Sign in to follow this  
Somerset Canary

Thomas Heurtaux...

I''d be lying if I said I had seen him play before but I''ve done a little digging.

He broke into the Caen side after they had been relegated in 2009. Since then he has been a regular, winning promotion in 2010 & avoiding relegation last season, they''re almost safe this season with 2 games remaining.

Interesting.. Always nice to be linked to promising players and a player abroad is a bit different from lower league British players I guess. Wonder if there''s anything in it.

After the amount of promising french defenders i have seen fail with Arsenal in the prem, it would be something i would be a little worried about. Obviously there has been some talented french defenders in the past and there currently is at the moment, but the amount of money Wenger has spent on crap french defenders shows perhaps their style isn''t suited for the prem league, or perhaps they just aren''t that good! if he''s a full back i would be much less concerned that if he was a CB- anyone remember Pascal Cygan, he made the Doc look like a cross between Puyol and Pique

Oh dear, Priceyrice, turns out his main position is CB.

Apparently played for the French Under-18s a few years ago.

In a Utube interview, he lists his favourite teams as Barcelona, Arsenal and Manchester. Didn''t say which one.

[quote user="priceyrice"]After the amount of promising french defenders i have seen fail with Arsenal in the prem, it would be something i would be a little worried about. Obviously there has been some talented french defenders in the past and there currently is at the moment, but the amount of money Wenger has spent on crap french defenders shows perhaps their style isn''t suited for the prem league, or perhaps they just aren''t that good! if he''s a full back i would be much less concerned that if he was a CB- anyone remember Pascal Cygan, he made the Doc look like a cross between Puyol and Pique[/quote]I bet the majority of Belgian defenders are poor but that doesn''t stop Kompany from being on of the best CB''s in the world right now. Just look at players like Sahko and M''Bia, top quality french CBs that would have no trouble fitting into Prem teams

[quote user="priceyrice"]After the amount of promising french defenders i have seen fail with Arsenal in the prem, it would be something i would be a little worried about. Obviously there has been some talented french defenders in the past and there currently is at the moment, but the amount of money Wenger has spent on crap french defenders shows perhaps their style isn''t suited for the prem league, or perhaps they just aren''t that good! if he''s a full back i would be much less concerned that if he was a CB- anyone remember Pascal Cygan, he made the Doc look like a cross between Puyol and Pique
[/quote]

Pascal Cygan was actually a pretty decent defender. He had a good career in football and has Premier League and FA Cup winners medals to his name.

He was perhaps not quite as good as some of the other top central defenders Arsenal have had in the past but he was plenty good enough for the Premier League and often played in the Champions League.

But for whatever reason he was one of those players that people decided to rate and remember by one or two mistakes rather than the usual solid and reliable performances that he usually put in. Quite similar to Gary Doherty, in that respect.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]I''m just glad he isn''t a Nancy boy[/quote]this will be lost on most... i chuckled though

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If the price is reasonable I don''t really see what we''ve got Toulouse.[/quote]#

Quality

Sorry to Rouen the flow of puns, but you can see a Heurtaux goal here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7XKSjn2VLs&feature=related

As "amusing" as these puns are, this is one player we won''t be getting

He signed a 5 year deal with Spanish side Granada in April - awesome research from Talksport

I''m not sochaux we need another centre-back anyway, could be a good miss this one, heard he''s a bit of a rennes-gade master

[quote user="goonuppersee"]

As "amusing" as these puns are, this is one player we won''t be getting

He signed a 5 year deal with Spanish side Granada in April - awesome research from Talksport

[/quote]Umm no he didn''t, he still plays for Caens