Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

The "who do we want as manager" thread

Despite a few saying no I say Malky - he is into his discipline has done way more than Lambert when he was appointed and one of the few managers that wont be hounded out the second we lose a game.

I''m suprised at the amount of people who want Holloway but its Chris Hughton for me.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Karl Robinson please, bright young manager likes to play attacking football!![/quote]

Forgot all about him good call, only problem is if he does well the world will want him next year

Categorically not someone who has never managed. So not Culverhouse even if available. Not someone who has either been round the block too many times (I wonder that about Holloway) or has been out of the game. So not Curbishley. Hughton (if available) would be a safe if not inspiring choice. POYET - smart and dynamic - would be my choice, in the unlikely event we could prise him away from Brighton and their tough, ambitious and rich chairman.

[quote user="Boyo"]

I''m suprised at the amount of people who want Holloway but its Chris Hughton for me.

[/quote]

Holloway is vastly more experienced than Hughton. Newcastle obviously had major doubts about him to sack him so I do too.

Curbishley. Proven Premier League manager with ambition. Isn''t he on good speaking terms with Delia from what i have read before?

Dougie Freedman - Young, has potential, can work well on a shoestring budget! Perfect candidate! Kept palace up last year, secured their status again this year with a cracking league cup run! Also plays football the right way which is a huge bonus! Although I am actually a fan of his, maybe we could offer them Chris Martin as part of the compensation?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Holloway is vastly more experienced than Hughton. Newcastle obviously had major doubts about him to sack him so I do too.

[/quote]

So you wouldn''t want him because Newcastle had ''doubts'' about him?  Do you remember how unfair that sacking was?

Also as someone else pointed out Gus Poyet would also be a good one.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Can we try and keep all the opinions in here please folks.I''ll start the ball rolling.Eddie Howe.[/quote]Jesus wept.