Sign in to follow this  
Hugh J Wurzell

Stevie G's happy clappers

Just wondering how many of them wil be at the game the game on Sunday, trousers round their ankles, standing proudly to attention and clapping like lobotomised sea lions as another England great, Emile Hesky, troops off the field of play.

They know who they are, we know who they are. Their shameful behaviour will never be forgotten and never be forgiven!

Hugh

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

Just wondering how many of them wil be at the game the game on Sunday, trousers round their ankles, standing proudly to attention and clapping like lobotomised sea lions as another England great, Emile Hesky, troops off the field of play.

They know who they are, we know who they are. Their shameful behaviour will never be forgotten and never be forgiven!

Hugh

[/quote]

You are an utter Twonk and shameful!!!!

Little boys and a keyboard = "LOOK AT ME"

I certainly didn''t clap but if a player I really respected on & off the pitch came to Carrow Road & served up something really special I would potentially clap.

Didn''t Real Madrid fans applaud Ronaldinho when he was at Barca, even with all the hatred between those clubs.

He he he HJW....I like the cut of your jib fella. [Y]

This "soft touch" behaviour is synonymous with our perception of ourselves as a little team having a good day out. This would never have happened in the early 90s, smaller crowds but more proper fans. None of the wig wearing, coffee sipping, happy clappers that infect our stadium now.

People like you Wurzell and Edmund, who do you think you are?

Why do you get to question other supporters? What makes you superior? If someone pays for their ticket, they can support their team anyway they want. I wasn''t at the Liverpool game, and wouldn''t have applauded Gerrard, but i wouldn''t (/Haven''t) get upset at someone applauding Gerrard as he left the pitch. What exactly is wrong with that?

And the only people who have this ''small club'' and ''soft touch'' perception, is people like you. I have never heard of any other (sane minded) fans from other teams make comments such as those about us.

No one ''infects'' out stadium. Unless they aren''t actually Norwich fans. But we have what, 21,000 season ticket holders? Out of 27,000, 2000 of which are going to be away fans aren''t they? And then Super members get first pick of the 4-5000 available. So the ground isn''t going to be full of non-Norwich fans.

Just let people get on and support the club how they want to.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]People like you Wurzell and Edmund, who do you think you are? [/quote][img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000040913/polls_Trolls2_5156_939658_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg[/img]

I''m a proper fan GP. Not one of these happy family day trippers, no face painting, flag waving, club shop frequenting or programme buying.

I go to the football to follow my team and if others aren''t there to do likewise then they shouldn''t be there IMO.

LOL

Anyone who says they are a ''proper fan'' probably isn''t a fan at all...

So you can''t follow your team on a happy family day trip? You saying you don''t know any families who like football. Face painting means your not a ''proper fan''? Well I beg to differ (although never had my face painted for football), flag waiving? club shop frequenting? Programme buying?

If your deadly serious with any of that (and your probably not, or at least I hope your not) you should be ashamed. No such thing as a proper fan. Anyone who goes to the ground, what ever they do, as long as they are there to follow/watch/support/will the team to win, they are a supporter. Of course you don''t have to go to games either, if you can''t get to games either because of location or finance, doesn''t make you any less a fan.

To be honest, if what your posting is really your attitude, i''d rather we had a ground full of happy clapping, face painted, Gerrard applauding fans, than any like you.

Your also quite obviously an old poster under a new name, maybe even a current one on a different account. Care to enlighten us all? I seriously hope your not who I think you might be, i''d be very disappointed.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Your also quite obviously an old poster under a new name, maybe even a current one on a different account. Care to enlighten us all? I seriously hope your not who I think you might be, i''d be very disappointed.[/quote]

I think I know who you think it is![:)]

Well I think I know, who you think I think I know who it is :)

Its probably Mister Chops, he needed an excuse to get his troll picture out, so created a second account to post some rubbish :P

I''m old in age GP. Not in posting terms.

I don''t apologise for my views. Football is being turned into some sort of wishy-washy farce. Being back the good old days.

Well obviously Ruddygore, i''m just hoping Chops will come back and post something even funnier, keeps me entertained.

I go with my missus and kids now which is no bad thing as my eldest is now a season ticket holder (can''t afford it with four boys) but i admit i doubt i would ever clap the likes of sg or the like. I have applauded ex city players who have served us well but just could never do it to anyone else especially when we are losing.

I remember standing in the barclay 25 years ago - is it any better or worse now - dunno really

My Father brought me up better than to waste my energy applauding some has been that has just spent the last hour and a bit doing their utmost to put one over our team. It''s an unclean practice, almost impure, especially when it''s the likes of Gerrard who is no more than a thug in boots. How quickly people forget his nightclub shenanigans.

The crowd are gradually being dumbed down by the Delia Hype Machine, before long we''ll have half the ground cheering opposition goals and seeing jolly well played, parasites.

No Reeves

No future

No fans

South out!!

Some of these wig wearing, Gerrard idolising, happy clappers don''t even know where the Drum and Monkey is!

Would these star-struck wig-wearing happy clappers have jumped to their feet to applaud a big England star like, oh I don''t know, say Paul Mariner all those years ago?

Hugh

[quote user="Edmund"]I''m not sure what you''re getting at Slim. Why don''t you blow your beans?[/quote]You''ve hit on something there. In front of the hotel the club can construct a one way mirror with cubicles.  So if any wig wearing happy clapper gets star struck and fancies knocking one out during a match. They can pop a £2 coin in the slot. Continue watching the game while.. ''oh Gerrard... oh Heskey... oh Lampard...''.

[quote user="Edmund"]My Father brought me up better than to waste my energy applauding some has been that has just spent the last hour and a bit doing their utmost to put one over our team. It''s an unclean practice, almost impure, especially when it''s the likes of Gerrard who is no more than a thug in boots. How quickly people forget his nightclub shenanigans. The crowd are gradually being dumbed down by the Delia Hype Machine, before long we''ll have half the ground cheering opposition goals and seeing jolly well played, parasites.[/quote]

Well said that man!!

I remember the "good old days".

''Real fans'' who would piss where they stood on the terrace rather than walk to the overflowing excuses for loo''s, ''real fans'' from opposing clubs who, rather than wave a foam hand in the air were prone to take something sharp and dangerous out of their pockets and ask if you wanted to meet "...my friend Stan"; ''real fans'' who abused black players and threw bananas at them; ''real fans'' who kicked, broke, bent else set fire to anything they could get their hands on, or, in the case of Man Utd, ''real fans'' who systematically tried to take the ground apart; more ''real fans'' whose intent on going to the game was anything but that of supporting their team and who wore their colours to illustrate their tribe, not their club; ''real fans'' who, in remarkable unison, gave as much stick and abuse as they possibly could to an opposing player, else his wife, kids, you name it....yes, the good old day, when the actions of these ''real fans'' led to the introduction of fencing at grounds, fencing that led to the deaths of fans at Hillsborough and ramshackle, dangerous terraces that led to the same happening at Ibrox, clubs that didn''t give a shit for their fans and made them sit or stand in decrepid stands such as the one that caught fire at Valley Parade, more deaths, another excuse for Thatcher to kill off the game and she would have done, given the slightest chance; ''real fans'' who resent how the game has changed, how it is no longer their little niche indulgence of a Saturday afternoon and has been made accessible to so many more-clean, safe, popular and, in the case our City, a club to be proud of from top to bottom, the fans of today (with a very few exceptions, it seems) well catered for and, on the whole, content.

No-one can say that the game doesn''t need improving, of course it does, but a return to the tribal mentality of hating even your own because they choose to support their club in a different way to you isn''t an option.

The game and time that you lament for was a farce and then some. Cease the feeling of self entitlement and conviction that football owes you something. It doesn''t. Its evolved -not neccessarily all for the better I admit, but thats an opinion, not a statement of fact-so should you. Give me painted face, wig wearers in abundance over Luddites anyday.

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]No Reeves No future No fans South out!! Some of these wig wearing, Gerrard idolising, happy clappers don''t even know where the Drum and Monkey is![/quote]

Probably your local Bin boy!

You''re wrong anyway, Edmund. I can think of plenty of examples from the late eighties and early nineties of fans applauding the opposition. Three that come to mind straightaway -

City fans applauding an astonishing goal by Siggi Jonnson for Wednesday against us - sometime around 87, I''d think.

A standing ovation for Gazza as he was substituted after giving the best individual performance I''ve ever seen from an opposing player at CR

Leeds fans applauding Goss''s goal at Elland Road - 1993.

You''re perfectly within your rights to say that you think it''s wrong to applaud the opposition, but to claim this is some kind of new phenomenon is total nonsense.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]You''re wrong anyway, Edmund. I can think of plenty of examples from the late eighties and early nineties of fans applauding the opposition. Three that come to mind straightaway - City fans applauding an astonishing goal by Siggi Jonnson for Wednesday against us - sometime around 87, I''d think. A standing ovation for Gazza as he was substituted after giving the best individual performance I''ve ever seen from an opposing player at CR Leeds fans applauding Goss''s goal at Elland Road - 1993. You''re perfectly within your rights to say that you think it''s wrong to applaud the opposition, but to claim this is some kind of new phenomenon is total nonsense.[/quote]

Another apologist for this soppy era we''ve had created for us by Sky TV and the luvvies in the boardroom. God I''m glad I don''t go anymore.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I remember the "good old days".

''Real fans'' who would piss where they stood on the terrace rather than walk to the overflowing excuses for loo''s, ''real fans'' from opposing clubs who, rather than wave a foam hand in the air were prone to take something sharp and dangerous out of their pockets and ask if you wanted to meet "...my friend Stan"; ''real fans'' who abused black players and threw bananas at them; ''real fans'' who kicked, broke, bent else set fire to anything they could get their hands on, or, in the case of Man Utd, ''real fans'' who systematically tried to take the ground apart; more ''real fans'' whose intent on going to the game was anything but that of supporting their team and who wore their colours to illustrate their tribe, not their club; ''real fans'' who, in remarkable unison, gave as much stick and abuse as they possibly could to an opposing player, else his wife, kids, you name it....yes, the good old day, when the actions of these ''real fans'' led to the introduction of fencing at grounds, fencing that led to the deaths of fans at Hillsborough and ramshackle, dangerous terraces that led to the same happening at Ibrox, clubs that didn''t give a shit for their fans and made them sit or stand in decrepid stands such as the one that caught fire at Valley Parade, more deaths, another excuse for Thatcher to kill off the game and she would have done, given the slightest chance; ''real fans'' who resent how the game has changed, how it is no longer their little niche indulgence of a Saturday afternoon and has been made accessible to so many more-clean, safe, popular and, in the case our City, a club to be proud of from top to bottom, the fans of today (with a very few exceptions, it seems) well catered for and, on the whole, content.

No-one can say that the game doesn''t need improving, of course it does, but a return to the tribal mentality of hating even your own because they choose to support their club in a different way to you isn''t an option.

The game and time that you lament for was a farce and then some. Cease the feeling of self entitlement and conviction that football owes you something. It doesn''t. Its evolved -not neccessarily all for the better I admit, but thats an opinion, not a statement of fact-so should you. Give me painted face, wig wearers in abundance over Luddites anyday.

[/quote]Far to sensible a post for many on here to agree with Shuck.I''ve worn Yellow and Green spectacles all my life but it doesn''t make me blind to other colours. I would never cheer an opposing player but I can still appreciate good play or great goals even when its against us.If kids want to paint their faces or wear wigs good luck to them but a woolly hat and scarf is as far as Ricardo ever goes.[;)]