Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "who do we want as manager" thread

Shot myself in the foot? How so?Please do explain, as all I claimed was that various people were aware of our interest in Lambert and wanted him to be NCFC before the newspapers got wind of it - certainly way before the news was confirmed by club officials at Carrow Road!Now do you have a jealousy complex because you are out of the loop and way off beam again by the looks of it?

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]

How about Craig Levein (Scotland Manager) as a possible for us, I haven''t heard his name mentioned but he could fit the bill (apart from his lack of charisma)?

Young, something to prove, knows the worldwide game and players and has managed in the English league with Leicester.[/quote]

Nope! suppose the problems going to be getting someone of quality to work within our budget like your AVB or Benitez would want too high wages and want too much to spend, however it was in one of the papers today that Lambert would get 20mil to spend at Villa we must have had a similar budget?

Think no one is mentioning O''Neil because its quite unrealistic, he is currently at a ''bigger'' club who i am sure have more money to spend and have a chance of getting European football next season with him at the helm

[quote user="Lammy"]Shot myself in the foot? How so?Please do explain, as all I claimed was that various people were aware of our interest in Lambert and wanted him to be NCFC before the newspapers got wind of it - certainly way before the news was confirmed by club officials at Carrow Road!Now do you have a jealousy complex because you are out of the loop and way off beam again by the looks of it?[/quote]Lol if you think you are fooling anyone here, then you really are a lot sillier than I realised.

Holloway, Hughton, Bruce, Robinson, Curbishley, Culverhouse...I''m sure they''d all do well...what about Billy Davies...he worked wonders at Forest and only left because of a misunderstanding with the board. SUre last time in the prem with Derby he didnt do that well, but they didnt give him much time and he didn''t really have avery good squad...just an option...for me it has to be Curbishley or Hughton

Going to throw his name into the mix. Currently in charge of Borussia Monchengladbach (where last year he took them from favourites for relegation to 4th).

Has had success at all his clubs, highlighted by his record as follows...

Zurich FC - 55.45 win percentage

Hertha Berlin - 42.55 win percentage

Borussia Monchengladbach - 52.83 win percentage!!! - incredible for a normally struggling team.

Paul Lambertat Norwich - 49.30 win percentage

Bit of a gamble and probably unlikely, but why not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Favre

BlahBlahBlah mentioned him earlier on another thread - he''s had an excellent season in Germany and a good manager. He''s currently looking forward to playing in the Champions League next season so can''t see him seeing a switch to Norwich desirable right now.

This is why we shouldn''t have 4389 different threads on managerial options.AFAIK I was the first to suggest him, and I''ve done so in about 3 different threads already.Would be an excellent signing IMHO, but may to too hard to prise him away from his current club.Dutt on the other hand would need no prising after Leverkeusen released him...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lammy"]Shot myself in the foot? How so?

Please do explain, as all I claimed was that various people were aware of our interest in Lambert and wanted him to be NCFC before the newspapers got wind of it - certainly way before the news was confirmed by club officials at Carrow Road!

Now do you have a jealousy complex because you are out of the loop and way off beam again by the looks of it?
[/quote]

Lol if you think you are fooling anyone here, then you really are a lot sillier than I realised.
[/quote]

What still????

LOL

The thread was after McNally''s statement and was a case of deducing who he was talking about and not a suggestion as to who we should get. Gypsy Rose Steve has got nothin'' on our lammy[;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]This is why we shouldn''t have 4389 different threads on managerial options.

AFAIK I was the first to suggest him, and I''ve done so in about 3 different threads already.

Would be an excellent signing IMHO, but may to too hard to prise him away from his current club.

Dutt on the other hand would need no prising after Leverkeusen released him...
[/quote]

I saw that! He would be an excellent appointment - shame I just can''t see Norwich going for anything that bold at the moment. I suppose there is very little margin for error right now with the club right now, a poor start could be impossible to over turn next season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He''s ready to blow...........

[/quote]Lol, you could well be right.[:D]

[quote user="Paul Hugh"]In fairness the mans always good for a laugh if nothing else.[/quote]Yes he certainly is comical. Have you ever been lucky enough to see him live?They say that that his hecklers in the audience are even funnier.

I''ll likely get crucified for saying this, but I''m not too disappointed by Lambert''s exit. Fantastic job that he did, I suspect he''d taken us about as far as his talents would allow. The second half of the season he made some questionable tactical choices (sticking with formations that were clearly ineffective; leaving Holt on the bench in favour of an out-of-form Morison etc). Taken on the last 10 games of the season, we''d have barely escaped the drop by the skin of our teeth. Not knocking anything PL''s done, but we have a new challenge now - to become a solid top-flight side which doesn''t have to worry about relegation and can eventually challenge for the European cup spots. Maybe we need a fresh approach in order to achieve that? We also need someone who casts the net wider and is more ambitious in bringing in players IMHO - Lower-league gems have worked wonderfully un until now, but not all of them can cut it in the Premiership, and we need to be looking abroad for new signings.

If he doesn''t get offered the Chelsea job, Di Matteo must surely be top of the list; Hughton would be a solid appointment but I honestly think we can do better; Poyet for me is too volatile and wouldn''t work out although would raise the profile of the club. Another name I''d like to throw in the mix is Mark Bowen - Norwich connection aside, he''s been assistant at big clubs and at international level and is well respected - I think he could do a good job for us.

Would be my choice, signed some fantastic players at Newcastle (most notably Tiote and Ben Arfa) had a 55% win record at Newcastle, beat rivals Sunderland 5-1, and got Newcastle''s first win at Arsenal in five years. He guided them to 11th before he was sacked, he was popular with the players as well.

Well the choices and opinions emanating from this forum haven''t exactly given the board a shortlist to work with.

I''m sure every name mentioned Could do a good job just as they could certainly prove disastrous. And I''m surprised at some of the vitriol shown to some names mentioned.

Whoever gets the job will if successful get lead to a few "told you so" posts and no doubt the same amount of the same expression if he is a failure.

But at least with no NCFC playing to watch after this weekend, I guess this is the main topic to get the adrenaline running.

Seems as though CanaryOne would like Paolo DiCanio! That CannaryUnn doesn''t have a clue. Nuff said! Next!