Sign in to follow this  
Svensson is Great

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

I know its ealry but I was thinking today at work who would get player of the season. I think an obvious choice on everyone lips right now would be Darren Huckerby, also Holt , Fleming and Robert Green. ne way here would be my top 3. please post and agree and disagree.

3rd = Darren Huckerby
2nd = Craig Fleming
1st = Robert Green

I think i''d have to agree with you Mook, Fleming would get my vote. Partly because i believe the award is long over due for him and partly because, as you stated, he is so consistant. Huckerby wouldn''t be too far behind in 2nd and I think i''d go for Greeno in 3rd.

Agreed Mook, Huckerbys only just arrived. Flemings been turning in consistent performances week in and week out for years. He epitomises Norwich City for me at the moment.

I do agree that Fleming has been very very consistant this season and put in some great games at the back. However for me he was still consistant when we were 15th at the beginning of the season before the 3 loanees came in. I just don''t think we would be where we are without the skill, insperation, magic and match winning performances of Huckerby. He has won us games and given us that extra edge. I know the old saying "the best form of attack is defence" but I just think that Huckers has had the little bit of class this season which we haven''t seen down here for a long time. He''s got my vote I''m afraid

Flem deserves our vote for his years of consistent top quality service to the club. He''s only had 3 clubs in his career, he''s a rare breed in today''s game and he deserves recognition.
Huckerby has had enough of the plaudits, the headlines and the adoration, and he deserves that too but i don''t think he would begrudge Fleming the award.

(1) Craig Fleming

(2) Darren Huckerby/Damien Francis/Robert Green

(3) Gary Holt

Flem was absolutely superb this season with he broke his goal drought; Huck, Francis and Green were men of the moment in different sets of times but they had their lows; Holt, not doubt about it if he only concentrate on his defending job, he can always do a job for us!!!

wow, this is really hard eh

player of the season (not going back over who should have or deserved to win it last year etc)

one DH
Two Robert Green
Three Flems

one - darren huckerby, but for him we would NOT be top of the league and having our best ever chance to win promotion; i accept a lot of people think he has only just arrived, but check out where we were and the overall form before he did come here, even on loan. He has made more goals than he has scored, but over the last few games he has either scored them or made them. Cannot argue with that. He has inspired the rest of the team, us fans, and worthy thinks he is god. What else can you say?

two - greeno, again been outstanding in goal and undoubtedly saved us matches this year. Been there to save us when the faster forwards have got round the defence

three - fleming - without him in defence we would be shot - stops so many forwards breaking through with his great reading of the game. Calm and experienced under pressure, just what we need when the chips are down

if youve got nothing to offer but snide destructive criticism about our players in a season like this, you cant call yourself a real fan.