Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Worthington's lost it

Official site and i quote, once again:

CITY NAME UNCHANGED LINE UP

It''s pathetic, basic football things passing him by. I don''t know if i can be bothered to listen to the unchanged line up get beat again.

First thing I have no qualms about getting beat by Arsenal, they r a class act compared to us. But as u say how can we select the same team that has failed so miserably in previous games! Can guess what his post match comments r going to be, about how pleased he was with work rate, attitude application, and all the rest of his quotes that get me so frustrated!!1

Final point, as worthy said we won’t go there and shut up shop!!

Notts Canary,

I can''t wait  to hear his post match comments, and i''m listening with anticipation to see if the script is as consistant as his team selection!

What the headline should have said is:

WORTHINGTON NAMES UNCHANGED SIDE FROM LAST SEASON!!!

Looking out onto the Highbury turf yesterday, I witnessed a team with only 2 changes from our Division 1 championship team.  Firstly an old player who is past it has replaced McVeigh/Henderson, and a young player with bags of potential but has only played Championship football so far instead of Svensson.  This, frankly, is a pathetic situation to be going to Highbury in.  The defense is arguably weaker!  Shackell has been impressive, but surely Mackay''s experience would have counted for something.

This is an appalling state of affairs, and it can only be attributed to a obvious lack of quality signings.

Gallagher/Ward - Worthy thinks are not good enough (granted, they were signed as back up)
Docherty - Worthy thinks not good enough
Charlton - Worthy thinks not good enough
Helveg - Worthy thinks is not good enough
Safri - Worthy thinks is not good enough
Jonson - Worthy thinks is not good enough

Sorry Nigel, but WHY DID YOU SIGN THEM THEN!?  A disgraceful waste of money.  When I look at it this way it makes me very angry and even consider going back to the poll post and changing my vote to "OUT".

[quote]Official site and i quote, once again: CITY NAME UNCHANGED LINE UP It''s pathetic, basic football things passing him by. I don''t know if i can be bothered to listen to the unchanged line up get b...[/quote]

I''ve been banging on about this for so long Alex, that my head hurts.

Still, we had better learn to accept it, because damn Worthy''s so thick with the directors, he''ll never go.

Be honest who would want him?, the bloke is like a rabbit staring into the headlights of a onrushing lorry....clueless.

Oh, for Burly, even Royal!, how long do you think Fleming and Holt would last under them?.

Exactly!.

What''s happened to Charlton, has he upset the manager? In the autumn he was our best defender consistently. Now he can''t even get on the bench.Yesterday the manner of Arsenal''s goals was predictable - Fleming and Edworthy not getting in tackles (instead conceded space to Henry in and around our penalty area) and getting out of position. Players less than Henry and Lunjberg, even our strikers, would have put away most of the chances!The weaknesses in defence have been discussed ad nauseam for weeks, and there seems general agreement that at the moment Fleming and Edwaorthy are not up to it. Even if we are all wrong and Worthington''s judgement is better, you would think that the recent goals conceded statistics would lead him to make some changes. He even hinted at it during the week, but no, an unchanged team.It''s no disgrace to leak goals to someone like Henry, but why did we not make it harder for him? We got no tackles in, gave him space, and the rest..... Are our defenders too slow, too timid, are just inept?