Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

I don't want Holt to go to Euro's.

If Holt goes he is coming to come under some right stick if he doesn''t perform. Even now despite his brilliant season when I speak to other football fans the still see him as an overweight slow target man with no skill. We all know that Holt isn''t that. He is actually quite quick and has a brilliant touch and great movement.

However I just feel that people & media are all ready to jump on Holt as soon as england fail. I don''t want Holt unfairly turned into a laughing stock or scapegoat. Unless Holt goes there and bags 2 or 3 goals it will be classed as a mistake to take him, And if he does go and do well, it will be because of the "word class" players around him and he won''t get the recconition he deserves.

Add this to the fact he''s 31 and just finished a tough season, the guy needs a rest. So I hope Holt for his sake, and Norwich''s isn''t included.

I see your point, but I doubt Holt would agree with you!I doubt he''ll go anyway, Woy will play safe, the press would rip him to pieces if he took Holt and he didn''t single handedly win the tournament.Its a shame, as Holt deserves the place, but donkey boy Carrol will go, based on about 70 minutes of decent football this season.

The bit about fatigue is very valid. We need two more good seasons from Grant and a hectic Summer schedule will likely be to the detriment of his form at the beginning of next season. A few rounds of golf won''t.

The other side of the coin is that the man deserves the ultimate recognition for his attitude, his skills, his goals, his influence and his contribution towards the Club we love. The most influential player IMHO at NCFC in the 40+ years that I have supported and there have been many gems in the past.

I feel that the opportunity was missed by dumbo Pearce in his one game as the National manager. A little look at Holt then would have given the player the shirt and the kudos and would have given some indication as to how well Holty performs at that level and without a yellow shirt on his back.

As it was, Pearce achieved zilch and I, for one, cannot even remember the opposition or the result it was that meaningless.

I do believe that Hodgson is his own man and I have warmed to him recently, so you never know. There''s another friendly coming up. 

I want Holt to go..I for one would be very proud if he did.. its a big "up yours" to the big teams as well...Let them take their Andy CArroll... let it all end in tears and Woy''s head to be photoshopped on a turnip by the sun....We''ll keep our hero...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I want Holt to go..I for one would be very proud if he did.. its a big "up yours" to the big teams as well...Let them take their Andy CArroll... let it all end in tears and Woy''s head to be photoshopped on a turnip by the sun....We''ll keep our hero...[/quote][Y]

much as we all love our club, I wouldn''t want to deprive Holty of the chance to represent his country just for our sake. He''ll get his rest, plus he''s a tough ol'' nut. An extra few weeks of training and 3-4 games (lets face it) wouldn''t kill him, and he''d get an extra couple of weeks before pre-season too, I should think.

I''d love to see him there for his own sake, he deserves it.

Holt is an unknown entity at this level and maybe Woy feels like he would make a useful impact sub if we happen to be chasing a game(which is more than likely)..As long as he doesn''t get himself sent off then i would fancy his chances to score.If he wins the golden boot for the tournament ,expect a big media circus to descend upon Carrow Rd.

I dont think fatigue does come into the equation tbh, he''s played 35/36 games of which he''s started probably around 25/26 & this is over the last 9 months. Also some of the games he''s started he''s been subbed after 70 minutes etc.

Dont think he''ll be selected either tbh, i''d love him to be included & on performances this season he should be but as has already been said hodgson will either pick crouch or carroll.

What''s ridiculous about the current England set up is if he had scored the goals he has this season whilst playing for say, Tottenham, he''d be a favourite to get a call up.Which is absurd, because scoring 15 goals for Tottenham in the Premiership in my opinion, is much easier than doing the same for Norwich. You dont have the same quality players around you to help you out and lay chances on a plate.Do i want him to go? Yes, i think Holt would absolutely love to go to the Euro''s. However if i was being really selfish i''d say actually, stay here Holt, prep for next season, and be ready.

Selfish i no but i hope Holt does not go to the euros, We will need him more than ever next season so he needs a rest. Anyway do we really want our star man mixing with scum such as John Terry and Ashley Cole.

Even if he just managed one half of a game... that cap would be something he''d treasue for life.Let''s hope it happens for him.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"]Even if he just managed one half of a game... that cap would be something he''d treasue for life.Let''s hope it happens for him.[/quote]
Spot on. It would mean the world for Holt to get a call up and a cap. I can''t say I don''t want him to go to the Euros, he''s given too much to the club for me to be selfish.