Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "who do we want as manager" thread

It''d certainly be a interesting appointment. Was always a leader on the pitch. Suprised he''s not ventured into outright management already.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I feel a comfy chair and popcorn moment coming on.[;)][/quote]Would that be freshly-made popcorn dear or are you cheating and opening a packet of Butterkist?I think I shall have a cup of cocoa to help me sleep.

Reportedly, Birmingham would want two million in compensation for Hughton - doesn''t that make him a somewhat unrealistic option considering Lambert is leaving through the lack of funds? I''d have no qualms about the appointment of Hughton, accept for questioning why no deal could be struck with Lambert, but my first choice would be Holloway.

[quote user="Shyster"]Reportedly, Birmingham would want two million in compensation for Hughton - doesn''t that make him a somewhat unrealistic option considering Lambert is leaving through the lack of funds? I''d have no qualms about the appointment of Hughton, accept for questioning why no deal could be struck with Lambert, but my first choice would be Holloway.[/quote]Depends if we can get Villa to stump up 2 million or not.

I''ll take whoever keeps us up next season after the turmoil of the last week or so. Hopefully whoever the board pick will do that. But personally I would like to see Robinson as i think his team plays good football with a similar ethos to our own, although I know some would see this as a disappointing choice. Poyet, Holloway, Hughton and Malky could all do a decent job, I''m a little surprised come are equating Malky to the appointment of Gunn, other than the fact they both played for us the similarity ends there. Malky has had two good seasons keeping a struggling Watford up and narrowly missing out on promotion with a Cardiff side stripped of some good players. While he wouldn''t be my first choice I''m a little surprised at the venom with which some posts are against his appointment as he has done well. Culverhouse would be a gamble in my opinion although I can see the positives if he was interested. A little surprised by the Tim Sherwood betting movements, that indicates a lot of money being put on someone no one anywhere seems to be connecting with the job and our last appointment of another teams assistant manager didn''t exactly end well.

I love holloway. He is great for the game. But I think he is the wrong man for this job and maybe the Premiership is a bridge too far for him. For me its a short list of ... Karl robinson, hughton, Clarke, poyet and throw Gary Neville in the frame. Robinson similar style of footy. Hughton probably the safest option. Done well at Newcastle and brum considering the amount of games they have played. Clarke another decent up.and coming young manager. Poyet similar in young manager. Neville displays he is tactically aware on sky tv and due to that could get the best out of this squad like Lambert did.

Been thinking about this guy since Lambertgate started to happen and i would be happy to see him here.

He inherited someone else''s team at porto and won the league with them.... Portuguese football really is a one horse race... Chelsea was too many egos and too big a club for him.... He won''t come to Norwich.... But many could see his logic if he did... His reputation was damaged....a top 8 finish and a cup win with an unfancied side raises his stock again

How about it? He''s done a great job at Swindon and his strong persona could be exactly what we need to get our players ticking again after the setback of Lambert leaving.

No... Paul Ince won that division at a canter with MK Dons then jumped to the PL with Blackburn. Look how that turned out...

He took over at Porto after they''d finished 3rd in that one horse league as Benfica and Braga both finished above them and gave it a small revoloution. ;)
That said, it''s daft to even speculate AVB, never.... EVER.... gonna happen.

I hope this is a joke. He can take his pick of sides in Portugal, for a start.

For what it''s worth, i''d have him though!

A relation of mine plays for Swindon...we don''t want him...ha. He''s a character but has a lot of fallings out with his players and is being investigated for racial abuse lets not forget :/

That''ll be his Lazio connections kicking in! Not condoning racism, but he''s always had an edge to him and it''s made him the success he has been so far in both his playing and managerial career but i do agree it could be a liability.

I think he just knows what he wants and doesn''t suffer fools gladly. It would be a bold move for ''Little ol'' Norwich'' as Di Canio is certainly one that would take no bullshit journalist calling us a small club and it would only make him more determined.

I read his autobiography and he sounds like he''d do a good job from what i read there. He simply doesn''t lie back and get walked over. He knows what he wants and usually he is right. Look at that idiot striker he had an argument with at Swindon, what has he done since? He was a waste of space and needed getting rid of, if anyones attitude to the game should be questioned, it should be his not Di Canio''s. He is similar to Bellamy in a way.

Signed a new two year contract yesterday so highly unlikely , The Sun are going with Lennon is top of our list , Charlie Wyett has been spot on so far with the Lambert story.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Hugely underestimated by our supporters at the time, but is he really who we want/need as manager? Does seem a slightly odd link.[/quote]

Not underestimated as a player, just for his Townsend-like disdain of City and the fly-tipping in our fine countryside

Our parents and grandparents generation risked their lives to defeat the fascists.I wouldn''t want to insult their memory by having one as manager of our football club.

Hes just appointed Ian Wright as his 1st team coach at MK, I wonder if he would bring him too if he was appointed.

I don''t get this.. Why would you have him?What has he got????....Can you not all remember how infuriating this man is when he talks to the press. He''s an arrogant tw@t who failed with Chelsea despite having a decent squad and some good signings. His achievements at Porto as Jas said were hardly reflective of keeping a side in the EPL.

I actually tweeted a very poor ''joke'' about O''Neill last night - how he''s realised what a dump Sunderland is and advised Lambert to join Villa in order to make space for his return to Norwich. Do it properly this time. I like the idea of O''Neill stalking around Colney in his rugby shirt, calling ''em all c@nts.

1. Culverhouse - if we can persuade him to stay we should

2. Malkay - nothing to do with him being ex player whatsoever

3. Hughton

Anyone thinking we should get Clark needs their head testing imo.