Sign in to follow this  
willo2

Players called in for meeting at 10am....

....So says Pilks on Twitter....Now, maybe standard end of season protocol, but could be....He says, putting tin hat on and exiting stage left......I''m sure there are the usual "People in the know" on here, so sit back and enjoy..

I heard about this froma reliable source at the club. The following is gospel truth.

The players have called a meeting the complained about the new strip that it was itchy and they didnt like the fabric softner used. Lambert is demanding that the club use Tesco own band fabric softner or he is walking out and joining Villa.

U heard if hear first.

He never said it was a players meeting, just that he had a meeting at 10. Could be anywhere about anything!

Well if it was on Twitter it must be true as after all the only more reliable source for facts is this messageboard ! [:''(]

Probably standard pre-close season meeting? Fitness programmes and personal targets, confirmation of when pre-season starts, where the tour will be etc etc, dates for the 12/13 Sky TV shoot, that sort of thing.

Guess contracts as well-who is going, who is staying. We like to get players in early so guess we offer the same privilige to those we are not retaining, gives them time to get themselves fixed up with a new club.

Or, of course, it could be an hour, two hour meeting with major annoucements made and a press conference to follow!!

[quote user="willo2"]....So says Pilks on Twitter....Now, maybe standard end of season protocol, but could be....He says, putting tin hat on and exiting stage left......I''m sure there are the usual "People in the know" on here, so sit back and enjoy..[/quote]You''re right to put the tin hat on because you''re stirring things for no reason.  All Pilkington said was that he was called in for a meeting, he didn''t mention anything about the rest of the players.I would imagine it is a contract thing.

Nah, the Canary mascot is leaving to turn into a giant hot dog mascot (with ketchup, Colmans mustard AND onions) at Villa!

Can''t believe he''s gonna leave us!:(

[quote user="ting tong"]

I heard about this froma reliable source at the club. The following is gospel truth.

The players have called a meeting the complained about the new strip that it was itchy and they didnt like the fabric softner used. Lambert is demanding that the club use Tesco own band fabric softner or he is walking out and joining Villa.

U heard if hear first.

[/quote]

I heard that the club were going to use Morrisons , but as we all know a certain player doesn''t like Morrisons and another might have been using Morrisons too much .

Lets be honest, it''s probably Waitrose fabric softener. Delia does star in their adverts after all.

On a serious note, looks like individual meetings. Ryan Bennett tweeted 3 minutes ago:

@Ryan_Bennett4

"good night at the awards last night! now for meeting and home time to rest!"

[quote user="Jack Slicer"]McNally to announce that he is leaving for Aston Villa ?...[/quote]

Lambert says his search for a new Chief Exec starts now...[;)]

I am fairly confident this is just the usual end of season procedure in which players/management will talk about the future and what not.

So, I''m guessing by the end of the week we will know who is staying and who is departing from the club. I hope we do keep Whitbread, although he''s said he wants to stay so hopefully all is good!

[quote user="AJ"]I am fairly confident this is just the usual end of season procedure in which players/management will talk about the future and what not. So, I''m guessing by the end of the week we will know who is staying and who is departing from the club. I hope we do keep Whitbread, although he''s said he wants to stay so hopefully all is good![/quote]

All good if that is the case as surely the club would not let team Lambert make decisions on who stays and who goes if they suspect he might be offski!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Could this just be players being told the crack in general, or will there be some discussions on personal situations?

[/quote]They''re probably just sorting out the details for the end of season p*ss up......

Just heard that Josh Dawkin has also been called to a meeting.

Seems that everyone is being spoken too individually. Standard end of season stuff by the sound of it.

Still, it offers an interesting (if very slight) insight into how the players are managed: all of them being kept in the loop concerning overall plans, whilst catering to and dealing with their individual needs and issues.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Just heard that Josh Dawkin has also been called to a meeting.

Seems that everyone is being spoken too individually. Standard end of season stuff by the sound of it.

Still, it offers an interesting (if very slight) insight into how the players are managed: all of them being kept in the loop concerning overall plans, whilst catering to and dealing with their individual needs and issues.[/quote]It also makes you wonder that if individual players are still being dealt with as it were.  Lambert is very much still at the helm.  If he was off, you''d think it''d be left for MR X to sort out.

There''s still one game left to play so they can''t all pack up their buckets and spades just yet.

Apart from Drury who was told by Lambert last night he had been dropped for it.

Just heard that Matt Ball has been released. Apparently, he has just announced it on twitter. Shame to see him go and good luck to him- always a very professional young man.

This seems to prove that these meetings cover contract talks- so, Lambert''s involved.

Also, just heard from my lil'' bro that Richard Brindley ''feels really confident about my [his] future all of a sudden'' (or something to that effect).

Obviously been told that he can stay and given words of encouragement by Lambert- perhaps he''s in his plans for next season?

Interesting stuff.

Yet again someone has typed wrong information again, now I cant really be arsed to go onto twitter and see what Pilkington really said but it would be nice if people just typed the facts and not give out wrong info.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Also, just heard from my lil'' bro that Richard Brindley ''feels really confident about my [his] future all of a sudden'' (or something to that effect). Obviously been told that he can stay and given words of encouragement by Lambert- perhaps he''s in his plans for next season? Interesting stuff.[/quote]

Good bit of postive news.Cheers[Y]

Saw a few of the players cars parked at Carrow Road this morning...unless they''d just left them there from the awards dinner last night?!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Also, just heard from my lil'' bro that Richard Brindley ''feels really confident about my [his] future all of a sudden'' (or something to that effect). Obviously been told that he can stay and given words of encouragement by Lambert- perhaps he''s in his plans for next season? Interesting stuff.[/quote]

[/quote]

I could, of course, be wrong in my assumption of what his tweet means. We''re all just feeling around in the dark, after all.

[quote user="Militant Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote] I could, of course, be wrong in my assumption of what his tweet means. We''re all just feeling around in the dark, after all.[/quote]

But we haven''t had any of the usual  " Paul Lambert was seen in the Birmingham branch of a leading estate agent/bank/car dealer/Asda earlier today" sort of guff yet.  So he must be staying at Norwich.......

[quote user="Largey24"]Saw a few of the players cars parked at Carrow Road this morning...unless they''d just left them there from the awards dinner last night?![/quote]What angle was Lamberts car?? WHAT ANGLE???!!!!!!![:O]