Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "who do we want as manager" thread

Loving the amount of Holloway support on here. I honestly think he would be a great fit for the club. He''s so passionate and committed, and a genuine and top guy. Also a very good manager who has to work with tight resources yet is still doing a decent job with Blackpool who should have be West Ham in 90 mins in the PO final if they''d taken their chances.

I know Lambert was awesome for us but he was a bit dull at times. I think Holloway would bring a lot of positivity to the club after what has been a very negative 2 weeks!

Failing that I would definitely take Malky. Was a fantastic leader when last at the club and it takes a lot to take a Championship team to any final where 20 prem teams are involved etc..

People I don''t want.. Bruce (seems like a nice guy but doesn''t seem to handle pressure as well as others), Curbishly (seems to have been out of the games for agess) or Lee Clark (Roeder connection!!)

culverhouse - by a country mile. dont upset the apple cart anymore than it needs to be, maybe bring in someone with a different skill set as assistantmaybe martinez might be worth a puntbut god please not bruce, mccarthy, clark, hughton and especially not curbishley

[quote user="technika"]culverhouse - by a country mile. dont upset the apple cart anymore than it needs to be, maybe bring in someone with a different skill set as assistant

maybe martinez might be worth a punt

but god please not bruce, mccarthy, clark, hughton and especially not curbishley

[/quote]

I dont think Culverhouse will still be here.  Him, Lambert and Karsa seem to be a bit of a team and coaching teams like this tend to stick together.  I''m sure Villa are trying to negotiate compensation for all three of them, which should give us a fighting fund to go after the manager McNally targets.

1. Culverhouse

2. Hughton

3. Robinson

4. Curbishley

Tim Sherwood''s odds have gone from 33-1 at the start of the betting to 5-1 now. I know it''s just people putting money on it, but yeah.

I agree, I think Culverhouse would be great but why would he risk it if he can be part of a turn around at Villa? If we got off to a poor start and he couldn''t turn it around, he might not be able to get back in with Lambert and then where would he be?

If he''d come then it would be a good shout but I seem to remember hearing he was going to one of the big clubs in Italy

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

Tim Sherwood''s odds have gone from 33-1 at the start of the betting to 5-1 now. I know it''s just people putting money on it, but yeah.

[/quote]

Those are ''rubbish'' odds.....

Holloway, Houghton, Clark or Poyet. Any of those for me would seem to be a good choice, but you never know how it is going to turn out.

My favourites would be Clark or Houghton with Culverhouse staying as assistant, if he doesn''t follow Lambert out of the club, but I have a feeling Culverhouse will team up with Lambert. Culverhouse could eventually turn out to be a good manager but it would be risky and too much too soon for him to take on now, I think. 

I too think this a good shout. Much prefer him than the usual names that come up from our supporters e.g. Malky, Curbs etc.

I know most won''t agree but i would be happy to have Neil Lennon. Big character, served under good managers. Needs to prove himself in the proper league and I think our players would react positively to him..... I''ll get my coat!

[quote user="GiveItToVarco"]I''m happy to let Mcnally decide. None of us would have gone for Lambert 3 years ago.[/quote]Incorrect. Would you like me to prove it?

3rd Fav at 5/1 where did they come up with that one from , cannot believe anybody has stuck money on him .

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="GiveItToVarco"]I''m happy to let Mcnally decide. None of us would have gone for Lambert 3 years ago.[/quote]

Incorrect.

Would you like me to prove it?
[/quote]

I would.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Boyo"]

I''m suprised at the amount of people who want Holloway but its Chris Hughton for me.

[/quote]

Holloway is vastly more experienced than Hughton. Newcastle obviously had major doubts about him to sack him so I do too.

[/quote]

So you wouldn''t want him because Newcastle had ''doubts'' about him?  Do you remember how unfair that sacking was?

Also as someone else pointed out Gus Poyet would also be a good one.

[/quote]

Hughton''s sacking was seen by most as a tad unfair, but judging by Newcastle''s success since has been justified in retrospect. The Newcastle board  thought he wasn''t cutting it at Prem level and it would appear that their judgement has been proved correct.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Lammy"][quote user="GiveItToVarco"]I''m happy to let Mcnally decide. None of us would have gone for Lambert 3 years ago.[/quote]Incorrect. Would you like me to prove it?[/quote]

I would.

[/quote]Yeah, me too.[:)]

[quote user="Lambo"]Is he still a coach with Spurs?[/quote] Assistant first team coach according to Wiki .