Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

NOTHING. Re. Culverhouse.

Interesting but of revisionism going on from our Vanilla fan - my CEO is a fan of theirs and he said they were certain Solskjaer would join, was their main man, and were creaming themselves at the prospect.

It is odd, we keep being told what a massive club Villa is, so I am rather surprised their short list was so low on Relevant experience, Solskjaer: none, Martinez: always skirting relegation: PL has one season in the PL, no experience of managing ''big'' players, or in Europe, or spending ''big''.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Perhaps Calderwood will become manager of Brum and Culverhouse will stay at Norwich?
[/quote]

Perfick.

I am concerned that some of our assumed targets, such as Naughton, Snodgrass and Pacheco/Lansbury will now slip from our radar and possibly end up at Villa Park.  Apart from the obvious reasons for wanting IC to remain at Carrow Road, that is.

That may be true. Equally, though, there will be players, whom Hughton has bought, or had on loan, who may become new targets for us. He''s years of experience and good links with Spurs and NUFC. I''m quite looking forward to getting beyond the Pacheco/Lansbury axis.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Interesting but of revisionism going on from our Vanilla fan - my CEO is a fan of theirs and he said they were certain Solskjaer would join, was their main man, and were creaming themselves at the prospect.

It is odd, we keep being told what a massive club Villa is, so I am rather surprised their short list was so low on Relevant experience, Solskjaer: none, Martinez: always skirting relegation: PL has one season in the PL, no experience of managing ''big'' players, or in Europe, or spending ''big''.[/quote]

I think his argument is heavily flawed for a number of reasons. Firstly. A slightly novel idea. But surely if Lambert is the man who is foremost in your mind initially. You interview him FIRST! And if Solksjaer wasnt the first choice and they were interviewing other candidates. Surely this would have been done almost simultaneously. Or at least one after another. If Lambert was the first choice why was there a delay for nearly a fortnight before anything happened? Norwich being difficult can''t be used as an excuse either because they only got in contact with us last week. Surely if he was in their minds he would have been sounded out earlier? They werent expecting Solksjaer to do such a big U turn and needed to then sound out his replacement. Hence the major time delay. Solskjaer has never said anywhere that he wasn''t asked back. His official reason for "family reasons." I have followed football long enough to know other factors may be at play but the Villa fan is just making things up to suit his argument.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I am concerned that some of our assumed targets, such as Naughton, Snodgrass and Pacheco/Lansbury will now slip from our radar and possibly end up at Villa Park.  Apart from the obvious reasons for wanting IC to remain at Carrow Road, that is.

[/quote]I can see him going after Naughton, but I would have thought his biggest priority would be some bite or physical presence in the middle of the park.

[quote user="AJ"]

And Villa supporters don''t care who or what happens at Norwich obviously[/quote]That wasn''t the case when you were crapping yourselves at the bottom of the league a month ago was it?[:D]

Colin Calderwood left Hughton at Newcastle to join Hibbs so I wouldn''t be 100% sure that Calderwood will be joining Norwich. Calderwood might be offered the Brum job.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

I got the feeling it was a bit of last chance saloon stuff, PL looked as everyone has said a bit on the none committle side but I think he was being his normal self and playing cards close to his chest, but he has never said anywhere he has managed that he will be here for the long haul, and I can Honestly see him being out of a job come Christmas, for one reason or another he will walk or they will sack him, No I do not want that to happen to him but I get the feeling thats all, And perhaps he realises his mistake, Also if he left as he said private reasons I think that might be the bust up in the board room, And Go away  may be the answere he gets if he comes calling for our players, worrying factor is he will know any release clause figures if any at all.

[/quote]I see a lot of parallel''s with Mike Walker leaving. Talented manager given money to turn round under-performing club, who were under-performing because they had too many cr@p players. I think it''s going to be interesting to see how he gets on. At Norwich he''d built up so much goodwill that it didn''t matter if Zak Whitbread was constantly injured for the first 12 months, or Simeon Jackson took 2/3 of the season to settle. Or that he put reserve teams out for cup matches (well except Leicester) We trusted his judgement in all the signings they made.He needs some luck really. His media skills aren''t great, the fans seem to have very high expectations of what he''s going to deliver. It''ll be interesting to see if motivating £50,000 a week footballers is any different to motivating £50,000 a year ones.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Perhaps Calderwood will become manager of Brum and Culverhouse will stay at Norwich?

[/quote]

That would be a fantastic combination and I would prefer Cully over Calderwood. It would also be sticking a massive two fingers up at Lambert which is an added bonus.

It may just be that Lambert is not going to team up with Cully again - Alan Thompson just given the push by Celtic is a very good friend of Lambert, played and coached together before. Culverhouse has worked with Hughton at Spurs, and also played with him there, as he did Calderwood.

It may just be we end up with all three, and Karsa disappears to Villa!

Hughton will definitely bring his own staff with him. Whether that leaves a position for Cully or Karsa is a different matter though, McNally might suggest to Hughton they might be worth keeping on. We shall see

[quote user="porkyp"]It may just be that Lambert is not going to team up with Cully again - Alan Thompson just given the push by Celtic is a very good friend of Lambert, played and coached together before. Culverhouse has worked with Hughton at Spurs, and also played with him there, as he did Calderwood.

It may just be we end up with all three, and Karsa disappears to Villa![/quote]Yeah, but... apparently Culverhouse and Karsa have been around Carrow Road and said goodbye to the staff and Thompson was sacked for "personal reasons" related to alcohol (both according to posters on here so take with a pinch of salt).

I only hope Villa aren''t pulling a fast one on this. They know any new manager will likely want his own team when negotiating a contract (i.e. Hughton). So Culverhouse and Karsa are left with us and Hughton asking for his own team otherwise he wont join. So Villa know that we will either not get our managerial target or be forced to terminate the contracts of Karsa and Culverhouse leaving them to pick them up compensation free...

All very conspiracy like and long winded but you never know. I was expecting it to be a matter of course that the two of them would follow Lambert so there may be something in it. The ideal scenario is that Hughton has said he''d love to work with Culverhouse and vice versa. There''s no doubting he''s a great coach.

I would imagine that the talks going on at the moment include the services of Cully and Karsa to AV.

I cant imagine they will agree £ for Lambo then start this all again in a weeks time, especially if there is to be talks over Holt as well....which having just seen the interview with Lambo on SSN to me was lambert talk for I will be trying to sign Holt in the next few weeks.

Time for new hero''s and all that........

I''m expecting that Culverhouse will definitely end up at Villa. However I''d like to think he was much less willing to screw us over than Lambert and will therefore go only when compensation is agreed fairly. I don''t know what kind of contracts him and Karsa are/were on but I seem to remember them getting improved deals along with Lambert? Even if we don''t get any compensation for Lambert perhaps we can use negotiations for Cully and Karsa to set a transfer embargo on Villa?

Regarding Lambert''s reaction when Holt was mentioned. How uncomfortable did the bloke look! Absolutely incredible. Listening to his wording I am now concerned he''ll be back for some of our players. To quote; "I had a good chat with Paul and the chairman about it, and there are lads i''d like to bring to the football club." For me it''s key that he mirrors the ''bring'' after the reporter uses ''bring'' in relation to Holt. It''s almost as if he''s subconscious is revealing he feels he has left something behind that he needs. That being players! Of course there is the danger of over analysing but hey, just my interpretation.

[quote user="Dodds"]Isn''t Cullverhouse'' contract up on 30th June?[/quote]

Its rolling. So technically it doesnt actually expire unless one side wishes to terminate it or both parties agree to bring the deal to an end early.

[quote user="Dodds"]Isn''t Cullverhouse'' contract up on 30th June?[/quote]I think Culverhouse and Karsa were both on the same rolling contract as Lambert.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]They signed that in May last year, so technically the new one has started now I believe?[/quote]

They are all on 12 month rolling deals I think. So what this means is that the contracts will always have 12 months to run on them. Effectively the contract cannot expire. So you either have to give 12 months wages in severence or 12 months wages in compensation should Villa come for them both.

Wonder where Gordan Cowans fits in, hes the first team coach at Villa at present, maybe he''ll stay and they wont need Culverhouse?

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]They signed that in May last year, so technically the new one has started now I believe?[/quote]

Doesn''t work like that I don''t think.  Their contract always has a year on it.  It doesn''t reduce to 1 day then get renewed.

[quote user="cityangel"]Wonder where Gordan Cowans fits in, hes the first team coach at Villa at present, maybe he''ll stay and they wont need Culverhouse?[/quote]

I don''t think anyone nose yet?[:^)]

[IMG]http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/mar2009/6/7/image-11-for-football-heroes-to-be-honoured-on-birmingham-walk-of-stars-gallery-579218112.jpg[/IMG]