Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Chris Hughton

Not sure Hughton is the right man for us!

How about Di Canio, working wonders with Swindon.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]What makes you say Di Canio would be right for us but Hughton wouldn''t Indy?

Please not Di Canio - I''d rather not have a Neo Nazi managing the club.I reckon Kenny Jackett would be a good shout.

Slightly OT, but I just found this from after Roeder sacking....... [:O]Bryan Gunn will take charge of the team for the Barnsley game, but is a temporary appointment. Still 20/1 doesn’t seem like a bad price, does it?Damn.......

[quote user="CamelFish"]Now 1/2 with the bookies, was generally 14/1 to 20/1 only 30 minutes ago[/quote]That just means someone put a tenner on it or something! :)

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]I am damn sure that Hughton is not the right man. Even Delia would have more common sense than to plump for him (possibly).Di Canio is a good shout and so was Eddie Howe who somebody mentioned elsewhere on here already.I would also put Martinez, Brian McDermott, Poyet, Nigel Adkins, Di Matteo (if Chelsea don''t appoint him), or even Ian Holloway higher in the pecking order than Hughton for sure.We then have Culverhouse if he does not want to go with his gaffer and Malky who I would take over Hughton too.I might also be tempted to look at one or two other bright prospects, such as Gary Smith (Stevenage) too.Maybe look at taking Neil Lennon from Celtic perhaps? McNally could use his contacts again to tap him up if needs be.

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

I am damn sure that Hughton is not the right man. Even Delia would have more common sense than to plump for him (possibly).

Di Canio is a good shout and so was Eddie Howe who somebody mentioned elsewhere on here already.

I would also put Martinez, Brian McDermott, Poyet, Nigel Adkins, Di Matteo (if Chelsea don''t appoint him), or even Ian Holloway higher in the pecking order than Hughton for sure.

We then have Culverhouse if he does not want to go with his gaffer and Malky who I would take over Hughton too.

I might also be tempted to look at one or two other bright prospects, such as Gary Smith (Stevenage) too.

Maybe look at taking Neil Lennon from Celtic perhaps? McNally could use his contacts again to tap him up if needs be.
[/quote] Ithink we need a former premiership manager i dont want to risk going down and struggling to get back up

Why should Chris Hughton want to leave Birmingham City for us? Not being ''little ''ol'' but it would be a sideways step for him at the most, and he has hardly been there five minutes.

Premiership? Maybe, but I fancy Brum''s chances next season in any case and PL would be a hard act to follow.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Lammy - just been talking to another Bury yella who suggested Neil Lennon. I think that''s a great shout![/quote]I guess that is who I would put my money on at this early stage.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Why should Chris Hughton want to leave Birmingham City for us? Not being ''little ''ol'' but it would be a sideways step for him at the most, and he has hardly been there five minutes.

Premiership? Maybe, but I fancy Brum''s chances next season in any case and PL would be a hard act to follow.

[/quote]

Dont Brum still have a LOT of finacial problems which could make it difficult for a promotion push?, i think they have a shout but also think the pull of a premiership club may be enough. The gap between villa and norwich isnt huge either but that may not have stopped lambert taking the step. I wouldnt mind Hughton or Malky personally, why are some so dead against?, as for Di Canio, no thank you, the guy is a loose cannon who controls his playes through fear much like Roeder did.

[/quote]
Hughton is concerned that his Birmingham squad is going to be decimated to help the club financially, relegation may be likely if that''s the case he may want a more ''secure'' job. 

[/quote]Why would we want him anyway?Let''s take a look at his career to date. Won the Championship for Newcastle - wow I am sure that most of the posters on here could have had a good go at doing that with the resources Newcastle had at their disposal in the Championship. Then sacked, all be it quite unfairly at the time by the Geordies, just a few months in to their Premier League campaign. Then to his time at Birmingham - where I would class anything other than promotion as failure for them last season, as I am sure most of the other bluenoses would. The pressure should be squarely on Hughton to keep his job at Birmingham next season rather than a Premier League team taking what would be a massive gamble on him. Birmingham City never looked like genunine promotion candidates for one minute last season in what was their clubs worst season for the best part of 25 years.

[quote user="Lammy"]Where did 25 years come from? Make that 10+ years.
[/quote]

In response to your question on that thread that got pulled, there may be an outside company involved with the technical side of Archant''s website but that is irrelevant. The website is published by Archant; that makes Archant legally responsible for the content.