Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Carroll has made the England squad according to Fourth Official on Twitter

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Carroll has picked up in the last few weeks and is a proper handful when he is in the mood, so I wouldn''t begrudge him a place over Holt.Zamora, on the other hand... Surely he can''t make the squad?But anyway, whoever is in, let us not forget that a team is always greater than the sum of its parts, and us Norwich fans should know better than anyone. It is this reason that I personally wouldn''t take Terry, even though as an individual he would easily be worthy of a place.[/quote]wow- that''s the only reason I WOULD take Terry. I think as a player he well off international pace these days but footballers seem to like him- even if he is a complete scumbag.[/quote]He is adored by Chelsea fans and players, but after the racism row and the Bridge scandal, he is bound to have made some enemies, and even two or three could cause serious disruption.

Have to say diddnt expect Holt to go but Zamora over him really? Maybe a couple of years ago when he was bang in form for Fulham but hes done nothing since hes come back from that long injury lay off and from what you read hes been very poor for QPR so far. I guess I can accept Carroll going as he has done well as of late and other than rooney and perhaps welbeck theres not alot else about and if your gonna take four strikers Holt should be in the reckoning ahead of Zamora. good choice not taking Rio as he is too slow these days but dont think terry should go either as he has shown he isnt at good at the highest level as he used to be and hes made some big mistakes against the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool this season; Really think we should be giving the likes of Cahill, Jones maybe even lescott as these are the ones who will probably be playing for england over the next few years so may aswell get them in a major tournament environment asap

Oh this will be good if true. Go on Woy, please explain why you are taking ''2 goals since Jan/out of form/playing for a crap side'' Zamora, over ''9 goals in the same period/definately in form/ playing for a forward looking team'' Holt?

It''s never about giving people a second chance surely? FFS this is a major tournament, not a time to be putting arms round shoulders as a sentimental favour.

If this is true, then it goes hand in hand with Woy''s appointment as a ''job for the boys''. I have no respect for him after the home game against WBA, and his one eyed comments on the Vaughan mouth breaker, and this will add fuel to my thoughts.

[quote user="flecky76"]NO CROUCH AT LEAST![/quote]

He would be my second choice after Rooney

If Carroll has made it into the squad, then a horrible example is being set - play $hit all season and get picked for your country...and ahead of other players who have performed strongly and well consistently throughout.2 decent games at the end of the season is not a justification for selection, nor is playing well a year ago. Whilst I don''t doubt Carroll has the ability, his form has been nowhere near good enough to justify a place, and it makes a mockery of the side when players who have performed are overlooked.

Just seen this, sounds like more evidence to support Holt''s inclusion in the squad.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4318600/SunSport-crunches-the-numbers-to-discover-a-stat-tastic-England-squad.html

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]If Carroll has made it into the squad, then a horrible example is being set - play $hit all season and get picked for your country...and ahead of other players who have performed strongly and well consistently throughout.2 decent games at the end of the season is not a justification for selection, nor is playing well a year ago. Whilst I don''t doubt Carroll has the ability, his form has been nowhere near good enough to justify a place, and it makes a mockery of the side when players who have performed are overlooked.[/quote]And both those games against the same team.  Not forgetting the fact that Chelsea completely changed the squad for the match at Anfield last Tuesday.It''s a joke that Carroll is in if we are basing this on form.  I can understand that he is ''one for the future'' and it will probably be good experience for him to go but at the same time it is a farce that someone with such a poor goalscoring record can be called up.  Likewise if Downing is in the squad.Zamora?  If he is in I''ve lost all faith.

If I was to pick an Engalnd 11 though I''d go for;

Hart

K.Walker  J.Terry  G.Cahill  A.Cole

P.Scholes  M.Carrick 

A.O-Chm    Gerrard     A.lennon

Holt  

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

If I was to pick an Engalnd 11 though I''d go for;

Hart

K.Walker  J.Terry  G.Cahill  A.Cole

P.Scholes  M.Carrick 

A.O-Chm    Gerrard     A.lennon

Holt  

[/quote]

I should add this is whilst Rooney is suspended!

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Zamora has been mentioned [:@]This obvious anti- Norwich stance is really starting to grate

[/quote]Paranoid much?

Talksport now reporting that both Holt and Crouch have been left out. I GURANTEE that if Holt had scored 17 goals playing for United, Citeh, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and probably Everton and Newcastle, he''d be included. I''m gutted for him that his chance has gone, based purely on the fact that he plays for us. It''s going to end up causing us problems with transfers too. Do you go and play 15 games a season for Everton and get your England call up, or play 38 for Norwich and get overlooked?

I genuinely thought Hodgson would be different, especially as he wasn''t the big name expected to get the managers job, but no, once again it''s the old pals act coupled with big team bias. Unbelieveable.

Take a look at Englands top 11 strikers this season and their goals per game ratio and try and justify why Holt hasn''t been included:

Rooney:   35 goals in 43 appearances = 0.813 goals per game playing for United 

Holt:        17 goals in 38 appearances = 0.447 goals per game playing for Norwich

Defoe:     17 goals in 38 appearances = 0.447 goals per game playing for Tottenham  

Bent:       10 goals in 25 appearances = 0.400 goals per game playing for Villa 

Graham:   14 goals in 39 appearances = 0.358 goals per game playing for Swansea

Crouch:    14 goals in 41 appearances = 0.341 goals per game playing for Stoke 

Johnson:   11 goals in 34 appearances = 0.323 goals per game playing for Fulham 

Welbeck:  12 goals in 38 appearances = 0.307 goals per game playing for United  

Sturridge:  13 goals in 43 appearances = 0.302 goals per game playing for Chelsea 

Zamora:      9 goals in 43 appearances = 0.209 goals per game playing for Fulham/QPR

Carroll:       9 goals in 47 appearances = 0.191 goals per game playing for Liverpool

Until we get a manager who has the balls to pick players that are in form rather than the club they play for, or their past reputation we will continue to under achieve.

Rumours now coming in that the wing wizard himself, Mr zero goals and Zero assissts, Stewart Downing has also made the squad.Laughing my t1ts off - England, your football team means nothing to me!!

I will be so gutted for Holt if Carroll or Zamora gets in ahead of him. It just shows that they think more about what club they play for than how well they perform. Holt has been very consistent over the season where as Carroll has only showed signs of playing well the last 4-5 games if that, the rest of the season he has been a total and utter cart horse who could not hit a barn door.

I for one will not be supporting England as much as I use to If Carroll plays, esp if he misses lots of chance.

Hands up who thought things would be different under Hodgson, listen Holt would not get it if he had scored 50 this season, Carroll is a joke, well come on he did play well for half hour in the cup final. This England squad will be like all the others, Failures and i for one wont be rushing to watch the games.