Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

NOTHING. Re. Culverhouse.

He wasn''t Villa''s first choice.Won''t be drawn on reasons why he quit Norwich.

Worrying body language from Lambert when questioned about Holt. Would love to hear and body language experts opinion on it.

Looked shifty and nearly lost for words when Holty came up.

Looked mighty uncomfortable to me! I really hope he realises he''s made a terrible decision, and fails on a sinking ship

Short press conference.Very bland and non committal about anything really.Still things going on behind the scenes methinks.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Shouldn''t we be working ? [:)][/quote]No.[:)]

Seems like there was a bust up between Lambert and McNally from that doesn''t it.Nothing very too insightful with that and no mention of his backroom team

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Worrying body language from Lambert when questioned about Holt. Would love to hear and body language experts opinion on it.

Looked shifty and nearly lost for words when Holty came up.[/quote]Not so worried myself...He could easily have not thought about it, and therefore was lost for words. If he had been thinking seriously about buying Holt, surely he would have thought about what he was gonna say, and then play it down?Either that, or he''s going for the old double-bluff. [;)]

Any one else think he looked disheartened? Uncomfortable and seemed to dwell on answers when asked about norwich. Didnt seem like he felt very confident. His reply on holt seemed to ring a bell that he might be back in for some of our boys....

well, he can try sign some of our players, and McNally can tell him to eff off!

Was surprisingly not that angry at seeing Lambert as AVFC manager watching that. It was surprisingly dull, he didn''t want to bad mouth Norwich (despite the terrible way he left). The only thing that surprises me is that they are aiming to challenge the top half of the table, nothing I cannot see us doing. Also no word on Cully/Karsa, but I know that Cully only started with Lambert at Colchester, so he may not be as loyal to Lambert as some people think.

Leaves more questions than answers.

He said he had his reasons for leaving.  Which will probably always remain private?

Not drawn on Culverhouse and stated that he would see what Villa had (assuming he meant in terms of coaches and possible assistant)?  Seems a bit strange when Culverhouse was a massive part of what was achieved at Norwich.  A falling out, or Lambert having little choice in the matter?

Holt, mentioned the twitter ''incident''.  Didn''t really expand much on Holt, but he then immediately followed it by saying he knew some players he wanted to bring in?  The players he knows most about now are Norwich players, is this what he meant or just targets in general?  Whitbread? 

I really can''t see that we would rush to sell anyone and certainly not to Villa and certainly not to peanuts.  I think Lambert is in for a shock if he thinks he can cherry pick our players.

Not one journo asked the question about compensation.

[quote user=".takecare."]Any one else think he looked disheartened? Uncomfortable and seemed to dwell on answers when asked about norwich. Didnt seem like he felt very confident. His reply on holt seemed to ring a bell that he might be back in for some of our boys....[/quote]

Yeah I thought the same, I would have expected him to appear enthusiastic about his new job at Villa but if anything he seemed more emotive when reflecting on his time with us; that may be our bias though? He seemed to swerve the question on Cully which may hint at good news down our end, but I also got the impression that a few of our players are in his plans. I may be far from the truth though. We shall see.

Look forward to hearing what Paddy can muster out of him!

Had to chuckle when asked about whether they will be buying players of just paying wages and the chief exec just said we will be bringing in some players to help these lads out.

Thats a lamboism if ever I heard one.

Dont trust him in the slightest he will be back for Holt and Culverhouse given half a chance....sneaky scottish tw@t

"The only thing that surprises me is that they are aiming to challenge the top of the table, nothing I cannot see us doing."

Therein lies the problem I believe. It was said that our aim next season was to stay up, and PL said that didn''t match his ambition.

Culverhouse and Karsa joining AVAILABLE would incur some form of compensation which I guess would come out of their transfer budget. Perhaps they or PL aren''t willing to sacrifice that. Also you would guess that the current coaching set up may be entitled to a pay off if they were moved on.

I agree with the comments that in general it all seemed downbeat and Lambert looked uncomfortable and not particularly excited or enthusiastic, but did he ever with us?  I can''t remember Lambert''s first press conference as Norwich manager.

I also got the distinct impression from the comments that Villa certainly do not have mega money to spend.

Speaking probably from a baised viewpoint whilst also bearing in mind Lambert''s usual demeanour. If it were a film you could imagine that it all seemed a bit staged, Lambert not totally happy or convinced but had agreed to go along with it, but for what reason?