Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Norwich Need a Left Back

Probably our very weakest position throughout the squad but who would you suggest for us to fill the cracks ?

LOL, well, im guessing ol Kyle Naughton is on his way to Villa :-/whats Tierney''s fitness like at the moment ? Drury cant have a full season left in the tank and will at best be a cameo.Lappin not good enough for a full season. Korey can cover but again, young :-/TBH, I think our whole defence needs serious work.Beano II and Rus Martin are about the only two I would seriously have faith in playing a major part this year.Barnet and Ward have to move on, not good enough :-/

Depends on whether Tierney overcomes this injury. If he does then I am extremely satisified with our options there because he was outstanding up until December and I thought a frontunner for player of the year. If not then it is an area which needs to be addressed very urgently.

Sebastian Boenisch from Werder Bremen is a top player and on a free, but is looking likely to sign for Stuttgart :(

I forgot sicknote Ayala, quality player but as the others, hes not very dependable and will not complete the year without another injury Im sure :(

[quote user="Jacko"]

Depends on whether Tierney overcomes this injury. If he does then I am extremely satisified with our options there because he was outstanding up until December and I thought a frontunner for player of the year. If not then it is an area which needs to be addressed very urgently.

[/quote] I love Tierney and his runs down the wing and balls in the box i hope hes fit next season. Also i think hes one of the players Lambert would definitly come back for him. Would be intresting to see if he does another ''''I wouldnt go to Villa'''' speech. If he does then hes off there lol

Surely the right back position is the weakest in the squad? Left back - Tierney looked pretty good (if not very good at times) when fit, and Drury certainly didn''t let himself down when covering. Neither did Lappin in the one or two games he played there. OK, it''s not exactly top 7-quality, but compare that to right back where we''ve got Russ Martin and that''s it. And even Martin looked pretty poor when he played at right back last season - looked much more comfortable in the middle, and cost us silly goals fairly regularly when at right back.

And if Holt goes, up front we''re left with Morison (who I like) but then Jackson who works hard but can''t score, and Vaughan who might just play 10 minutes sometime after christmas if we''re lucky! For me, right back and a forward are priorities, then a centre half, a left back and a central midfielder.

Couldn''t agree more Aggy. I think we need 5 or 6 signings to stay competitive this year. Big summer ahead. Which is why we need the new man (hopefully Hughton) in early.

not sure if we will see Tierney again, and with rumour about Drury hanging his boots up for a coaching role perhaps we could see 2 new faces coming in

Felix Bastians anyone ?

Young decent German left back

He mae a January move this season to Hertha Berlin who were relegated

might want to move as a result also has experience in england from time with Forrest

Maybe if Hughton becomes manager, he can bring the Brum left back, David Murphy I think his name is.  Not a bad player

Spurs'' own Danny Rose possibly ?

He has expressed his desire to leave them

Hughton might persuade him

Murphy from Birmingham is not bad, Bastians from Hertha is a good player, but Hertha tend to hang on to their players when relegated, some genuinely class players stuck around when they went down last time. Similar scenes with Podolski staying with Cologne when they went down

Tierney, I love the guy and his delivery into the box at the end of the Championship season were pure class, the only issue I have with him is when he came against serious pace he got found out a bit, one game that springs to mind is the Arsenal home match.

Full back is my biggest worry for next season, need both strengthening as I see Martin a lot stronger in the centre

There are a very good crop of defenders coming through at the moment.

Right-back Nathaniel Clyne, who looks set for a summer move to the Premiership.

Kieran Trippier at Burnley

Jack Hunt from Huddersfield.

In the middle Jack Hobbs at Hull or Rhys Williams of Boro (although he signed a new contract this year)

Left back Joe Bennett at Boro could be an option or Andrew Taylor at Cardiff.

[quote user="Renskay"]Spurs'' own Danny Rose possibly ?

He has expressed his desire to leave them

Hughton might persuade him[/quote]

Would definitely take Rose

I like the sound of this Joe Bennett!

Then our defence could be J.Bennett, Barnet, R.Bennett and E. Bennett (can play RB)

A comentators worst nightmare!

[quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]