Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "who do we want as manager" thread

Hughton or Poyet... I wouldn''t be unhappy if we do appoint Culverhouse though either.

"lee Clark", "Karl Robinson" or "ole gunnar solskjaer" any off these I would be happy with.

What about OGS?He was Villa''s first choice after all.  Let''s be honest, why would he want to go to a cesspit of a city in the midlands when he can come to Norwich....a fine city.There would also be a nice symmetry about it.

Hughton for me, good coach had a good managerial record and seems the sort of manager who would like to stay at a club ad build giving the chance. culverhouse is a coach, he works well with lambert they compliment each other but cant cope apart. clulverhouse will be another deehan. At least we can relax a bit now, this must be the first managerial vacancy that Lambert hasnt been linked with, seems to have been linked with every other one for the last 2 years

Very similar to Lambert in many ways. He looked very impressive when they beat us 4-0 in the Carling Cup, even through it was our reserve side. At the age of 29, he is also the youngest person to ever acquire a UEFA Pro Licence

He has a win ratio of 48.18 compared to Lambert''s 49.30 without the resources or players Lambert has had.

It seems like Chelsea aren''t going to offer him the job, maybe we can give him an opportunity? We should aim high. If not then the only ex player I''d take would be Mark Robins.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Gus Poyet

if not, then

Hughton

[/quote]Either of those would be fine with me.With maybe Curbishley thrown in.

Whilst aiming high is admirable, I think this may be too high, really not sure we could afford the kind of wages he''d likely demand.

Poyet is undoubtedly a talented young manager, he''s also undoubtedly a bit of a bell end.

If Hughton gets the job he''d better not bring Marlon King with him.

To be fair it is not long ago that he was at (and sacked by) WBA, so money might not be that big an issue, but he might of course now have his sights set higher given his euro success.

My targets would be:-

1. Malky Mackay

2. Chris Hughton

3. Nigel Pearson

4. Dougie Freedman

5. Simon Grayson

[quote user="chopper hitler"]yes but that win % is playing in league 1. far too inexperienced to manage in the prem.[/quote]

Well most of Lamberts wins came in League 1 and the Championship and you could also call Brendan Rogers and Paul Lambert "far too inexperienced to manage in the prem" at the start of last season.

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

"Whats Zola up to theses days"

Buried somewhere in France, I thought.[/quote]

Hahaha, good one.

I guess a few fans won''t get this one Emile ;)

Nice at least to see most people aiming for younger more progressive managers, rather than the tried and tested crap.

Malky dear to this club as he is is NOT an option it would be another gun situation all over again! look I would hope we want to push on in this league not go backwards by appointing a manger that lets face it if he had no connection with us at all he wouldn''t even be on the radar.

rant over :) sorry

Poyet or Hughton is the 2 more realistic options for me

1. Gus Poyet2. Ian Culverhouse3. Alan Curbishley4. Karl Robinson... Can''t say that of those mentioned, that anyone else appeals to me in the slightest; a lot of these frequently mentioned names have me worried, and thankfully expect this board to have very little influence in the process of the appointment of a new manager at the club.

Agreed and on that point I''d like to see Nigel Adkins or Chris Powell amongst the front runners. Adkins would be difficult to proze away from Soton though as would McDermott at Reading.

They were talking about him on Talksport.  They were of the opinion that KR could take to our team much easier than some so called names such as Bruce.  Basically because MK Dons'' style is very similar to ours. IMO he may not be such a gamble as people think.

First choice is Martinez for me if we can throw a spanner in to his renewed talks with Wigan.Others on my shortlist would be Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet, Neil Lennon, Paulo Di Canio and Eddie Howe.Di

Matteo would go to very near the top of the list if Chelsea don''t

appoint him soon and he has no better offers on the table, although obviously we are unable to hang around too long  to find a successor if Lambert doesn''t return.We then have Culverhouse if he does not want to go with his gaffer and Malky, who I would certainly take over Clark and Curbishley (possibly over Hughton too).

Would be very happy too see him appointed for all the reasons mentioned previous. Bit off a gamble but i think worth the risk.