Sign in to follow this  
Peter

"Bentley a star in the making" says Arsene

Perhaps you ought to have watched him a bit closer.

Sure he shows talent sporadically and will go onto have a useful career, but a star he ain''t at the moment and it looks unlikely.  David Bentley is no Dennis Bergkamp.  And is unlikely to get the Arsenal No 10 shirt, which apparently was a major factor in joining City.

Stop believing the hype, improve your attitude and your work ethic and just maybe.

Give the lad a break - he has more natural ability than Francis, Holt, Stuart and Jonson added together.

Yes he does need to work harder and appreciate things more, which is why he was sent to us.

I think you will find that McVeigh, Damo and Jarvis all need to work harder.

Most people on here moan every time Worthy mentions work rate and committment, but when we get someone with ability all we want is for him to work harder and be more committed.

His best game was against Bolton when he was given the ball in areas where he could do damage and he set up all three goals.

If you want someone to run up and down the right touch line all day and not contribute to any attacking play... I give you Jonson and Stuart.

Saying all that I agree he does need to work harder but won''t it be refreshing to see a player who asks for the ball rather than Damo and Holt who turn round and run off when the back four have the ball.

I can''t remember Matt Le Tissier ever working hard - but like Hucks last year you can''t carry too many of these players without your far share of Gary Holts.

I really can''t see Bently in the Arsenal first team. He''s good but rather lightweight.Surely Wenger is just talking him up ahead of a sale in the summer... possibly to us.

I agreed BIC, seems like Wengers trying to talk up the transfer fee to me.  Bentley has come good for us and had finally adjusted to the demands of week in week out football, combined with us finally spotting his best position, when he got injured.  Its no coincidence that our fortunes have dramatically dropped since he has been out of the side.

However I do not see him as a regular first team gooner, probably a prem regular in time but only with a much smaller club.   I would like to see him stay at the club cos to be honest he has more ability and quality than the majority of our current squad.  I can easily imagine him providing some quality crosses & passes for Deano to thrive upon.

OTBC