Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Bergkamp to Swansea !

Great players dont always make great managers. No real managerial experience either, these sort of appointments rarely seem to work out, i''d be very worried once the wow factor subsided if i was a Swansea supporter and this happened.

he has stated in the past that he has no interest in becoming a manager, saying that this entails a full time occupation and that is not his style. as relaxed outside football as he was as a player. if he keeps to his principals it would seem unlikely he would take this post unless he wants practice before replacing wenger at arsenal.

Not sure what I''d make of such a link to us - great player, but no management experience and only one year as assistant to de Boer (a link to him I would be more impressed by!).

I believe that he had an aversion to flying. If so, he would have a lot of long motor journeys from Swansea! His nearest club might even be A**on V*lla!

Swansea seem to be obsessed with finding a manager who fits their image of passing football rather than finding the best man for the job. If you ask me thats a risky strategy.