Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Mick Dennis on Talk Sport re Lambert situation

He says that he has spoken to all the leading "players" (metaphorically not literally) and what he said made sense to me. Basically, that Lambert and others expect him to be at Norwich next year and are planning on that basis, However, he can''t honestly make an unequivocal commitment that he will be, because he doesn''t know what he might be offered. He suggests that Villa is unlikely to interest him, in his opinion.

Seems fair enough to me and reasonably encouraging. If Liverpool came up, who could blame him for taking it or even Newcastle/ Everton by dint of some merry-go-round.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/120515/dennis-lamberts-possible-move-norwich-aston-villa-172111

Well said Mick, please don''t leave Lambo!! At least ait until we have our 35k stadium and team with England internationals in.

Are Liverpool going to want Lambert? He''s only had one year of premier league experience remember, no experience of managing big name players, and no European experience. If they get rid of Dalglish, I don''t think it will be for anyone other than a big, big name.

And Everton/Newcastle - Liverpool unlikely to appoint Moyes surely, and why would Pardew leave Newcastle for Liverpool at the moment?

Villa the only team who are even remotely likely to take Lambert from us this summer, and even on that I''ve got to agree with Mick Dennis here, it doesn''t seem too likely in my opinion.

I was thinking along similar lines Aggy. Better to stay a year or two and move to Liverpool, Spurs or Newcastle than start again at Villa? No move is better than the wrong move in career terms.

How on earth do the Daily Mirror know Lambert is interested in moveing to Villa, and like the way Villa are set up,?

Rumours are circulating that if Dalglish has gone, then Benitez is their first choice to replace him.Guess some people want endless rafatation of the squad back again...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Rumours are circulating that if Dalglish has gone, then Benitez is their first choice to replace him.Guess some people want endless rafatation of the squad back again...[/quote]If i was a Liverpool fan i would want him back in a heart beat. They have just gone into decline since he left, spending endless money and moving backwards. At least Benetez had a good squad, even if it was mostly spanish. Not sure if a manger should ever return to his old stomping ground though, although things couldn''t get too much worse for Liverpool at the moment, i think Benetez could rejuvenate them again, sure he would want to spend some money abroad though. On another note, anyone boycotting the euro''s with me if Downing gets taken?