Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

End Of Season Dinner - Key Points

Lambert is here in a very good mood!

Seats will be installed in the hotel corner that will increase the capacity to 28,000 seats.

All external debt will be paid off at the end of next season regardless of the league we are in.

Bowkett and McNally are going tooth and nail to keep Lambo and the playing staff.

That''s about it at the moment!

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Lambert is here in a very good mood! Seats will be installed in the hotel corner that will increase the capacity to 28,000 seats. All external debt will be paid off at the end of next season regardless of the league we are in. Bowkett and McNally are going tooth and nail to keep Lambo and the playing staff. That''s about it at the moment![/quote]

Sounds very promising, lets hope it all works out

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Lambert is here in a very good mood!

Seats will be installed in the hotel corner that will increase the capacity to 28,000 seats.

All external debt will be paid off at the end of next season regardless of the league we are in.

Bowkett and McNally are going tooth and nail to keep Lambo and the playing staff.

That''s about it at the moment![/quote]Any idea when?

Were the comments made as part of a general question and answer session and if so was Lambert in attendance?

I do think one massive factor in all of this is that his mentor didn''t leave Villa in entirely happy circumstances and I think this would be significant.

However if theLiverpool job was to become available.....................? 

The corner will be complete before the start of next season, so a few months. McNally said this openly in his speech. Lambert was hilarious tonight, it was great to see him having banter with the players.

Out of interest, do you know who won the players'' player of the season? and other awards? The only awards I know of is Holt won the Barry Butler...thanks

Love it, love it, all good:)

Glad PL seems in a good mood - I wonder if he''s been told that next summer 2013 he''ll have much more to play with budget-wise if debt is paid off and we survive again.

Capacity getting bigger, debts totally paid off, bigger budget, all awesome and the way we need to be going..very excited (even if people are still thinking that PL will leave)

I have a feeling PL, Martinez and Rodgers will all be at their current clubs next season and want to build on this season. Don''t know why, but just feel that Villa might go abroad for manager

Oh and I forgot to mention. In McNally''s speech he said that they are running out of room to fit new seats into the ground, hence the corner near the hotel. They said they wanted to do it for a while, but the hotel were playing hard ball. As we are running out of seats they have asked the UEA to do a feasability report on expanding/building a new stand in place. He didn''t want to sacrifice our position in the Premier League for a bigger stadium until we are more established.

anyone got any videos of the dinner and speeches, i remember someone put some stuff up on youtube last year

Certainly wouldn''t want the club to sacrifice our Premier League status either - has to be the priority each season.

Very exciting to hear about expansion and extra seats though and a nice distraction from this ''PL leaving'' negative cr*p. Chuffed to hear the club will be debt free by this time next year as well! Mega turnaround from over £20m debt and brink of admin:)

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[IMG]http://p.twimg.com/As49ZE1CAAAZJ4z.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Looks like that awkward moment during Changing Rooms when Lawerence Llewellen-Bowen asks "So Paul, how do you like your new sitting room, the wallpaper I particularly like"