Sign in to follow this  
Surfbird

Lambert Says

At the Presentation Dinner this evening Paul Lambert says thanks to players and fans - we''ll do all we can to kick on.    Don''t think that''s a speech from a departing manager.

Lambert finishes with tribute to team and fans-''They''ve been amazing a big thank you to all of them. We''ll do everything we can to kick on.''

Encouraging?

Lambert joked with Adam Drury -''You''re dropped for the testimonial, I''ve booked you a seat next to Delia and Michael!''

Sorry mate, I was there too and I certainly didn''t get the impression he''s staying - the speeches made by Alan Bowkett, David McNally and Lambert himself did nothing to point to him staying - if he was staying he''d say it, he didn''t (& the others all commented on a ''plan b'' should he leave) so I believe, as much as I don''t want it to happen that if a better job offer comes up he will take it - and if it does, good luck to him.

[quote user="Surfbird"]At the Presentation Dinner this evening Paul Lambert says thanks to players and fans - we''ll do all we can to kick on.    Don''t think that''s a speech from a departing manager.[/quote]That''s good enough for me. It''s always a positive when he refers to the club as ''us'' and ''we''...  us Norwich fans are a sensitive bunch arent we [:)]I bet he reads this message board and laughs at all the panic he causes [;)][8] ONE PAUL LAMBERT, THERES ONLY ONE PAUL LAMBERT [8]

Maybe he doesn''t know himself if he''s staying. I mean, I honestly don''t know if I''ll stay in my job come August (well, September).

This is a very good point K Lo. It''s not important what may happen in the future. What''s important ius that he''s doing his job now. The next couple of months are important. They will shape next season just as last summer shaped this. None of us know what the future holds but if we''re in a job that requires planning for the future we have to assume we will be there.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]Sorry mate, I was there too and I certainly didn''t get the impression he''s staying - the speeches made by Alan Bowkett, David McNally and Lambert himself did nothing to point to him staying - if he was staying he''d say it, he didn''t (& the others all commented on a ''plan b'' should he leave) so I believe, as much as I don''t want it to happen that if a better job offer comes up he will take it - and if it does, good luck to him.[/quote]

Equally, if he was leaving, he''d say it, but he didn''t.

KingsLynnCanary said: so I believe, as much as I don''t want it to happen that if a better job offer comes up he will take it - and if it does, good luck to him.

Isn''t that the whole point? I honestly believe that Lambert likes the club and the fans and doesn''t want to lie to us. No matter what we believe a better job offer will soon come his way and he will go. Lambert like us just doesn''t know what that job will be or when it will happen. Until then he''ll give us the same thing he''s given us all the other times he''s been linked with a job. Diddly Squat. Remember when he was leaving us for Burnley? They were supposedly a bigger club at the time.

I hope he does leave but one day he will. I just hope it''s for a better club that''s on it''s way upwards.

Davo

So, perhaps PL is being ''ever so umble'' and not presuming he will be in a job, because part of the process is always the Board and what they want. It is obvious that they will want him, so why don''t the Board come out with a positive statement about it all, backing him, and pledging his future? There are other factors here, like PL''s family (are they still away from Norfolk, or are they settling here?) So not all the answers should necessarily come from the great man himself.

Although I am a little peeved that, despite all the speculation, that something hasn''t been said from within the four walls by now, because they are not stupid, and will be quite aware of all the media/fans/bookmakers interest, currently being banded about. The fans need a bit of respect over this, and deserve a statement. If it isn''t an immediate positive one, then, all what will happen is, flames will be well and truly fanned.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]Sorry mate, I was there too and I certainly didn''t get the impression he''s staying - the speeches made by Alan Bowkett, David McNally and Lambert himself did nothing to point to him staying - if he was staying he''d say it, he didn''t (& the others all commented on a ''plan b'' should he leave) so I believe, as much as I don''t want it to happen that if a better job offer comes up he will take it - and if it does, good luck to him.[/quote]

It is the last thing any of them would mention. There is no concrete evidence that Villa have made an approach and the whole business is far too sensitive to throw a clumsy cat amongst the pigeons in this way.

It is almost political, and there are hours of negotiations behind closed doors to be had should it be made open that Lerner wants to have Lambert at Villa Park (the "Edifice of Grimy Aston.")

I am fed up with all this will he go or will he stay and at no time that I can remember have we been dragged through this every time there is a managerial vacancy. I think the best way to move forward and bring some stability to the club would be to sack Lambert. At least it would be over and done with and we can then spend days trying to work out who the next man will be and get very excited about it as opposed to everyone being depressed.

Food for thought?

[quote user="dj"]I am fed up with all this will he go or will he stay and at no time that I can remember have we been dragged through this every time there is a managerial vacancy. I think the best way to move forward and bring some stability to the club would be to sack Lambert. At least it would be over and done with and we can then spend days trying to work out who the next man will be and get very excited about it as opposed to everyone being depressed. Food for thought?[/quote]

Not really a good idea to cut your nose off to spite your face.

We would''t get a penny in compensation either.