Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Your 3 top summer transfer targets

Bertrand is a good shout, but I''m not sure if they''re using him as long-term replacement for Cole. Certainly need 2 wing-backs.

Naughton/Gunter and a left-back to cover/compete with Tierney.

Would love Frimpong as I still think the midfield needs something defensively in many games and someone a bit better technically than Bradley would be ideal.

Snodgrass to complement Howson/Hoolahan

Think Wilby will get another year, but we may get another target type player to add competition and quality. Think a pacey/flair striker too as Vaughan has question marks over his fitness and Simeon is more pace + effort instead of pace + technique/composure

Kyle Naughton if not Markus Steinhofer, plus could also raid Basel for Aleksandar Dragovic. Alex Frei also managed 24 goals, experienced at international level, bit old but you never know, may do a job.

Andy Najar from DC United, really big prospect and Lambert may be the sort of man to bring the best out of him. Jordan Rhodes scores goals for fun, he''d also be a very decent addition up front where we definitely need a hand.

Curtis Davies may be a tad pricey, I don''t know. But could help us at the back, not sure with Ward, Ayala and Whitbread are a little injury prone.

To answer this with any degree of accuracy, we need to be sure what the budget actually is. Does anyone know ? I suppose in the absence of any specific figure, we''ve got to assume that ( if he''s here !) it''ll be business as usual for Lambert . ie getting low cost/wage options in from Lge One or the Champ. That''s where Rhodes may be a problem. I guess he''ll be on his way, esp if Hudds lose to Sheff U, but he''s clearly going to be in demand, and the price may be impossible for us.

I''d agree with Bridcutt . Chris Gunter would be a very useful acquisition. And a pacy striker (Matt Phillips ?) is a must.

If there was to be a departure from PL''s tried and trusted method, then I''d say go for a top rank, experienced CD . The fact is that we''ve conceded far too many silly goals this season. We''ve got away with it this time, but, I fear that next season we may not be so lucky, and I just think that a top defender with Prem experience would help Bennett, Ayala, Zak et al . Pace is often not an issue here...more ability to read the game . A Rio Ferdinand type figure .

Kyle Naughton and Giovani dos Santos, who must surely be giving up on breaking into the Spurs team by now.

Can''t imagine PL would go for dos santos and probably cost enough pennies being at Spurs (and Barca before). Think Snodgrass is more likely his target again. You never know though. I reckon there''ll be 1 or 2 surprise targets - he likes a cheeky surprise does old PL

"Anyone from Brighton or Leeds. Purely because it''s hilarious watching their respective forums imploding!"

Particularly if we were to swoop in and stop Leeds from signing that player from Brighton.

or vice versa, which is rather more likely.

Naughton - obvious reasons

Rhodes- scored 40 goals, you can never have too many goalscorers

Fletcher

top scorer for a struggling club that was bottom of the table

surely he will be wanting premier league football again

Target 1 - Chung-Yong Lee (BOLTON)Target 2 - Martin Olsson      (BLACKBURN)Target 3 - Jay Rodriguez      (BURNLEY)Nothing to do with B'' teams3 Players i believe we should be looking at

Naughton, obvious reasons.

I was going to say Jamie Mackie, but saw on SSN this afternoon he''s signed a contract extensions so i''ll say Matt Jarvis (or Knightly, don''t know enough about them to know which is better/more realistic signing) and Steven Fletcher.

[quote user="anselin007"]
Target 1 - Chung-Yong Lee (BOLTON)
Target 2 - Martin Olsson      (BLACKBURN)
Target 3 - Jay Rodriguez      (BURNLEY)

Nothing to do with B'' teams
3 Players i believe we should be looking at
[/quote]

The Korean was hot property before his injury. Although I can''t see him hanging around at Bolton for much longer he may attract bigger fish and a big fee. Worth a try though.

Aiming for the star players of relegated sides is a bit vulture-like, but a good idea. If we don''t, others will.

Rodrigues will surely be on the move to the Prem this season, but will cost. I see QPR or Reading stretching to that, aspirants with money to burn.

[quote user="anselin007"]Target 1 - Chung-Yong Lee (BOLTON)Target 2 - Martin Olsson      (BLACKBURN)Target 3 - Jay Rodriguez      (BURNLEY)Nothing to do with B'' teams3 Players i believe we should be looking at[/quote]

You beat me to it! Lee Chung-Yong is quality (assuming he''s back to his pre-injury form), still young, fast, skilful and incredibly hard-working. Perfect player for our squad, and has been in the country a few years now so presumably the language barrier which usually seems to put PL off signing any non-English-speaking players won''t be an issue. Way too good for the Championship. Olsson would be a good shout if we can''t get Naughton, but with Kyle already being integrated into the team I''d say that''s easily worth spending the extra money on. Only concern is that Spurs may want him back more than ever now with Walker injured. Also we need a fast, skilful striker along the lines of Cisse and Ba at Newcastle - and I don''t think we''re going to find one in the lower leagues unfortunately. PL might be forced to look to European or African talent.

Plenty of other clubs have interest in Jarvis and I don''t see him coming here. Rhodes, if H''field get promoted will stay with them, if not I can see him going to one of the promoted Championship teams. So for me, it has to be - Naughton, Hoilett and Whittingham

Glad you mentioned Mackie signing a new contract GP, puts him out the running.I agree with most people about Rhodes, but do you worry he is all a bit to similar to Holt and Morrison, i know there''s not guarantee either will score more than 10 again next season and another big target man may be needed, but i would like to see a proper quick striker come in if possible. Not sure who though. Fletcher is another one i think is to similar to Holt and Morro. If wilbers is on his way out the squad then i can understand bringing in another big strong forward and then someone pacey to replace Martin too.Is it true that someone on the board announced, at one of these dinner things, that our transfer budget would be about 10 million more than it was this season?What about loan players- Mayachi (? spelling) from Arsenal seemed to do a job in a poor Bolton side, could give competition for Bennett, considering there isn''t really much atm.