Sign in to follow this  
mozzer

Has it ever been done before, could we be the first....?

90 minutes of non-stop singing for a manager/team? If there''s ever been a day to do it, surely Sunday is that day.

Let''s hope Lambert will be here next season - but let''s make sure he''s left in no doubt how we feel about him and his team, how we''d love him to stay.

OTBC

When Martin O''Neill was being extensively courted by Leeds about a decade ago, the Leicester fans constantly sang his name and cheered him and them throughout what might have been his last game with them...

...he later admitted that he had been undecided about the move but their reaction was what convinced him to stay.

Now before anyone stands me up against a wall I''m not saying we are in that position now or PL has the same dilemma going into tomorrows game (though I''m worried about losing PL whenever it happens) but it did show that fans can make a difference in that way.

A great atmosphere and support for him, the coaching team and players is a must tomorrow, before, during and beyond. Should be good!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

When Martin O''Neill was being extensively courted by Leeds about a decade ago, the Leicester fans constantly sang his name and cheered him and them throughout what might have been his last game with them...

...he later admitted that he had been undecided about the move but their reaction was what convinced him to stay.

Now before anyone stands me up against a wall I''m not saying we are in that position now or PL has the same dilemma going into tomorrows game (though I''m worried about losing PL whenever it happens) but it did show that fans can make a difference in that way.

A great atmosphere and support for him, the coaching team and players is a must tomorrow, before, during and beyond. Should be good!

[/quote]

He is already aware of what the fans think of him and his team, the big question is do the board have the same feelings towards him keeping us in the top league how much will they be shelling out to keep him.

This isn''t the Neil Doncaster era now. I think McNally knows the deal and Delia has certainly seen the difference between the ''04-''05 season and the ''11-''12 one. It''s financially been a far better one.

As much as I like the idea, I think Lambert and the team would love it just as much if fans didn''t moan and groan or boo players who are trying to do their best.