Sign in to follow this  
 Zak Van Burger

Thank you and good luck Kyle Naughton!! Top looney...

Fingers crossed we can lure him back permanently but I can''t see Arry letting him leave too easily now he''s proven his ability at this level so it''s likely the Villa game will be Kyles last for us.If only some of the other loon players we''ve had in recent years had shown half the application and a fraction of the ability that Naughton has displayed this year who knows we''d probably be top six prem under Roeder....[:D]I think we''re going to miss him more than any other player who might leave this year, very classy player who in recent games has shown he''s not afraid to "take one for the team" too.So good luck for the future Kyle whoever you''re playing for next year just hope you''ve a couple of shockers in your locker for the Norwich matches!!

Out of all the players there are, I think we should make Kyle our No.1 target.He has been fantastic for us this season. He is a really versatile player, I think it was the Bolton match where he played right back, left back and centre back in the same match excelling in all positions.Sign him up - break our record for Kyle Naughton!!

Quality sentiments shown there stir. [Y]

Before moving to Spurs he was close to sealing a move to Everton. Since Everton are in need of a decent right back it seems very likely that Moyes will move for him again providing Spurs want to sell, which seems quite likely. Sadly after the villa game the next time we see Kyle he won''t be wearing yellow.

He has been magnificent for us this season. If he were not a looney I think he would be pushing Holt and Ruddy very close for POS.

[quote user="NWC"]Out of all the players there are, I think we should make Kyle our No.1 target.

He has been fantastic for us this season. He is a really versatile player, I think it was the Bolton match where he played right back, left back and centre back in the same match excelling in all positions.

Sign him up - break our record for Kyle Naughton!!
[/quote]I agree!  He must be a prime target.

we paid a £1m loan fee ,and tottenham wanted £4m in january to make it perm, which we were not willing to do at the time but now we are in the prem for another season, could well be willing to match that.

Would love to to Kyle back here next season. In a City shirt of course.What angle can we offer ''Arry to swing the deal in our favour? Can''t be Delia''s pies ''cos of his coronary issues which is why his missus wouldn''t let him take the England job.

I thought his missus didn''t want him to take the job, because she doesn''t want to move away from the South Coast, and the FA want the manager to live somewhere else.

But anyway, I reckon we can get Naughton. Depends wether he rates first team football above being a reserve Spurs player. I''m sure Harry thinks he''s good enough to be back up, but he''s not going to be getting ahead of wonderboy (but can''t get past old man Drury) Kyle Walker.

Don''t think Spurs will demand too much for him if Naughton wants to leave.

"Would love to to Kyle back here next season. In a City shirt of course. What angle can we offer ''Arry to swing the deal in our favour?"

Steve "Pets" Morison to do some dog-minding while we send ''Arry on an expenses-paid trip to Monaco.

After all, transfers shouldn''t have to be taxing.

[quote user="MAJESTIC"]we paid a £1m loan fee ,and tottenham wanted £4m in january to make it perm, which we were not willing to do at the time but now we are in the prem for another season, could well be willing to match that.[/quote]Is this true? If so then we should have already secured the services of Kyle on a perm deal.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

Went to an Aviva event this evening at FCR with Lambert and McVeigh....the question of signing Naughton was posed to Lambert who after discussing how we would need to strengthen the squad in all positions, basically wrote off our chances of signing Naughton. In short, by signing Naughton would mean we would have less money to spend in other areas of the pitch, and we aren''t swimming in gold. Fully expect us to be searching the lower leagues again for the young and hungry, we simply haven''t got the finances to pay for Premiership players and wages,

Am i wrong in thinking he''s out of contract this summer. I know we would still have to pay compensation and a signing on fee + wages, but surely it''s a viable option and a position we need to be looking at. From what you say Largey, i expect there could very well be something in the Gunter rumours

[quote user="Largey24"]Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

Went to an Aviva event this evening at FCR with Lambert and McVeigh....the question of signing Naughton was posed to Lambert who after discussing how we would need to strengthen the squad in all positions, basically wrote off our chances of signing Naughton. In short, by signing Naughton would mean we would have less money to spend in other areas of the pitch, and we aren''t swimming in gold. Fully expect us to be searching the lower leagues again for the young and hungry, we simply haven''t got the finances to pay for Premiership players and wages,[/quote]I know there''s some debt to pay off but it seems odd that we seemingly can''t afford to pay that amount of money for a player especially as we are about to earn up to 8 million pounds in prize money.

I would imagine to compete next season we will need to be spending more money in other positions rather than RB! Naughton wouldn''t come cheap.