelled my contract with them, at least my conscience is clear, is yours?.

It sickens me when I hear Doomcaster and Co, purring over the money City get from Sky, in reality its a fraction of what the big 3 teams get per season.

Is that fair?, I don''t think so!.

Then may I ask Wizard, for a man of such clear conviction, why did you sign up with Sky in the first place. Is it possible you were acting before thinking again?

have to agree with u nolegs thought you put that over very well been thinking this for some time.the competetitive side is much more in the championship nearly every game you feel like you start on a level playingfield. how will you ever compete with the top boys in the prem.think something will have to give before long i fear for chelsea man u etc 

So everybody who thinks the Premiership is crap i take it wont be moaning if we are mid-table next season , or if players like Ashton , Green , and Francis leave whats the point in having good players at the club if all you want is to survive from season to season in the Championship. What a load of rubbish the only reason people are moaning about the Premiership is because of how bad we have been this season , and not all of that can be put down to money alone . If we were still in with a realistic chance of survival nobody would be complaining at all . Next season when we fall out of the media attention, have a couple of televised matches all season and a tiny column in the newspapers each week and are playing the likes of Hartlepool and Hull you will all be longing for a return to this unfair league.

[quote]Then may I ask Wizard, for a man of such clear conviction, why did you sign up with Sky in the first place. Is it possible you were acting before thinking again?[/quote]

As your post demands a reply Yankee, here we go.

Now you know the old wiz is a bit of a ''trail blazer'' my highly respected adversary.

Sky first infected the wiz''s household from day 1 of its first tranmission!. Mainly for Mrs Wiz''s television viewing I might add.

But over time, and their regular increases of monthly charges, both her and I came to realise that it consisited of nothing but old repeats, American soap type programes for the young, MTV and sport.

Take away the odd City game on their network and what''s left?, junk!.

That junk'' costs us £45 a month!, enough said I think.

As usual you''ve forgotten the principle right of every poster: we can all review our decisions and change our minds.

Maybe one day you''ll grasp that simple fact my friend.