Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Conundrum for you....

If another club came in to take Lambert as Manager OR McNally as CEO, but not both of them, which one would you prefer to stay?? I would take McNally as he has done so much for this club to stabilise it and get the right people in, that i''d trust him to do it over and over again. Just interested in peoples views. So, although Lambert is probably the most worshipped manager we''ve had at this club since i''ve followed them (25ish years), I think McNally is the key person who has to stay at this club forever!

Good question for the long term of the club then yes Mcnally as you''d think he''d make the correct decision more times than not but for the short term is there a better manager than Paul Lambert out there? We have a good team now so hopefully whoever Mcnally was to bring in would do a good job and keep us in the best league in the world

Extremely hypothetical, because McNally won''t be going anywhere. But I''d pick McNally. Lambert is going to go eventually. Whether that''s this summer, or in 5 years time to a top 3 club, he won''t be here forever.

Whenever Lambert does decide to go, I can''t think of anyone I''d rather have appointing his successor than McNally.

Not only are McNally''s skills more important than Lambert''s but I have a very reliable source who tells me that McNally loves Norwich as a place and is very happy so very committed also to the project.

I too would prefer McNally although I consider our dramatic and unequalled rise down to a few positives coming together at once:

A remarkable upsurge in support which meant that even as a L1 club we had larger attendaces than most of the Championship  and some of the Premiership teams.

Mc Nally''s appointment (+ Bowkett) Did Donky resign? I was abroad at the time.

Lambert''s appointment.

Grant Holt.

Delia getting off the wagon  [:D]

Yes, I put the fans first as without that support neither Mac nor Lambert would have been interested. They have both said as much.

Yes I include Holty, our most inspirational player ever IMO.

If Lambo leaves, then the rest of the cogs are still in place, plus a more than decent squad of player''s who have proven themselves at Premiership level. The sum of the parts, and all that.

My glass is half full today, literally. 

Not wishing  to be a prophet of doom or any thing , but has it crossed others minds as it  did mine , that the reason  that  Lambert  has not  signed up some of the  better players on new contracts , is so that he can poach them for  next to nothing at his new club ???

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I too would prefer McNally although I consider our dramatic and unequalled rise down to a few positives coming together at once:

A remarkable upsurge in support which meant that even as a L1 club we had larger attendaces than most of the Championship  and some of the Premiership teams.

Mc Nally''s appointment (+ Bowkett) Did Donky resign? I was abroad at the time.

Lambert''s appointment.

Grant Holt.

Delia getting off the wagon  [:D]

Yes, I put the fans first as without that support neither Mac nor Lambert would have been interested. They have both said as much.

Yes I include Holty, our most inspirational player ever IMO.

If Lambo leaves, then the rest of the cogs are still in place, plus a more than decent squad of player''s who have proven themselves at Premiership level. The sum of the parts, and all that.

My glass is half full today, literally. 

[/quote]

Weren''t we having big crowds before we got to League One? Pretty sure they were present throughout most of our decline from the last time we were in the Prem! Undoubtedly they''ve helped but without the McNally an Lambert appointments, I think we''d still be in League 1/the championship and probably still with 20,000 plus crowds!

Barclay seats, I don''t think so. Who is out of contract this summer that would be a great signing for a "next step up" club? Whitbread possibly, but not as anything more than a squad player. Holt, again possibly, but I don''t think he''d leave Norwich now and I''m not sure that Lambert would take him (if Villa have got so much money, why wouldn''t he go out and get someone younger with the same attributes as Holt, or someone like Rhodes?). Other than that, the out of contract players are fairly squad player-ish really.

If he does go, that is one of the benefits. Because we are a squad and not three or four names and a supporting cast, I''m not sure many players will be poached. We''ve not really got anyone who you can say "they''ve had such a good season, they''d be the best option for a top 7 club."

obviously ...I hope that you are right .. I am normally a pretty optomistic person... but for some reason .. right now I fear the worst over this . I cannot think of a manager ...who is likely to come to us if asked .... who I fancy too much .

Why not? How many other clubs offer a manager a go at one of the best 12 clubs in the country, with a squad of players who will all work extremely hard for each other, with no big egos to manage, a fairly secure financial footing if not huge sums to spend, and a board that aren''t going to interfere and p*55 you off, like some of the boards in the prem will do? Sounds like a pretty cushy job to me!

(That was in response to Barclay - for some reason the quote hasn''t gone into the post!)

Or maybe it''s trying  to post on this site !!!! Nothing seems to work right ...........My other comment was I cannot think of a manager ..someone to work a continuing magic as it were ..............................anyway ......off to cook my supper ...stop looking on here !

the success of the team is all about the manager - a successful team wins cash for the ceo to spend well. The two are interlinked

Lambert is THE key to this club doing well

however McNally is our best chance of keeping PL at the club...