Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Lambert on Canaries.co.uk

"Everything is a challenge. To get new lads in will be a challenge; to get them going again next season is a challenge because it''ll be an even keel."A more promising quote for those worrying about Lambert''s future.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]"Everything is a challenge. To get new lads in will be a challenge; to get them going again next season is a challenge because it''ll be an even keel."A more promising quote for those worrying about Lambert''s future.[/quote]no one will even acknowledge this because it isnt filled with doom, gloom, and personal attacks...maybe if you had said "This is all lies, why cant Lambert just say he is staying and sign an 8 year contract!" and called me an A*rse it might have some replies...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ncfcstar"]"Everything is a challenge. To get new lads in will be a challenge; to get them going again next season is a challenge because it''ll be an even keel."A more promising quote for those worrying about Lambert''s future.[/quote]no one will even acknowledge this because it isnt filled with doom, gloom, and personal attacks...maybe if you had said "This is all lies, why cant Lambert just say he is staying and sign an 8 year contract!" and called me an A*rse it might have some replies...

[/quote]I know Jas, that is the PinkUn message board summed up to a tee.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Are we all choosing to ignore the "its hard to tell" quote then?People are allowed to worry if they want to.[/quote]bingo!... it begins right on cue!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ncfcstar"]"Everything is a challenge. To get new lads in will be a challenge; to get them going again next season is a challenge because it''ll be an even keel."A more promising quote for those worrying about Lambert''s future.[/quote]no one will even acknowledge this because it isnt filled with doom, gloom, and personal attacks...maybe if you had said "This is all lies, why cant Lambert just say he is staying and sign an 8 year contract!" and called me an A*rse it might have some replies...

[/quote]

You''re an ass! Would it kill PL to sign a 100 year contract??? My gut says no.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Are we all choosing to ignore the "its hard to tell" quote then?

People are allowed to worry if they want to.
[/quote]

Where is he quoted as saying "its hard to tell" and what was the exact question that was put to him?  Journo''s (including Archant ones) will always print part of a quote and we never get to know how or in what context the question was posed.

Watch/listen to his interview with Dan O''Hagan from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17973120

much more positive and talks about planning for next season

If he stays, he stays.  If he goes, he goes.  One thing thats sure is that we''re in a much better place than we were when he took over and if he goes  I trust McNally and the board to install a capable replacement from whats sure to be a host of applicants

I heard the McNally interview on Radio Norfolk yesterday. I don''t think I could want a better person in charge at CR. He seemed so tottally in charge and committed to the club.

There''s a quote at the bottom of the Petrov article which nobody seems to take any notice of:

Lambert himself expects no let up when the final whistle goes tomorrow with the planning already taking shape for next season.

The

City chief will step up his recruitment drive along with finalising the

club’s pre-season schedule - minus the usual summer training trip to

Germany.

“I’m not going to tell you at the minute (where we are

going),” he said. “Some of the games are already lined up. There is a

good possibility of that (continental opposition at home) and one or two

away. It will be the normal routine to get fitness and get people fit.

(Adam) Drury’s testimonial game puts things back because we have the

Celtic match and hopefully they bring their normal crowd coming down

here and probably take over the whole of Norwich for the night. That is

obviously a game he deserves to get so we’ll be back in July. I know

where we are going and what is happening. Everything is in place.”

Does that sound like someone running for the exit?

[quote user="OldRobert"]There''s a quote at the bottom of the Petrov article which nobody seems to take any notice of:

Lambert himself expects no let up when the final whistle goes tomorrow with the planning already taking shape for next season.

The

Germany.

[/quote]I actually think he will stay but neither the less I don''t think that quote shows anything, what would you expect him to say? ''we haven''t bothered to organise any games or a tour because well I won''t be here and I don''t want to lumber my replacement with a Moldovan holiday''Anyway, he isn''t ready to leave yet, too much work to do but this is a good opportunity to squeeze a bit more money out of the board.

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="OldRobert"]There''s a quote at the bottom of the Petrov article which nobody seems to take any notice of:

The

Germany.

[/quote]I actually think he will stay but neither the less I don''t think that quote shows anything, what would you expect him to say? ''we haven''t bothered to organise any games or a tour because well I won''t be here and I don''t want to lumber my replacement with a Moldovan holiday''Anyway, he isn''t ready to leave yet, too much work to do but this is a good opportunity to squeeze a bit more money out of the board.[/quote]Presumably he didn''t have to say anything, the article was about a completely different subject.  I do agree with your last sentence, but it would seem to be a little undermined by the fact that Villa have apparently asked permission in the last hour to speak to PL.  I appreciate that doesn''t mean he will go there of course.