Sign in to follow this  
peewees dad

Lambert

I have heard from a very good source that Paul Lambert is talking to Villa today along with assistants. The word is that he has been offered £200,000 more than he gets at Norwich.

Worse. If he goes his first signing could be Holt.

Let''s hope it''s not a done deal. Come on Delia. If ever there was a time to dig deep it is now.

If he goes I don''t think Holt would be top of the list to poach from us.Would expect him to look at Pilks, Howson, Tierney and Fox first.

200 grand a what, year or week? If it''s a year, then not likely at all.

And even if it''s a week, I don''t think his own personal wage means much to him anyway. If you''d said he''s going to Villa because they''ll give him an extra 20million to spend on players, I might have thought something in it. I don''t think his own wages will be the determining factor in any deal done or not done though.

Binner.

If it was £200k extra and for some inexplicable reason the club couldn''t afford it, I would wager that every one of our 20,000+ season ticket holders (how many have you got? more empty seats than fans last time I looked) would happily pay a tenner extra to keep him.

Do one.

£200k a year.

But I agree it is the budget for players that will be the deciding factor.

Let''s just cross everything and hope.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Why are you all taking this tossers O/P so seriously?

[/quote]

Dont think anyone is are they?
[/quote]

Maybe not. [|-)]

[quote user="peewees dad"]£200k a year. But I agree it is the budget for players that will be the deciding factor. Let''s just cross everything and hope.[/quote]

If you hadn''t mentioned Holt you might have got some takers.

[quote user="peewees dad"]£200k a year. But I agree it is the budget for players that will be the deciding factor. Let''s just cross everything and hope.[/quote]

And how did you get to be privy to these contract negotiations?

Was it an official approach made to Lambert?

''This Tosser'' is a journalist on a national newspaper and the source is genuine.

The reason I have so few posts is that I only bother when there is something to say - and I am more than 90 per cent it is accurate.

I only hope that nothing comes of it.

I''m not going to have a dig because that''s not productive. Simply passing on information and that''s fair enough.

But just wondering, you said he''d be getting £200k more at Villa than here, then he''d be getting £200k a year. So is he working for nothing at Norwich?

[quote user="peewees dad"]''This Tosser'' is a journalist on a national newspaper and the source is genuine.

The reason I have so few posts is that I only bother when there is something to say - and I am more than 90 per cent it is accurate.

I only hope that nothing comes of it.[/quote]Oh right.And instead of actually doing your job you decided to let us know here instead, to save buying your "newspaper"Well played[Y]

[quote user="peewees dad"]I have heard from a very good source that Paul Lambert is talking to Villa today along with assistants. The word is that he has been offered £200,000 more than he gets at Norwich.

Worse. If he goes his first signing could be Holt.

Let''s hope it''s not a done deal. Come on Delia. If ever there was a time to dig deep it is now.[/quote]Presumably the club must have given him permission to speak to them then?

He has split up from his Wife hasnt he, thought they still were up in Scotland !

"No, I meant they had offered him £200k a year more, Sorry for confusion. I was replying in short to another poster"

Okay fair enough. In a court case you''re innocent until proven guilty, so I''m applying a similar principle here! So we''ll wait and see. All being well it''s bollocks!!!

The fact is that this place is full of attention seeking bellends. Desperate for any attention they can get, whether it be negative or positive.And the smug feeling of satisfaction that they might be able to say "I told you so"Certain people here are reveling in it.

I have heard eactly the same rumour as the OP, will be gone by Friday.  Unfortunately if you do not post very often you seem to be very quickly dismissed.  My source tells me he has already said his goodbyes to many at the club

[quote user="delta bravo"]I have heard eactly the same rumour as the OP, will be gone by Friday.  Unfortunately if you do not post very often you seem to be very quickly dismissed.  My source tells me he has already said his goodbyes to many at the club
[/quote]

And the little Fairy''s come galloping up the garden. The club would have demanded very high comensation which they would not have agreed to so Lambert would not even be talking to them.  

[quote user="morty"]The fact is that this place is full of attention seeking bellends. Desperate for any attention they can get, whether it be negative or positive.And the smug feeling of satisfaction that they might be able to say "I told you so"Certain people here are reveling in it.

[/quote]

haha! Not wrong at all!

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"][quote user="morty"]My point proved.[/quote]

The technical term here is ZING. Well said Morty.[/quote]We all know that theres uncertainty, we''re not either naive, or burying our heads in the sand.But, like I say, its like some folks revel in trying to create misery. If Lambert goes theres not a damn thing any of us can do about it, but going out of your way to make people miserable about it, before its even happened, is justTw@ty.