Sign in to follow this  
Iceman

Mind Games

Am I the only one who''s getting fed up with Lambert''s mind games, if he''s going tell us because he will probably take Culverhouse with him and we need to get another Manager in sooner rather than later. Even McNally couldn''t give a straight answer when asked the question yesterday

[quote user="Iceman"]

Am I the only one who''s getting fed up with Lambert''s mind games, if he''s going tell us because he will probably take Culverhouse with him and we need to get another Manager in sooner rather than later. Even McNally couldn''t give a straight answer when asked the question yesterday

[/quote]
You seem to think Lambert is acting this way just because he can. He may have answered vaguely as he needs to sort things out with himself before making a decision, we just don''t know. Anyway having read his comments in full from yesterday I think what he was trying to say was ''I''m probably not going to Villa, but I can''t give certainties at this time.''

[quote user="Iceman"]

[/quote]

I agree. I''ve made a similar point on another thread. I''m getting a little annoyed by it all. I feel Lambert is being disrespectful to the club and fans by continuing to never give straight answers and contributing to a media frenzy. Burnley last year was the same. Why can''t he come out and talk about next season and be positive about the future? Why does he constantly say "I cant answer that" etc etc, yes you can Lambert! You''ve got a duty of care towards the club and are responsible for helping to mantain a steady ship.

IMO Lambert is fantastic manager but he is replaceable. He''s been given the platform of Norwich City to acheive, he shouldn''t forget that to quickly. His record is distinctly average prior to us. If he has got any sence he''ll sit tight for a couple of years.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Iceman"]

[/quote]

I agree. I''ve made a similar point on another thread. I''m getting a little annoyed by it all. I feel Lambert is being disrespectful to the club and fans by continuing to never give straight answers and contributing to a media frenzy. Burnley last year was the same. Why can''t he come out and talk about next season and be positive about the future? Why does he constantly say "I cant answer that" etc etc, yes you can Lambert! You''ve got a duty of care towards the club and are responsible for helping to mantain a steady ship.

IMO Lambert is fantastic manager but he is replaceable. He''s been given the platform of Norwich City to acheive, he shouldn''t forget that to quickly. His record is distinctly average prior to us. If he has got any sence he''ll sit tight for a couple of years.

[/quote]

This post says it all for me.....its doing my head in now.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Iceman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This post says it all for me.....its doing my head in now.

I don''t blame him for keeping his cards close to his chest. After a successful season he is waiting to see what the board will do for him in terms of an improved contract and money to spend, while also waiting to see whether a really big club may make him an offer he cannot refuse. He will obviously not commit himself until these issues are resolved. Any sensible person would do the same in his situation.

Just heard Talksport confirm that McLeish has probably left AV.

I get the impression he is holding off to see what offers he gets- ie will a top 8 prem club come for him? will villa say they have £1000000 million for him to spend (any less wouldnt be worth it)

I just hope Delia bakes him a big cake and a nice new contract... my gut says he will stay for another 2 seasons then go to a top 6 club* (*hopefully Norwich would be one of them)

Well to be fair what exactly is he meant to say about the Villa job. He can''t come out and deny that he wants it. Villa (at time the time anyway) still had McLeish as their manager. So there was nothing to comment on. That would have been pretty disrespectful in itself.

If he had also said that he would definitely stay next season and had then left some people on here would be accusing him of being a liar. So he cant win either way. He has been as open as he can about the situation and that is to be commended for me.

i guess also he wouldnt come out and say for certain what he is doing just in case someone like Man utd came along... its like in our jobs - would we tell our bosses we love them and will never leave? or would we play it cool so that we get a pay rise (more transfer money etc)

I respect him for not committing.

Its very annoying when players and managers say something, and then do the opposite. Lambert doesn''t want to lie to the fans, so he''s not. He doesn''t know what offers he''s going to get in the summer, he can''t say for sure he''ll be here next season. So he''s not going to lie about it.

In the end what will be will be.I suspect most managers in the English leagues and some in Europe would now look at Norwich as a job they would very much want to have.There are probably only 10 managers who would not swap their job for managing City now.Bearing in mind Villa have now had 3 different managers in 3 seasons and all have left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, it strikes me as a bit of a poisoned chalice.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I respect him for not committing. Its very annoying when players and managers say something, and then do the opposite. Lambert doesn''t want to lie to the fans, so he''s not. He doesn''t know what offers he''s going to get in the summer, he can''t say for sure he''ll be here next season. So he''s not going to lie about it.[/quote]

Thats rubbish. Who the hell will want to sign for the club with Lambert saying he doesn''t know if he''ll be here next season. If he wants to be here he will, end of. His comments are unsettling and not appropriate. There are far better ways to get his point across. For example he could have said in responce to Q "will you be here next season" A " football is a funny old game and nothing is 100% certain yet, but I''m really enjoying my time here and I''m looking forward to another great season next year"

Brendan Rodgers committed to Swansea yesterday, so it can be done!

A top 6 side won''t be interested in Lambert. 

If Villa magicked £100 million they''d want someone with more experience than Lambert has (1 year) at the top level.  David Moyes, would probably not even be on their list!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I respect him for not committing. Its very annoying when players and managers say something, and then do the opposite. Lambert doesn''t want to lie to the fans, so he''s not. He doesn''t know what offers he''s going to get in the summer, he can''t say for sure he''ll be here next season. So he''s not going to lie about it.[/quote]

Thats rubbish. Who the hell will want to sign for the club with Lambert saying he doesn''t know if he''ll be here next season. If he wants to be here he will, end of. His comments are unsettling and not appropriate. There are far better ways to get his point across. For example he could have said in responce to Q "will you be here next season" A " football is a funny old game and nothing is 100% certain yet, but I''m really enjoying my time here and I''m looking forward to another great season next year"

[/quote]

I must of imagined the part when Lambert said Norwich is his only concern.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Or the interviewer could have been more specific rather than "will you be here next season" which is really quite vague.  And for somebody like Lambert, who gets asked gay questions will give gay answers back so ***ts on the Pink un can get theit knickers in a twist.