Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Should Lambert go then any of these would do!

Steve Bruce

Gus Poyet

Chris Hughton

In that order!

Those championing Malky Mackay need to long at the hoofball brand of football his cardiff side play!

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Steve Bruce

Gus Poyet

Chris Hughton

In that order!

Those championing Malky Mackay need to long at the hoofball brand of football his cardiff side play!

[/quote]only one I would even consider out of that quartet would be Poyet - possibly.

I''d have a look at Hughton but what has Steve Bruce really ever done in management?!?. I''m not sure about Poyet, might be a bit of a loose cannon??, remember too that he would quite possibly want to bring with him that little Ipswich sh!tebag Taricco with him?!?.

I would be against MacKay necessessarily but I genuinly believe that we can attract better at the moment.

Wouldn''t really be that keen on any of them to be honest. Poyet had quite a lot of money to spend on his team and despite a good start ended up midtable in a fairly average Championship. Brighton also took a number of heavy defeats which show some tactical naivety, something we cannot afford.

Steve Bruce is... well Steve Bruce, he''s spent an awful lot of money to achieve very little at a number of clubs.

Hughton I just find to be a bit boring. Birmingham have been very average whenever I''ve watched them.

Not sure who I''d want to replace him, I just want Lambert to stay....

Bruce proved that he could not motivate a squad at Sunderland. He would be an awful choice IMO.

Please say your joking. I would rather we get Roeder back in than Di Canio.

What about a German manager? Lambert''s always going on about how important what he learnt there was, maybe they''d be able to bring the same approach

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I''d have a look at Hughton but what has Steve Bruce really ever done in management?!?. I''m not sure about Poyet, might be a bit of a loose cannon??, remember too that he would quite possibly want to bring with him that little Ipswich sh!tebag Taricco with him?!?.

I would be against MacKay necessessarily but I genuinly believe that we can attract better at the moment.

[/quote]He broke my heart 10 years ago.

Hughton would be the outstanding candidate from those 4 mentioned for me. He has done well with Birmingham considering they were pretty much selling anything that moved when he took over. He would also bring great experience and would calm things right down because there would be inevitable hysteria should Lambert leave. I think he would be a safe and solid appointment should the worst happen.

Not Bruce!

Hughton, though, would be an excellent choice IMO. Very impressed with him when he was at Newcastle.

Karl Robinson would be good for us I reckon. Big step up but he plays the right way to suit us and also recognises that he needs an experienced number 2.

[quote user="87canary"]STEVE BRUCE? REALLY?! Please god no.[/quote]

Seconded

[quote user="Jem"]

Seconded

[/quote]Thirded.You can shove your Steve Bruce up your ar*e lol.

"Karl Robinson would be good for us I reckon. Big step up but he plays the right way to suit us and also recognises that he needs an experienced number 2. "

I second this one.

We stick to our ethos great attacking football and employ the best up and coming talent and support them.

We are going to be needing players from the lower leagues so any appointment is going to have to know them also.

At the moment its all money and we cannot compete so lets stick to ethos and method and make sure if Lambert is off we get top dollar.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jem"]

Seconded

[/quote]Thirded.You can shove your Steve Bruce up your ar*e lol.[/quote]Fourthed, if that''s even a word.  I''d rather have Jack Bruce, and he''s a dead bass player.

I''m with you CTID, Ian and Paul are a bit of a double-act but not all no2s want to stay that way (unlike Mark Bowen/Mike Phelan, either of which could also do a job). You do feel that they would probably go together if it did come about, though.

Obvious isn''t it - Pep Guardiola. Sir Paul was out there a few weeks ago, tipped Pep off that he would soon be moving on and told him to get out of that dead loss job in Barcelona so he could jump into a great job in Norfolk at the end of the season. Even as we speak Pep''s looking for Norfolk in his Atlas and is ready to book his plane ticket - to Virginia! 

I can''t believe anyone would put it in the terms that the OP has.

"Any of these would do" Do? DO???!!!!!

FFS - words fail me thank god.