Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Grant doesn't want 3 years!!!

Lots of people are saying Holt deserves his three years. I also said it myself and I stand by that however.....as things play out it becomes obvious that he is playing a game here. If he really wanted to stay he would sign. What has happened (in my opinion) is that Lambert has told him he is interested in his moving to Villa. But knowing that NCFC are likely to a) say no and b) ask for lots of cash, Holt has deliberately thrown his toys out of the pram. This will make the club more likely to accept, say, £5m and not hold out for more. Just my guess of course but I really do think, having watched Lambert''s body language at his press conference, that the two of them are thick as thieves in all of this. Shame because we cannot hope to replace him with a 15goal striker  but there you go...

If they gave us £5 million for him, I would quite happily go out and spend that money on Rhodes (plus any extra money Hudds want on top). Morison and Rhodes together up front. I like it...

[quote user="Jacko"]

If they gave us £5 million for him, I would quite happily go out and spend that money on Rhodes (plus any extra money Hudds want on top). Morison and Rhodes together up front. I like it...

[/quote]

Well said. Curtis Davies and Ryan Bennett at the back as well all on money from Holt

I think DC''s boots is right.

Lambert has been a bit too snidey for my liking.

I think he will try to raid our players.

Don''t get me wrong I admire him for what he has done for us. I don''t like the way he left.

I''m not fussed what happens with Holt anymore. Dragged on for too long, agent doing his best for an Oscar on the Radio...

Poor timing and what not, done a hell of a lot for us but what happens, happens!

I entirely agree with DC Boots. but at the same time I still think that Holt is replaceable if he goes. The Club is bigger than Grant Holt.

The club are playing safe because if Grant Holt got injured then we would potentially have bigger wages over a longer period of time to pay them. Also we could get relegated and that would in effect be a big overhead if we were to improve or extend his contract. and have to honour this within the championship.Grant Holt can be replaced. Why think of strikers? I believe his ethos and figure head status just needs to be replicated within the team in any position.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]I''m not fussed what happens with Holt anymore. Dragged on for too long, agent doing his best for an Oscar on the Radio... Poor timing and what not, done a hell of a lot for us but what happens, happens![/quote]                                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EXACTLY RIGHT. Lambert and holt had this sussed between them Lambert knew he was going at least a month ago its not a desicion he would take lightly, Hes probably had it worked out with Holt. Its the only way it makes sense why holts so desperate to leave. At the first oppertunity he could his agent said theres to much water under the bridge. It will be painful nto see Holt kissing the villa badge next season i just hope Morison and Vaughn and jackson step up to the plate and show Lambert what he turned his back on. OTBC

You can tell from PL’s body language that he is a tad uncomfortable – especially when quizzed about his potential interest in Holt. My reading of the situation (despite denials by all and sundry) is they are firmly in this together. Villa need a replacement for low-scoring Heskey – and high-scoring Holt would fit the bill rather nicely.