Sign in to follow this  
jackryan007

Jonny Howson - The Real Deal

Unfortunatley I can not get to every game - I would be interested in your thoughts on Jonny Howson?

I have seen his games on Sky plus the highlights shows and to me he looks like a fantastic player, work rate is great, good on the ball and gets forward to create chances for the forward line.

Can he be a premier league star this season and is could he be the captain for 2012/13?

Be really interested in the opinion of those who have seen him since he signed in the January transfer window?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I reckon Lambert would fall over himself to get him in a Villa shirt.[/quote]

I think if Vile come knocking our door we should tell them no players are going fo less than £29 mil. see how much they really have.

Whatever, i think Howson has already proven he is a £10 million player now. I don''t think Lambert has that kind of cash at Viler for one player.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I reckon Lambert would fall over himself to get him in a Villa shirt.[/quote]

I think if Vile come knocking our door we should tell them no players are going fo less than £29 mil. see how much they really have.

[/quote]

I agree.  I don''t think he''d be interested in many of our players.

Howson, Holt and possibly Ruddy (but would he displace Given?).  I don''t think he''d be interested in any of our defenders, Bennett probably a bit raw for a team aiming for top 6, and Pilkington well he didn''t play regularly under Lambert at Norwich.

People waiting to see where Whitbread will end up I guess.

He''s absolute quality, no doubt about it. I remember saying after, I think, the Everton game that he''ll be our Player of the Season next year.

His only real weakness is that he can get out muscled from time to time. A little bit of time in the gym and we really do have a special player on our hands.

Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.The lad has a bright future, here hopefully.

Think he will be key next season- I think Hughton is more likely to play a flat midfield four than a diamond and I believe Howson is our best player in that sort of formation.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Whatever, i think Howson has already proven he is a £10 million player now.

I don''t think Lambert has that kind of cash at Viler for one player.
[/quote]

If he keeps up what he has already showed, he could go next summer, but we''d be talking big money, certainly a record amount for us in terms of transfer fee received.  Villa couldn''t afford that, he''d end up at one of the real big clubs.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Howson, Holt and possibly Ruddy (but would he displace Given?).  I don''t think he''d be interested in any of our defenders, Bennett probably a bit raw for a team aiming for top 6, and Pilkington well he didn''t play regularly under Lambert at Norwich.

[/quote]

I agree Ruddy would not replace Given but you feel Holt would replace Bent ? lol

Right, I am not know for my contro views but is it me or did our poor performances ( with the exception of Chelsea, Man U, Spurs and Arsenal) from December onwards (after beating Newcastle) correspond with Howson coming in?

For me we played better and more attacking football prior to him arriving with a more solidly performing set in midfield.

Howson came in and Foxy didn''t feature like he did early doors spraying the ball out from defence and acting as the conduit going forward and dropping back.

Don''t get me wrong he is quality but I think he is a long way off from being the star a lot think he is. IMO.

The Wes

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree Ruddy would not replace Given but you feel Holt would replace Bent ? lol

[/quote]

ROFL, where did I say he would?[:^)]

Bent and Holt are completely different types of player for starters......

[quote user="morty"]Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.The lad has a bright future, here hopefully.[/quote]But we played in the Green kit when he made his debut ;-)

[quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"][quote user="morty"]Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.The lad has a bright future, here hopefully.[/quote]But we played in the Green kit when he made his debut ;-)

[/quote]Maybe I didn''t go to that game?;-)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"][quote user="morty"]Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.

The lad has a bright future, here hopefully.
[/quote]

But we played in the Green kit when he made his debut ;-)

[/quote]

Maybe I didn''t go to that game?

;-)
[/quote]

Well that''s hardly surprising!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"][quote user="morty"]Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.The lad has a bright future, here hopefully.[/quote]But we played in the Green kit when he made his debut ;-)

[/quote]Maybe I didn''t go to that game?;-)[/quote]

[/quote]Eh?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"][quote user="morty"]Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.

[/quote]

[/quote]

;-)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Eh?
[/quote]

Truth hurt does it?

Fairweather fans, sitting watching streams, when they can be bothered.  Should be flippin banned![:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"][quote user="morty"]Loved him from the first time he kicked a ball in Yellow.The lad has a bright future, here hopefully.[/quote]But we played in the Green kit when he made his debut ;-)

[/quote]Maybe I didn''t go to that game?;-)[/quote]

[/quote]Eh?[/quote]

Truth hurt does it?

Fairweather fans, sitting watching streams, when they can be bothered.  Should be flippin banned![:@]

[/quote]Ah right.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

;-)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Eh?
[/quote]

Truth hurt does it?

[/quote]

Ah right.
[/quote]

I see you get it now.!

I trust you still love me Mortimer.

I believe that we have in McNally a guy who if nothing else knows the worth of the clubs assets. Howson stock can only rise. Young, cultured, gifted no need to sell now I think his value can soar next season. We expect Norwich to revert to type and implode. I think/hope that in McNally we have somebody who knows the value of a player and or our league status. He will strive to ensure our Premiership survival and that won''t happen by selling your best players who are on decent length contracts.