Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

USELESS!!

Useles. Yeah I know it''s Arsenal and I didn''t expect us to win - as I said yesterday, I wasn''t bothered about the result, it was obvious we would get thrashed - but i''m talking about Worthington''s shocking negativity in terms of team selection and tatics.

What have we been hearing in the press all week? ''We won''t be going there and shutting up shop'', ''we''re going to go for the win'' etc etc. Right that''s all well and good - but field a team that at least has a BIT of a chance of getting anything from the game. But no, he fields the same team for who knows how many weeks it''s been now, despite the fact that he said in the press he would be making changes. I don''t even know why  i''m typing this because it won''t change and it just annoys me so much! 

Just what will it take for it to sink in for Worthy?

I like your signing off message Alex ''Championship Champions 2006'' but I hope you are not counting your chickens before they have hatched or tempting fate.  It will be very hard and certainly not a walk in the park.  Will very much depend who we can keep at the club and who we bring in.  Apart from Shackell and Drury the defence has got to be completely changed with maybe a couple of midfielders as well.  Have we got the money - we''ll have to wait and see.

As for todays game I think it was the first time that I can remember watching a film instead of the goals as they go in such was my confidence today in City getting anything.  Turned on the Sky channel for the full time results and my choice of viewing was completely vindicated.  With Ipswich winning as well looks like this could be our worst season for many a year.    

Lost for words that the team was again unchanged . Safri , Doherty , Helveg , Jonson , Charlton all fit . The question is Mr Worthington just why did you sign these players ???????? . And i doubt any of them will want to be here next season after the way they have been treated. Sorry Worthy but you really have not got a clue.

I cannot believe that Holt, Stuart, Edworthy and Fleming started the match yet again. What have they got to do to get dropped - can they play any worse? If ever there was a game to bring in fresh faces it was today, when we knew that we''d be beaten by world-class players - so why not try some different players today (Helveg/Safri/McVeigh/Doherty/Charlton, to name some to choose from). Worthington''s short-sightedness / stubbornness / stupidity - call it what you want - is really starting to make me angry now. If he mentions work rate or commitment in the post-match interviews, I''m going to have to throw my TV out of the window. I am very, very close to wanting another Manager at the Club, not just because of the results but because Worthy refuses to change things match after match - he''s run out of ideas. This year has been a real mess, not just with the Premiership, but with the summer signings, who may as well have stayed at their original clubs for all of the games they''re getting. If he does not change things for the United match, he''s definitely got to go. 

I dont come on these boards often but after just getting back from highbury and reading this rubbish from all your supporters who have given up and cant be bothered with the result etc. i have had to post this:

How can you criticise a team when a: you were not there to see the game and b: you havent even seen the action yet to judge who was to blame for goals etc.

As I said I went to the game and the whole team did myself and the travelling fans proud. Yes Henry scored 3 goals but no defender in the mid to bottom range of prem teams could do anything to stop him.  As you say we knew we probably wouldnt win today but we gave it our all and any defender would struggle against Henry and the co.

I agree maybe change fleming and holt but to blame them today is beyond belief. Arsenal were good but 4-1 was generous and we played very well.  So next time please wait until you blame the players and management because today there was nothing else we could have done.

Rant over do any other fans who attended the game today agree with me??

1. I was not blaming the players named for today''s performance, but the previous dozen or so in which they have been awful.

2. Having watched the whole game, I saw that they were awful again today.

I do Nielson, but you come to expect these kind of knee jerk reactions on this board now everytime we lose... even if we are playing the current champions.

Anyone who thinks playing Helveg instead of Eddy and Safri instead of Holt from the start would have made the slightest bit of difference to the scoreline is kidding themselves. We''d have still lost, and we''d have still lost by 4.

Norwich as a team - managers, coaching staff, playing staff, and finance wise are not strong enough to survive in the Premiership. They''re giving it a good go but we will go down. People just can''t accept that and seem to think that if Gary Holt is dropped we will suddenly become a mid-table side. These type of threads embarras me

[quote]I dont come on these boards often but after just getting back from highbury and reading this rubbish from all your supporters who have given up and cant be bothered with the result etc. i have had to ...[/quote]

Yes I think we accounted for ourselves very well and the team worked hard and the support was fantastic.If you beat Bayern Munich clap your hands!Yes we were always going to face an uphill task but at times we were looking a good side and I think it was a good day out.

[quote]I dont come on these boards often but after just getting back from highbury and reading this rubbish from all your supporters who have given up and cant be bothered with the result etc. i have had to ...[/quote]

Neilson; This thread isn''t commenting on what happened today on the field, it''s commenting on what happened OFF it. Worthington as a manager is naieve and fundamentally flawed in his tactical ability; why stick with a team that has lost repeatedly when we have untried alternates with potential? Why play players when we have proven internationals who have barely scraped into the team? Why have we got a very highly scoring international striker playing either on the bench or right wing?

These are just a handful of dozens of questions that any follower of Norwich - whether they attend matches or not - have.

I''ve supported the club since i was 8, so that''s 12 years now, nowhere near as long as some people on this board, but long enough to have been to plenty of matches in the past - just because we weren''t at the game doesn''t mean we can''t see where things are going wrong - it doersn''t mean we''re not ''real'' supporters - and also doesn''t mean that we don''t have the best interests of the club! We are all supporters, just like you.

"rant over"

And as for Fleming did you see that awful attempt at a jump in order to nick the ball off Lundberg for his goal.  My 12 year old could have jumped higher than that.