Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Should Lambert go then any of these would do!

No one on here thinks they can do a good job and know better than Lambert. Anyone who think that is brian dead.

Lambert won''t be leaving, but i''d go for Robinson or if we wanted experience Benitez (If he doesn''t go to Villa, what other job could he get in England?)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No one on here thinks they can do a good job

and know better than Lambert. Anyone who think that is brian dead.

[/quote]I''ve never met Brian Dead, but he sounds rather big headed.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Ian culverhouse surely would have a GREAT chance IF and thats a BIG IF, he didn''t follow Lambo???[/quote]

I was chatting to a friend a few weeks back who works within the Ncfc family, i''ve known him for a good few years and i know he wouldn''t say anything that would put his job in jeopardy but when discussing our season in the Prem he did champion the role of Cully within the management set up saying how he plays a major in the formations, tactics, training and often spots things in games before Lambert does and so on.

We all know Lambert is the main man, the motivator but if he decided to leave and Culverhouse wanted to stay and take the job on i for one would be happy with it, at least we may still keep the same team spirit and work ethic that maybe lost if a total stranger walked through the Colney door.

Time will tell.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No one on here thinks they can do a good job and know better than Lambert. Anyone who think that is brian dead.

Lambert won''t be leaving, but i''d go for Robinson or if we wanted experience Benitez (If he doesn''t go to Villa, what other job could he get in England?)[/quote]That would be an unfortunate name to have lolFrom numerous posts on here some people do think they know better Gingepele

Slaven Bilic would have been great but just became manager at Lokomotiv Moscow.

I''m really stuck, nobody grabs my attention, they all just feel so boring and average.

Succesful management seems to be a partnership/teamwork issue. At Norwich we have had Ken Brown/Mel Machin, Mike Walker/John Deehan,Nigel Wothington/Steve Foley. on a wider scale Joe Mercer/Malcolm Allison, Brian Clough/Peter Taylor, Alex Ferguson + one of Brian Kidd,Archie Knox, Steve McClaren. Split them up, promote the assistant and it never quite works  and the assistant ain''t as good on his own.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Those championing Malky Mackay need to long at the hoofball brand of football his cardiff side play!

[/quote]which got them to the playoffs and the league cup final....It seems succesful stuff.

Sorry, but I don''t rate Bruce, and I doubt whether Hughton is up to it. Poyet might do the job, - he has done well where he is, but would he have enough ideas at Premiership level?

I''m afraid that I don''t think any of the aforementioned names would "do." I agree with the sentiment that we should also be aiming pretty high. Unlike when Lambert took over, managing Norwich City is now a  plumb job.

Bruce has repeatedly proven that he''s all talk and no results. Just look at how much more that Martin O''Neil has got out of the same Sunderland team this season.

Hughton has done a decent job wherever he''s been but I would suggest that he just lack a bit of charisma to lead a Premier League club. You could also argue that Birmingham really should have been contesting the top two spots in the Championship this season, rather than settling for the play-offs and then promptly surrendering to a much more modest Blackpool side.

Poyet just strikes me as a bit of a knob I''m afraid. His comments in the wake of the whole Suarez thing were pretty appalling.

My choice would be Brian McDermott. He''s got two seasons of tremendous results at Reading despite having a modest budget to work with and at a comparatively small club. He also seems to be a shrewd, modest and wise sort of chap, much like Lambert in fact. Judging by the long unbeaten runs that his side have had in both of the last two seasons, he obviously instils a lot in his players too. You could argue that he''d take some persuading to leave a half-done job at Reading, but we have an extra year in the Premier League and all the money that goes with it, as well as a bigger ground and fanbase and he might be game for a step up. I think that the board would see him as fitting the "young and hungry" mould that has served them so in the recent player signings as well as in Lambert.

Let''s just hope that this proves to be the biggest non-debate ever when Lambert signs a fifteen year contract next week