Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Ralf Rangnick

His proposed move to WBA seems to be dragging out - with news of us searching Europe for a manager I''m wondering if McNally has contacted him.Would be a worthy acquisition that''s for sure.

Can''t say I know much about him, is he worth a look, in your opinion?

He''d be a fantastic appointment. Hughton now appears to be front runner for that job now.

I''d love him to be our manager. Always seems to have an eye for a player, at Hoffenheim and at Schalke.

[quote user="morty"]Can''t say I know much about him, is he worth a look, in your opinion?[/quote]

He''s good - I worked beside him a couple of seasons back and............ [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]Seriously though, my only knowledge of him comes via a couple of people and the internet - go check him out via google, get back to me and I''ll contact McNally relaying your thoughts on him.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

He''d be a fantastic appointment. Hughton now appears to be front runner for that job now.

I''d love him to be our manager. Always seems to have an eye for a player, at Hoffenheim and at Schalke.

[/quote]

According to the Birmingham Mail today WBA have given up trying to prise Hughton away from Birimngham. It also suggests we would have a fight on our hands:

Birmingham City have been handed a huge close-season boost after West Bromwich Albion drew a line under their pursuit of Chris Hughton. The Blues boss had been on Albion’s list of potential managerial candidates since the departure of Roy Hodgson. Albion stopped short of going all out to get Hughton when overtures were made last week.

However, it is understood the Baggies made a more strident approach for the Blues boss over the weekend in the form of a formal approach..
That gesture was met with a fairly robust stance by a St Andrew’s hierarchy who are desperate to keep hold of the 53-year-old. Acting chairman Peter Pannu, Blues owner Carson Yeung’s right-hand man, has steadfastly maintained that Blues are determined to keep hold of Hughton.

The Baggies have now called off their pursuit of Hughton and are now looking elsewhere as time is pressing on and with other Premier League vacancies emerging. Ralf Rangnick, most recently the Schalke O4 coach, has had several rounds of talks with Albion.

Reports in Germany on Saturday suggested that Rangnick was the firm favourite to become Hodgson’s replacement - with some national titles even suggesting he was due to be unveiled as the new boss. The situation was muddied with counter-reports, also in Germany, claiming that he would not be taking on the role. As yet there is no clear indication whether he wants the job. 

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Can''t say I know much about him, is he worth a look, in your opinion?[/quote]

He''s good - I worked beside him a couple of seasons back and............ [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]Seriously though, my only knowledge of him comes via a couple of people and the internet - go check him out via google, get back to me and I''ll contact McNally relaying your thoughts on him.[/quote]Googled him a bit, and not really much the wiser.I don''t want him though, based purely on the fact he''s German.

what WBA attempt might be worth watching as a pointer given that Roy Hodgson left to become England manager and therefore one presumes on good terms.  He may very well have had some input into their shortlist.  It may be too that in view of his Fulham relationship with McNally that he might have given some guidance in our direction too.  For me just not sure Rangnick fits the "McNally criteria".

[quote user="Shyster"]So it looks as though WBA gave up on Hughton because of the compensation.
[/quote]

That seems to be the case, possibly exacerbated by Hughton wanting to take his coaching staff with him, and so upping the cost to WBA. He is, like Lambert, on a one-year rolling contract.

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t want him though, based purely on the fact he''s German.
[/quote]

So you''re opposed to our beloved royal family presumably?[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t want him though, based purely on the fact he''s German.[/quote]

So you''re opposed to our beloved royal family presumably?[;)]

[/quote]No, I am quite happy to have my Royals German.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Can''t say I know much about him, is he worth a look, in your opinion?[/quote]

He''s good - I worked beside him a couple of seasons back and............ [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]Seriously though, my only knowledge of him comes via a couple of people and the internet - go check him out via google, get back to me and I''ll contact McNally relaying your thoughts on him.[/quote]Googled him a bit, and not really much the wiser.I don''t want him though, based purely on the fact he''s German.[/quote]

That''s very insular of you, morty. It''s not as though he''s French.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Can''t say I know much about him, is he worth a look, in your opinion?[/quote]

He''s good - I worked beside him a couple of seasons back and............ [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]Seriously though, my only knowledge of him comes via a couple of people and the internet - go check him out via google, get back to me and I''ll contact McNally relaying your thoughts on him.[/quote]Googled him a bit, and not really much the wiser.I don''t want him though, based purely on the fact he''s German.[/quote]

That''s very insular of you, morty. It''s not as though he''s French. [/quote]Joking apart, I really can''t get excited about him, I''m not a scholar of the game in respect of the foreign leagues, and reading snippets of info on Wiki really isn''t giving me the info I need to make a really informed decision.Though purely for the comedy value on Canary call, it could be worth a shot."Whats gorn on Nialll, I have support City for 14 centuries, and I didn''t fight in 6 world wars to have some bloody German come over taking a job a British manager should have had"

morty ~ "Whats gorn on Nialll, I have support City for 14 centuries, and I

didn''t fight in 6 world wars to have some bloody German come over taking

a job a British manager should have had"

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

As a fan of both the mighty NCFC and Hannover 96 I have a lot of love for Rangnick (ex-Hannover boss), he is a master tactician and in Germany is known as "The Professor".

Has taken Schalke to the Champs League Semi-Finals, took Hoffenheim up through the German leagues (with heavy investment and several South Americans coming in)

Not sure whether he would be within our reach, but definitely ticks a lot of boxes. Also speaks fluent English

His tactics can be a little more direct and very counter attacking, exciting to watch but don''t expect the ball to be passed around the back 4

[quote user="JC"]As a fan of both the mighty NCFC and Hannover 96 I have a lot of love for Rangnick (ex-Hannover boss), he is a master tactician and in Germany is known as "The Professor".

Has taken Schalke to the Champs League Semi-Finals, took Hoffenheim up through the German leagues (with heavy investment and several South Americans coming in)

Not sure whether he would be within our reach, but definitely ticks a lot of boxes. Also speaks fluent English

His tactics can be a little more direct and very counter attacking, exciting to watch but don''t expect the ball to be passed around the back 4[/quote]Cheers for the info, interesting[Y]

JC ~ "His tactics can be a little more direct and very counter attacking,

exciting to watch but don''t expect the ball to be passed around the back

4"

Bit like Holloway then.

He is a bit like Holloway yeah, a fan of pace in his teams, also likes BIG centre halves, would be nice to see Vorsah who was with him at Hoffenheim coming in, he is an absolute beast and really good in the air

Looking at others from Germany, Robin Dutt would be an interesting choice, was Leverkusen manager last year after a 4 year spell at Freiburg.

He''s in the running - currently sporting director for both Salzburg & Leipzig.

Should''ve got him instead of Hughton.

Someone using their imagination and not plumping for the tried and tested[Y]

Give him a ring.

[quote user="Herman "]

Someone using their imagination and not plumping for the tried and tested[Y]

Give him a ring.

[/quote]Someone''s just asked when he''ll enter the betting on WBA forum. I''d laugh, if I wasn''t so hacked off :(

Don''t worry, Hughton is on his way.[:$]

What was wrong with Mel btw, are you glad he has gone? And why hasn''t Garlick taken a bit more flak?

[quote user="Herman "]

Don''t worry, Hughton is on his way.[:$]

What was wrong with Mel btw, are you glad he has gone? And why hasn''t Garlick taken a bit more flak?

[/quote]Fans liked Mel players didn''t basically. Not that the lazy feckers played for their "Man" Steve Clarke. Garlick has taken a tonne of flak for the Chairman and Chief exec, but, he''s a lawyer and not a "Football" man. So, not all blame is he''s Anelka and Sinclair were very much Clarke signings and look what happened. I fear next year will b our last in the prem