Sign in to follow this  
peewees dad

Lambert

[quote user="peewee''s dad"]''This Tosser'' is a journalist on a national newspaper and the source is genuine.

The reason I have so few posts is that I only bother when there is something to say - and I am more than 90 per cent it is accurate.

I only hope that nothing comes of it.[Tosser=journalist sounds about right. ]You have now been discredited well did you have any anyhow ? Nah

Absolutely, we''ve done our part as fans. We sung his name from game to game all season.

I''m not going to get offensive at the OP because frankly I can''t be bothered, but I don''t get the obsession with people revealing their sources and all this lark.

If he goes, he goes. It''s been a great ride nonetheless.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"][quote user="morty"]My point proved.
[/quote] The technical term here is ZING. Well said Morty.[/quote]

We all know that theres uncertainty, we''re not either naive, or burying our heads in the sand.

But, like I say, its like some folks revel in trying to create misery. If Lambert goes theres not a damn thing any of us can do about it, but going out of your way to make people miserable about it, before its even happened, is justTw@ty.
[/quote]

Well said Morty...he has been massive for this club & I would be sorry to see him go....but at the end of the day he will do what he wants......I will just be thankful we had him & give 100% support to the new manager(unless it was Mick Macarthy, or Colin in which case I wouldnt cross the road to watch Norwich or support the club until they left)

actually I''m hating every moment of this.

I felt sick when I was told. The only thing I could think of was to share it with fellow Norwich fans.

If we were middle americans, I''m sure we''d all be praying.

As it is all I''m doing is hoping that he has a long chat with Martin O''Neill - and that he will be convinced that Villa is not the place to be.

[quote user="step"]He has split up from his Wife hasnt he, thought they still were up in Scotland ![/quote]Oh. Yes, just looked that up.Ignore me.

If he did go to Villa this summer, he will be out of a job by January! This has Mike Walker written all over it, best he does a Martinez and learn his trade here, wait for a real big club to come along, it will if he stays here for another season.

So far Lamber has had the full backing of his players, players who don''t have that big Ego which comes with clubs like Villa. Norwich players appear to be humble and appreciate the chance they have beem given, can''t say the same of Villa''s players.

But what will be will be as said earlier, but I believe this to be total dross as the compensation alone would cost Villa 3-4 million, money better spent on players and wage bill they have. Curbishley or an out of work manager will get that for me.

Alright lads

Aston Villa supporter here. I found a link to this particular thread on one of our forum''s.

Just thought i''d inform you that a good friend of mine is in direct contact with Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner as he does a lot of marketing work at the club and Paul Lambert will NOT be the next Villa manager. I''m 100% certain of this and i believe the so called journalist either has been given some wrong info or is simply talking out of his arse!

All the best for next season.

Fair play, best of luck to you whatever.

I love Lambert but feel you''ll go for someone more established. One season in Prem, feel we''re more likely to lose him next Summer, see if he''s the real deal or not.

"''This Tosser'' is a journalist on a national newspaper".

Why on earth would the journalist pass on a scoop like this, for a friend to divulge on a little forum like this, when he and the paper could instead have gone nationwide with it? The sort of thing that would get you fired or miss out on a bonus.

It makes absolutely no sense and is therefore 99.9% complete attention-seeking nonsense.

The only chance of this being true is if, by sheer coincidence, Villa have contacted Norwich anyway. That would still not mean any actual insight, though, on the OP''s part.

All the journos were saying Harry was a shoe-in for the England job anyway.

I''d trust the ancient cheese I''ve got in the fridge before them. Even if I''m trying to make it as a journo myself...

Would this be the same Paul Lambert I saw at 1.30pm driving on the bypass by Colney?

[quote user="dunsmore"]

Alright lads

Aston Villa supporter here. I found a link to this particular thread on one of our forum''s.

Just thought i''d inform you that a good friend of mine is in direct contact with Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner as he does a lot of marketing work at the club and Paul Lambert will NOT be the next Villa manager. I''m 100% certain of this and i believe the so called journalist either has been given some wrong info or is simply talking out of his arse!

[/quote]

Someone has got to ask this. Why is the Aston Villa chief executive so careless as to share that kind of information with someone who doesn''t even work for the club, let alone working on the football side? Leaving aside various other questions, such as if it is known for certain that it isn''t Lambert then presumably it is known who it is, and how come the decison has been made when Lerner - who presumably will have the final word - has only just flown in to oversee the process? Love and peace and all that, but...

[quote user="peewees dad"]I have heard from a very good source that Paul Lambert is talking to Villa today along with assistants. The word is that he has been offered £200,000 more than he gets at Norwich. Worse. If he goes his first signing could be Holt. Let''s hope it''s not a done deal. Come on Delia. If ever there was a time to dig deep it is now.[/quote]

Thats strange I heard he was at Colney at lunchtime [:)] and why you''re here which member of the Villa board rang you to discuss what wages they had offered him?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="dunsmore"]

Alright lads

[/quote]

Someone has got to ask this. Why is the Aston Villa chief executive so careless as to share that kind of information with someone who doesn''t even work for the club, let alone working on the football side? Leaving aside various other questions, such as if it is known for certain that it isn''t Lambert then presumably it is known who it is, and how come the decison has been made when Lerner - who presumably will have the final word - has only just flown in to oversee the process? Love and peace and all that, but...

[/quote]Well I want to believe this enough to say that the chief exec may know that the owner has set parameters that would exclude Lambo... experience level etc?

Lerner wasn''t even in the country last year when Alex Mcleish was appointed, Paul Faulkner runs the club on a day to day basis. I trust my source 100%, i wouldnt put this info on a Villa forum because i''d get absolute dogs abuse but i can assure you it is the truth and Lambert isn''t coming to Villa.

I know that Paul Faulkner is actually a Norwich City fan so maybe he contacted the club about the availability of Lambert and was told he wasnt interested or he simply wasnt on the shortlist, that information i wasnt told.

[quote user="dunsmore"]

Alright lads

[/quote]

I love you.

Yesterday McNally made a public statement that he would fight to keep Paul Lambert and players; he even animated it with having a pair of boxing gloves off!

The last thing I xpect after that is a back door departure where we only hear when Lambert was gone. I expect the Club to be vocal and public about their dealings if only to show they did their utmost or gained the best outcome.

Without such a process all wind ups like this are easily dismissed.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Yesterday McNally made a public statement that he would fight to keep Paul Lambert and players; he even animated it with having a pair of boxing gloves off! [/quote]Actually, Archant illustrated it with a picture they took for their 2010-11 season preview magazine nearly two years ago. Page 8 if anyone else still has it lying around. Sorry to sound like a broken record today.

Apologies if I''m wrong peewee''s dad but you have to admit that from an outsiders viewpoint you are more likely to be an Ipswich supporter hoping to cause mischief and distress rather than a journalist with insider information.

I think extremely few posters on this message board will be moved by your claims.

So the original poster is trying to say the whole thing hinges on him getting an extra £200k a year. To be honest if thats the case I think the board would pretty happy to accomodate that wish. As for taking Holt with him, thats just a none starter. Surely he would take players like Howson who presumably joined Norwich because of the Lambert factor.

Villa would be a step sideways, surely another good season with us and he''ll be attracting the likes of Liverpool..

If the worst thing happened and he walked, then how about Lee Clark back as manager with Roeder as his tea boy?

[quote user="morty"]I think they do it to compensate for lack of penis inches.

[/quote]

Small Dinky syndrome, there`s a lot of it on here at the moment.[:D]

I''d surprised if Lambert left us for Villa. Sidestep. Liverpool on the other hand...

But would they appoint a manager on one years Prem experience? I don''t think so. I know they''ve had foreign managers with no Prem experience but they''ve managed in big foreign leagues.

Just can''t see him going. He''s probably having a think about things but I think he''ll be here come August.