Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "who do we want as manager" thread

God no, thinks he''s the biggest thing in the footballing world, don''t want him anywhere near Norfolk please, and his gunhoe approach failed last time and don''t want to see him try it again with us. He was lucky to get promoted with Bloackpool last time rounf (stole 6th place on last day season i believe) and although he ad a good first few months in the prem, once his team was found out he couldn''t do anything to stop them freefalling, so no no no no no, one of the worse names i have seen thrown around this week, along with Mick McCarthy

No way. Yes he has done well on a tight budget but i dont think he is the man to take this great club forward to the next level.

Definately Hughton for me.

[quote user="Bondyboy"]What about (cringe, cringe)  -  John Terry as player/manager?  [:$][/quote]

Read threat title > Think "ok, lets give him a chance" > Read content > Make mental note that OP is a tool and not to waste time reading any of his future threads > Close thread.

wait is this serious or a joke? I can''t believe you signed up to post this, but i''ll answer you seriously- no, just no, it could be the start of a new naxi regime mixed with the Serbian rapists with terry at the helm

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Noooooo thank you. Hughton for me[/quote]

Hughton''s cost of release is reported at 3 million quid which will be a deterrent to us IMO.

Holloway has changed his style over the past year. Whilst hiss team still play attacking passing football, they have switched formation from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1, their control of the ball has increased and Blackpool now have the highest passing accuracy of any championship squad. He also has placed more emphasis on the defensive side of the game, whilst Blackpool are far from a defensive powerhouse they did keep a respectable 13 clean sheets, 3 more than Norwich achieved during their stint in the championship. Holloway has learned and developed as a coach over the past season, he''s not the same manager he was.

OK - bad choice. But what about the concept, anyone worth a punt as player/manager? Has a lot going for it, one salary instead of two, great motivation on the pitch, fairly easy to attract a superstar wanting to get a foot onto the managerial merry-go-round. Oh, and thanks for avoiding the four-letter words with the replies. (Thus far . . . . . )

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Please, begs, grovel etc.

Works well with a tight budget and plays our style....plus he knows young Ince.

[/quote]No, have you been sniffing glue, the bloke is embarrassing!

[quote user="Darlo dumplin"]given the McNally connection http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/mcnally.htm MON might not be quite as unlikely as it might at first appear. Just surprises me that expectations are so low that he''s never once been mentioned as far as I can see, on any thread about who people want.[/quote]O''Neill would not surprise me in the slightest.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="GiveItToVarco"]I''m happy to let Mcnally decide. None of us would have gone for Lambert 3 years ago.[/quote]Incorrect. Would you like me to prove it?[/quote]

I would.

[/quote]Yeah, me too.[:)][/quote]No need, somebody did it for me by the looks of it.I didn''t ask you though did, so maybe you could mind your own business?

How about Craig Levein (Scotland Manager) as a possible for us, I haven''t heard his name mentioned but he could fit the bill (apart from his lack of charisma)?

Young, something to prove, knows the worldwide game and players and has managed in the English league with Leicester.

[quote user="Bondyboy"]What about (cringe, cringe)  -  John Terry as player/manager?  [:$][/quote]Fella, for your first post that is truly a shocker, the bloke is a thug, a racist and has lost his ability to play football!

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="GiveItToVarco"]I''m happy to let Mcnally decide. None of us would have gone for Lambert 3 years ago.[/quote]Incorrect. Would you like me to prove it?[/quote]

I would.

[/quote]Yeah, me too.[:)][/quote]No need, somebody did it for me by the looks of it.I didn''t ask you though did, so maybe you could mind your own business?[/quote]Kinda shot yourself in the foot in a very comedy way, didn''t you lol?Anything you post on a public forum is anyones business, so tough.[:)]

Not keen on the concept of player/managers myself, see very little benefit. A traditional manager is pitchside anyway so can show as much motivation to other players as someone 5ft closer the centre circle, A traditional manager can observe more of the game, watch opposition managers and players without worrying about his own game. Players managers are often passed their best as players, a very good player in their twilight years maybe on par with Division 1&2 players but not the premiership unless messi fancies his chances I would stay well clear of player/managers personaly.