Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Does it have to be football naps? Am I allowed to join in even though it''s almost over or should I wait for the new season?

Win for Man City for me please. AS always, a huge thanks to Nutty and all you pickers who make this thread such an enjoyment each week of the season   And as always, here''s hoping for both a City and PUPs win

It''s just football Frank. You can leave a selection to help Mister Chops find six winners if you like. And come back next season[Y]

Duncan has texted me his pick which is Manchester United to win away at Sunderland. Duncan is still having issues logging on to this site and of course sends his best wishes to Mister Chops and all you PUPs.

[quote user="Frankel"]Does it have to be football naps? Am I allowed to join in even though it''s almost over or should I wait for the new season?[/quote]Yes it has to be football naps and you can join in at any time as your nap can only help the person selecting the final six.I''m trying to pick differently to anyone around me in the table soFC Basel to beat Grasshopper Club ZürichBasel are 12-2-1 at home, Grasshopper are 2-2-11 away.Good luck. [:)]

Thanks Nigel and Mr B.

Ok, I think I will choose a Tottenham victory.

I''m sure Man C should win but that seems a popular choice so I''ll get behind Spurs.

I must add I''m far from an expert! Good luck.

Good evening.This week I think Norwich will get a win against Villa. COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][;)][A][<:o)]

Arsenal to win away at West Brom for me.

Good luck mr chops and all pickers!

Also thanks to Nutty for organisation this season, hopefully we can do it all again next season.

FC Porto away win please.

My Mear Kat is trying to emulate Phil Taylor and will be on later with a pick.

Good Luck everyone :)

Evening all, This is a difficult week as much of the season is decided across Europe and home fixtures in truly competitive games is my preferred approach, and therefore my strategy is three-fold:a) use the top Pickers this season, who have both given me different choices.  Well done and congratulations to Mr. Bump and Norfolkbroadslim, a tremendous season of picking from both of you and I hope your run of form continues this week.  As I write, Bump has selected at this stage and NBS hasn''t yet posted, so it''s Bump that I''m backing in my 6 picks.b) Pick Man City against QPR to make sure 90% of this week''s picks are represented.  It would be rude not to, and here''s hoping Bolton can pull off a massive upset by winning a game of football and thereby sending QPR back to the Championship where they can take six points off the Binners next season, making everyone better off.c) Scan the European and American leagues for competitive possibilities.  I have learned a lot from doing this.  In the Bolivian league, there is a team called "The Greatest".  They are third in the league, so I''m not sure that name is working for them just yet.  Uruguay have a team called "Liverpool", and I''m not picking them so that''ll be a minute''s silence in the making.I was incidentally slightly concerned about Bore Bore Bor until I remembered Young Boys is a football team.So, here we go:Switzerland - FC Basel to beat Grasshopper Club Zürich - Bump, Bore Bore BorEngland - Man City to beat QPR - pretty much everybodyFinland - HJK Helsinki to beat KuPS Kuopio - SidWales - Llanelli to beat Aberystwyth - DorisUruguay - Nacional to beat Rampla Jnrs - this is my pick.  Nacional are 5-0-0, Rampla are 1-2-2.Bulgaria - Liteks Lovech to beat Kaliakra - Trent

Wales, Uruguay, Bulgaria, Finland, Switzerland and the Etihad.  Where''s Louis Suarez when you need him?

Good luck everyone, and thanks for your picks this week. Let''s hope we can end on a legal high.

Look like a solid set of 6 Chops, sorry I am late. I will join the crew and go for a Man City home win please. Good luck Chops and all PUPs!

Sorry for the lateness Mr C.  It''s a tough week, being the last week and everything resting on it, you even start to doubt all the bankers.  I had tried like Mr Bump to avoid all of the naps that those around me made, which made it even tougher.  I was left looking at a possibility in Canada and one in Estonia to name but 2.

The least I had to do was to make a different nap to Mr Bump.  If I nap the same team as him I stand no chance whatsoever.  With there also being a chance that Basel slip up, if I don''t nap the worst I can finish is second , but if Basel lose I would win the league.  I know this is controversial, but I don''t care, I am in it for the title and I think I stand more of a chance by not making a selection and considering Chops has already picked his final 6 it doesn''t matter anyway.

So, good luck all and sorry to the people tied in 3rd, and Mr Bump, the pressure''s on boyo!!!!

[:P]Had you going, but I just can''t keep it up, I would never do such a thing and before I get lynched on to my nap -

I couldn''t pick Basel as Bump has picked them and it would leave me with no chance as I mentioned above.  Man City scream out the page at you, they will most probably win, but I just have this little niggle, there''s so much pressure on the game for them and QPR who although woeful away, have some players who could pull something out the bag and perhaps salvage a shock result - a draw at City.

Like I said, I''ve looked and looked at fixtures all over the world and my final sword swipe of the season takes me to Bulgaria.  The great man Trent has already picked out Liteks, and I didn''t want to nap the same as those around me, but there was so little left and I am therefore also hoping that he is on to a good thing.  Liteks still have a decent chance of qualifying for Europe and Kaliakara are on dreadful run and their recent away form is woeful.  They have lost their last 6 away, which includes conceding 5, 6, and 7 in 3 of them and 3 twice.

Hoping I don''t fall on my sword, it''s -

Liteks Lovetch vs Kaliakara - Home win

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck Mr Chops[:)][Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Evening all,

This is a difficult week as much of the season is decided across Europe and home fixtures in truly competitive games is my preferred approach, and therefore my strategy is three-fold:

a) use the top Pickers this season, who have both given me different choices.  Well done and congratulations to Mr. Bump and Norfolkbroadslim, a tremendous season of picking from both of you and I hope your run of form continues this week.  As I write, Bump has selected at this stage and NBS hasn''t yet posted, so it''s Bump that I''m backing in my 6 picks.

b) Pick Man City against QPR to make sure 90% of this week''s picks are represented.  It would be rude not to, and here''s hoping Bolton can pull off a massive upset by winning a game of football and thereby sending QPR back to the Championship where they can take six points off the Binners next season, making everyone better off.

c) Scan the European and American leagues for competitive possibilities.  I have learned a lot from doing this.  In the Bolivian league, there is a team called "The Greatest".  They are third in the league, so I''m not sure that name is working for them just yet.  Uruguay have a team called "Liverpool", and I''m not picking them so that''ll be a minute''s silence in the making.

I was incidentally slightly concerned about Bore Bore Bor until I remembered Young Boys is a football team.

So, here we go:

Switzerland - FC Basel to beat Grasshopper Club Zürich - Bump, Bore Bore Bor

England - Man City to beat QPR - pretty much everybody

Finland - HJK Helsinki to beat KuPS Kuopio - Sid

Wales - Llanelli to beat Aberystwyth - Doris

Uruguay - Nacional to beat Rampla Jnrs - this is my pick.  Nacional are 5-0-0, Rampla are 1-2-2.

Bulgaria - Liteks Lovech to beat Kaliakra - Trent

Wales, Uruguay, Bulgaria, Finland, Switzerland and the Etihad.  Where''s Louis Suarez when you need him?

Good luck everyone, and thanks for your picks this week. Let''s hope we can end on a legal high.

[/quote]

Thank you for these Mister. I''m loving your strategy. Six great selections which give us an excellent chance ending the season with a win. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return for a Â£10 stake was £37.45. But at the quiz tonight Tilly handed me a tenner to double the bet. So the potential winnings are  Â£74.90. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Basel @ 3/10
Man City @ 1/8
Llanelli @ 4/9
HJK Helsinki @ 3/10
Liteks Lovetch @ 1/11
Nacional De Montevideo @ 1/4
6 Folds, 1 bet * £20.00
12/05/2012 01:06:5820.000.00
Total for this period 20.00

Llanelli get us underway at 2:30 followed by HJK Helsinki at 4:30, FC Basel at 4:45, Liteks Lovech at 6pm and Nacional at 8pm. All being well we go into Sunday when Manchester City kick off at 3pm. Thanks again Mister and Tilly and good luck everyone.

Great to see the PUPs team at the quiz tonight and I hope to see some more of you at the game tomorrow or in the Nelson after.

Man City vs QPR - Home win. Good luck to all PUP''s

I''m gutted Mr Chops[:(][:''(] sorry, can''t believe Llanelli, the b******s, couldn''t win it in 90 mins. Looks like it will be another 5/6. I''ll probably be relegated from the Fab 40 too so a s**t day all round. Can only hope that Norwich will win tomorrow[:D]

Considering it''s the last week it''s quiet on here! 

I suspect Master Bump, has passed out with 7 cans of Special Brew strewn around his person and a half eaten beef and tomato Pot Noodle having previously been drinking himself into a stupor whilst slowly stroking  and caressing his first PUPs trophy.................

Sorry for being so late but I have had trouble logging into the site. Thought I would try it before I make the trip across country to Norwich and luckily it worked.

Anyway I''m going for a Man City Win.

Davo

Unlucky Mister. Again it wasn''t meant to be. Everything has to go for us to get a win. Getting six results is a difficult task but you have proved you''re up to it with your two previous wins.

We''ve done well this season with 7 winning weeks from 36. That''s good going by anyones standards and proves what a brilliant group of pickers we have assembled.

Congratulations Mr Bump on your second championship. Your consistent record is amazing. Unlucky Richard, you lost out by the broadslimest of margins. I can''t do the stats yet because so many of us picked games are played today.

Thanks Nutty, and thank you for the opportunity to pick this week.  I''m not too downhearted as it was a tough week given a lot of seasons are over in all but name, but I do feel bad for Tilly who lost out on 4 pints of Taddy with that extra £10.My pick of Montevideo let me down anyway Doris, so no need to feel bad about Llanelli.  To be honest, I imagine the local sheep feel quite relieved.Looking forward to next season and a chance to get that illustrious "x3" against my name.Finally, and I know this is said often but it does bear repeating - a big thank you to Nutty for the administration of this thread and for keeping Ray''s great idea alive - & Leeds Canary for the hard work that goes into the medals and trophies.  Perhaps next season I''ll get my hands on one.Thanks again all, and good luck with your picks today [Y] [B]

Thanks again Mister Chops. Another win just wasn’t meant to be.

The top 12 PUPs all signed off with a win. So it’s congratulations once again to Mr Bump[*] who’s the first PUP to win two championships. Really unlucky Norfolkbroadslim who was second through making one less pick. The margin couldn’t be closer. And well done to all the top six who topped 90%. That’s a great achievement. 66% was needed to finish in our Fab40. Diesel Doris unluckily dropped below the line. Her selection won but not in 90 minutes.

But the league table is just what we use to keep us focused. The main purpose of the thread is to help the week’s picker to find six winning selections. All you PUPs have excelled at that this season. That’s why we have had these seven winning weeks : -

Week 5 Herman  Â£26.45

Week 10 Devon  Â£59.72

Week 11 Lapp   Â£49.71

Week 14 Inchy   Â£42.93

Week 21 Statto   Â£32.87

Week 33 Wazzy  Â£55.48

Week 34 Yankee £90.85 (Doubled by Gingerpele)

And those 7 winning weeks mean we have £358.04 to present to the academy. Now we were going to make this presentation at the beginning of June but it hasn’t been possible to do that so I’m looking at a date in early August that will suit as many as possible.

This year was of course different because for the first time we sponsored ourselves. Thank you all for your support and generosity especially Robin, Justin and Purple who put in extra sponsorship to ensure these great threads continue.

Including the extra tenners, your donations this season amounted to £545. Including the extra tenners we bet £400. That means that we have £145 to carry over to next season on top of the £358 we have to present. The following table accounts for the money and shows where it’s held : -

Donations

Bets

Wins

Should Have

Bet365

PayPal

Cash

Total held

So for the last time this season here are those with at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. The line denotes the Fab40 who will be making the picks next season.

Mr. Bump[*]

94%

Norfolkbroadslim

94%

Jed Exodus

92%

Statto

92%

Til 1010

92%

Trent Canary

92%