Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

On a brighter note, nice to see Waller's up to his old tricks

Who listened to the game today?  Why oh why oh why did Waller seem to think we had this mysterious 12th man called "Ward" in the first half??  After about 20 minutes I worked out it was actually Graham Stuart. 

Any clues?

Lol - I heard that too. I was frantically trying to rack my brains to think if there was anyone else (apart from Darren) called Ward...a mysterious youngster called up ahead of the 1st teamers perhaps

Yes it was good to hear how well ''Ward'', our sub keeper, adapted his game to playing wide right midfield. He apparently was in the thick of it,  tracking back as well as popping up in their box several times during the first half. It was particularly pleasing that Waller had spotted this very  late team change as Nige had obviously tried to confuse Arsenal by insisting that Ward played with  ''Stuart'' on his shirt.  Nige had hinted all week at sweeping team changes - but nobody had thought he meant  the brilliant  new tactic of the ''keeper on the wing''.

At half time though Nigel must have made a cheeky extra substitution making 4 in the match in total, giving up the extra goalkeeper, because Waller then called it as Stuart playing in Stuart''s shirt.   Stuart must have been sitting in Wards keepers kit all through the first half. Its a bit of luck none of the Gooners spotted this.

Its great that week after week we get such state of the art Radio Norfolk commentary as this.  Next week it is rumoured that Nige will try to pass off Ruel Fox as Stuart but I''m sure it won''t fool Waller and once again we shall hear the immortal lines '' Fox scores again for Norwich.........''. I''m beginning to wonder in fact whether Stuart has played at all this season...........maybe he''s been a succession of different players impersonating him all along.

Because of my extreme old age, I thought it must be a symptom of Alzheimer''s that I couldn''t remember the line-up. But no, it was Ramblin'' Roy. And he even thinks that Cygan is a great defender!